Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Wicked 2 Watch > The Walking Dead

Comments Showing 1-50 of 275 (275 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) ...continuation of an earlier conversation.

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Sooooo did she cheat on him once she knew he was alive? I don't rememeber that......

message 3: by Leea (new)

Leea Regina, love that song and it would be great for running. Although, I normally run to some rap/pop/dance music that is not fit for kids ears. I've got a mouth on me... you wouldn't believe :)

Walking Dead (view spoiler)

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Ah! It is the reverse of what I thought you would be thinking. I agree and understand.

I normally run to pop/rap and hip hop too and some other stuff thrown in like Muse. Just like with books I am all over the place.

message 5: by Leea (new)

Leea What did you think i'd say? Just curious :)

message 6: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I just saw a few eposides!

message 7: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I think the baby is definitely (view spoiler).

I can't stand Lori, I feel like she's just so cold.

message 8: by Leea (new)

Leea That last episode, how Lori acted towards the end... that proved how Cold she is. I think Rick is seeing her for the first time.

Do you think she's (view spoiler)

message 9: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Leea, I thought you wouldn't like her bc of Rick, not Shane. :)

I felt like Rick believed her though, like he bought into it?

Leea, that is what my husband said about her and (view spoiler)

message 10: by Leea (new)

Leea Oh... got it!

I hope Rick didn't buy into that, it's only going to mean more trouble.

I had to post pictures here of some of the cast... My husband kind of resembles Shane, his body type and shaved head. I wonder if that's why I find him so attractive? ha ha!

*Shane

*Rick

*Lori

*Daryl

message 11: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Shane is so hot. That scene when he was shaving his head I couldn't stop looking at his chest!

I think it's a mix of feelings for Rick. I mean, (view spoiler)

I don't know what I think is going to happen to (view spoiler).

message 12: by Leea (new)

Leea I think you're right (view spoiler)

message 13: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I have to work all day, so real quick.

I absolutely love the pictures you posted! I agree, I am more in line with Rick's morality in terms of the group and individuals. I wouldn't want one person to die for the group to live. I also prefer being more calmer in my approach (like andrea suggested to Shane), but Shane seems to say and do what we all want the group to do! Like he is the emotional force of us all breaking through!

Have any of you read the comic books? I am not really a comic book person, but I am interested in how it deviates. Hunkering down is what they should do. And start planting, hunting, etc.

Rick and Shane are each ideal men but of course flawed. But they have opposite appeals in a way, so it is easy to like both in my opinion. I wonder if in the end Rick will come down on Shane's side, that would be interesting.

I saw this once again Leea, -- great choice in a hubby!

message 14: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I haven't read the comic books, but we've looked at them and I've read reviews on the compendium. I want to get it to have in my collection.

It's on tonight, so I'm sure I'll be in here chatting about it!

message 15: by Leea (new)

Leea I never realized it started as a comic book. Ha ha! I'm always a step behind.

Can't wait to talk about tonights episode later :)

message 16: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I probably won't watch until Friday or Saturday night, but I will be back then!

message 17: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Oh man, this is a good damn episode.

message 18: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Intense!

message 19: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I was freaking out when (view spoiler).

message 20: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Ahhh me too!!! (view spoiler)

message 21: by Leea (new)

Leea Okay finished the Walking Dead... That was a great episode. (view spoiler)

I can't wit to for next weeks episode.

message 22: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) It's kind of frustrating because (view spoiler).

I think what Rick meant was that (view spoiler).

I really loved when Andrea went off on Lori! I didn't necessarily agree with what she did but I did agree with what she said. Lori hasn't really felt the same loss as everyone else. It's easy for her to say suicide is wrong. Let's see how she feels when she (view spoiler).

message 23: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I am not going to click on those spoilser! I am not going to click on those spoilser! I am not going to click on those spoilser! I am not going to click on those spoilser! I am not going to click on those spoilser!I am not going to click on those spoilser!I am not going to click on those spoilser!I am not going to click on those spoilser!I am not going to click on those spoilser!

Okay, I feel better. :)

message 24: by Leea (new)

Leea Sorry Regina! I can't wait for you to watch it. Last night episode made me like Lori more - Crazy! What she said to Andrea (Sorry Regina)(view spoiler)

I'd like to think if I was in that situation I would still abide by societies rules but in all reality I would do ANYTHING to protect my children.

message 25: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) lol, I'm sorry Regina! I know how hard that is. I'm always at least 3 or 4 days late with Vampire Diaries, so I know how you feel.

message 26: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Leea, I started out agreeing with Lori. (I still don't like her at all, but sometimes she does make sense. Like when she stuck up for Rick when in the early part of this season (view spoiler).) So I started out agreeing with her. I understand that (view spoiler). So anyway, on one hand I agreed with Lori, on the other I agreed with Andrea.

message 27: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) No apologies necessary. :)

message 28: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Okay I'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't care for lori...

message 29: by Leea (new)

Leea I'm still not a Lori fan... It's just that this episode she did not bug the heck out of me.

