What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Teenager turns out to be alien

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita (ma1974) | 5 comments I am looking for a book I likely have read around 1986 in Danish. No clue about author or title. Two children/ teenagers, possible twins and most likely girl and boy, something happen, possible a birthday or a car-accident, and it is discovered that one of them is not normal, maybe she used telekinesis to help in the car accident, the friendly neighbour that have always been a friend of family since the twins birth, turns out to be a guardian or helper or something like that and the other child is disappointed he is not an alien too. I think the girl tell the guardian she used to fake her bloodtests in school cause she knew her blood was different colour and asked a friend to help and pretended to be scared of needles. I have been looking for this book forever, at libraries and web fora, and if ANY of this remind you of a story, please help.

message 2: by Anyanwu (new)

Anyanwu | 7 comments This may be a book by Zenna Henderson "Pilgrimage: The Book of the People" (Doubleday, 1961). It is a series of short stories and likely strongly influenced the "Escape to Witch Mountain" which was made into a film by Disney. I read the short stories in the 1980's, too.

message 3: by Anita (new)

Anita (ma1974) | 5 comments I appreciate the suggestion, but from what I can see her aliens all knew they were aliens and more on earth than a teenager and her guardian. The story I remember is to siblings not knowing one is really an alien, maybe the "twin" was planted into the family making the mom think she had 2 babies instead of 1. They live like normal kids, till this event/birthday, except the aliens has this idea about her blood (she mention this to the guardian after the guardian explained that she is an alien) the human sibling is sad he is not alien too and say something about that is why the guardian gave them different kind of toys/fifts. I think the alien kid had gotten toys that would educate her to survive, like maybe a computergame so she knew how to use alien spaceship), she was put in that family on earth to hide, some other aliens are after her like she is a princess or something. Only the guardian knew her real identity.

message 4: by Pogue (new)

Pogue (nulaanne) | 113 comments Try looking at Escape to Witch Mountainthis might be what you are looking for.

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 801 comments It's not one of the 'Ormingat' books by Sylvia Waugh, is it?

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita (ma1974) | 5 comments Thanks for your suggestions but the brother and the parents are normal human beings (and they dont know she is not). Only the sister is alien (the brother is present and asks the guardian if he is alien too and is sad he is not).

message 7: by Fay (new)

Fay | 1 comments "Aurora" by Sally Farrell Odgers matches many of the points you raise.

message 8: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Jun 26, 2012 12:15AM) (new)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Anita wrote: "Thanks for your suggestions but the brother and the parents are normal human beings (and they dont know she is not). Only the sister is alien (the brother is present and asks the guardian if he is ..."

This reminds me so much of a australian kids tv-series that aired in the 90s I remember the brother asking if he was an alien too in the tvshow.

Maybe the book was the basis for it? Too bad i cant remember the tv-series name...

message 9: by Kiwi8mail (new)

Kiwi8mail | 3 comments Could it possibly be a Danish translation of "Chocky" by John Wyndham?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39281 comments Mod
Anita, are you still looking for this book? Was it Aurora or Chocky?

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita (ma1974) | 5 comments Im still looking and havent found it yet

message 12: by bookel (new)

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) Anita, someone will know your book eventually, but it will help if you 'bump' this topic thread every couple of months. :)

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking, Anita?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.