♥Teen Romance♥ discussion

MODERATORS > Ideas, concerns or suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you have any ideas, concerns or suggestions?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think we should have writing comps and group reads. What do you guys think?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

❤Katy❤ wrote: "I think we should have writing comps and group reads. What do you guys think?"

Great idea! I'm already trying to set up the writing competition.

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (AlligatorQueen) I would like to see Love it, Hate it, Haven't read it in the games section.

message 5: by Alison (last edited Jun 04, 2012 10:54AM) (new)

Alison Tiffany wrote: "I would like to see Love it, Hate it, Haven't read it in the games section."

Great! You can go ahead and go to the Games folder and click New Topic to start it c:!

message 6: by Krista (new)

Krista Holle | 4 comments Is it possible to have a section where authors can post giveaways?

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison Krista wrote: "Is it possible to have a section where authors can post giveaways?"

They can post for them to send out free books for you to review. But when they do, I expect a list of the names who receive them just to make sure they post the review or their membership will be terminated.
Click here to post for reviews: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

**Also: if you really want that giveaway, you can post it there. (:

message 8: by Krista (new)

Krista Holle | 4 comments thanks! I made a post.

message 9: by Breanne (new)

Breanne Ozuna | 4 comments For the buddy reads, how would you know which people want to read the same book as you?

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison Breanne wrote: "For the buddy reads, how would you know which people want to read the same book as you?"

You talk about it and hopefully come upon a set book to read. I suggest going to each others profiles and comparing books to find one you'd both like to read. (:

message 11: by Breanne (new)

Breanne Ozuna | 4 comments Thank-you :)

message 12: by Nataly (new)

Nataly (natalyreads) | 93 comments On Buddy Reads, do you like have the same buddy for the entire time? Or do the buddies switch out eventually?

Also, I have a suggestion for the Book of the Month Polls. I think it would be better if we maybe had less choices, like not just put every single recommendation given. I think this would help because with all the choices given for the July read, there were 9 votes for the winner, but if you think about it, adding all the other votes, there's more people who didn't want to read that book. With a lot less choices, like around 6-10, it's narrowed down for everyone, and the book that gets the most votes will have a lot of people. I hope you take this into consideration and this helps the group out for the best.
You're doing a great job with the group, thank you:D

message 13: by Alison (new)

Alison Nataly wrote: "On Buddy Reads, do you like have the same buddy for the entire time? Or do the buddies switch out eventually?

Also, I have a suggestion for the Book of the Month Polls. I think it would be better..."

You can switch out once you finish the book and don't want the same partner or you and your partner aren't getting along. Just let your partner know. C:

And I was thinking of having weekly polls with the recommendations of that week posted? I know this months was a lot, but I wanted to include everyone. There were actually a lot of repeat suggestions, so I had to muddle through that. This way with the winners of each weeks poll at the end of the month there will only be 4 choices to choose from.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'd love your feedback on this. c:

message 14: by Nataly (last edited Jul 01, 2012 11:46PM) (new)

Nataly (natalyreads) | 93 comments I actually love the idea, it's a great way for the group itself to narrow down to the book we all agree on. Thanks for the reply:)

message 15: by Nataly (new)

Nataly (natalyreads) | 93 comments On the group's home, it says we are "Currently Reading" "The Lifeguard" and "Lola and the Boy Next Door" which aren't the actual July Read. Could you change that? It's bothering me..

message 16: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Brown (_itsabookthing_) | 7 comments We should have more polls. Maybe like completions: cover, best dialogue, favorite heroine/ hero, favorite guy, ect. I love polls!