Vamp. Diaries. There wasn't an episode last week, are they on break again or did I miss it? Sorry to change the topic :)

message 30: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I didn't even realize they didn't have one, lol.

message 31: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 8 comments Lori so annoys me. I have to say, I'm a huge Rick fan. I've never trusted Shane. He's seemed shady, sneaky and underhanded from the very first episode.

message 32: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) LOL, It's funny how we perceive people differently. I like both Shane and Rick, and it's sad watching their friendship disintegrate.

message 33: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I agree. They clearly need each other and the group needs each of their perspectives. I also think that when an audience or when readers react differently to characters it shows how well written those characters are. :)

message 34: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I missed the first season so bare with me, but as much as Rick and Shane controdic each other it kind of feels like for the group to survive they kind of need the different ideas

message 35: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Agreed, lol -- I just posted that!

message 36: by Leea (new)

Leea Regina, you still have to watch this last episode, right?

Wendy, well said :) I also feel bad because in season 1 you see how they were partners and looked after each other on the force. They were friends, shared their lives together and had each others backs. I hope that Shane can move on and find happiness somewhere else... *cough* Andrea. *cough*

message 37: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Haha that's funny Regina! Haha I'm piecing things together as I go along

message 38: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) LOL, definitely. And I think they need each other! Rick needs Shane to help him put aside his compassion when need be. And Shane needs Rick to help him FIND his, lmao.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Andrea has a bangin' body. I'd hook up with her over Lori anyday.

message 40: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Right Leea. :)

Shane and Andrea make a hot couple.

message 41: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) LOL, I think so too! I was thinking that last week actually, that Andrea is really hot. I like her and Shane together.

message 42: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Exactly about Rick and Shane.

Stacia, did you see what we posted at the exact same time? LOL. But ditto with you and Wendy. It is funny that she is the hottie and not Lori. Not sure why Shane is all hung up on Lori, I would so much prefer to be with Andrea too. Haha, I hope that when the zombie apoc comes, I am able to look as good as Andrea does during it! Her and Shane look like there is an apoc going on, but they still look hot.

I wonder about crazy stuff - like, when are they shaving their armpits and legs -- bc these ladies are smooth.

message 43: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I laughed for a long time at Lori's earings. Like, who the heck has time to put turqoise earrings in!

message 44: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments That's because Lori as much meat on her as twig, Andrea actually has curves!

Hahaha Regina! I was thinking that! I was like wow Lori has hairless armpits what is going on?! Not that we want to see the hair it's still like a little explainnation would be lovely.

message 45: by Leea (new)

Leea It's funny because the actress who plays Lori, when she's all done up is beautiful. I like Andrea, she's spunky and doesn't' take any of Lori's shit.

How do they keep finding this food or cooking it? I agree about the hygiene.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) If a zombie horde wiped out 95% of the population, you think there'd be a very nice supply of food between all of the homes, stores, offices, etc. People shouldn't run out of supplies for a while and by then, they should have had time to get farms up and running.

Also, they need to raid a police station or army base (or hell, a Wal-Mart or gun store) and get better weapons. It's ridiculous that they're running around with shotguns instead of multi-ammo glocks. Also, screw using a KNIFE to kill zombies at close range. It's time to go back to doing things old-school style - with swords that have some reach on them.

message 47: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) They miss my favorite parts about survivalist books - how to survive. The As the World Dies trilogy by Frater does the zombie apoc very well. A basic for surviving would be to build a wall. Get out of the open.

message 48: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) That's what they did in Feed, too. The towns were walled off. I suppose I assumed that things like guns were already raided, but that is a good idea.

When Lori brought Beth food it was tomatoes, cucumbers and chicken. All things that the farm sustained with a garden and livestock. Plus, remember how crazy the city is, there won't be a lot of raiding in Atlanta. I would imagine the higher the population the more walkers.

Lori looks pretty in the flashbacks, so I can see it. I think Lori should be with Rick, and Andrea should be with Shane.

message 49: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments The hygene and the car cameos are the only issues I have.

I thought the farm had food supplies and they keep going into town I guess they have some stuff in town but other then the chickens I don't know what other meat they have.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Even if you couldn't go into a town, you could check just about any house or office building or store for food and supplies (or hell, freight trucks, trains, cars on the side of the road...). With so much of the population being wiped out, there wouldn't be the same amount of fighting for supplies.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6