BTS Book Club discussion

Readers > The best Series Ever!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (last edited Feb 27, 2012 06:31PM) (new)

Christy Wilhelm | 282 comments Mod
What is your favorite Series
Here is mine!
I'm a sucker for the Harry Potter Series. I've read the 1st at least 5 times and I cried when it was over. I was miserable that Harry grew up. Never again to visit Hogwarts!

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I really liked the HP series, too. Besides being a fun read for me, the entire family used to fight over who got to read the next book first. (I bought them & read the fastest, so I did.)
;-)

It also was what got my daughter out of special ed for reading. She has dyslexia & a learning recall issue. She didn't want to read the first one, but I saw it at her book fair & had heard good things about it, so I got it for me. I kept telling her about all the cool things & eventually she read it. After that, it wasn't, "Erin, time to read." but "Erin, stop reading."

message 3: by Poppy (new)

Poppy Fields (aggiepanthus) I adore the Harry Dresdan Files. Jim Butcher is an amazing writer and his characters are well developed and so fun. I am on Changes now and it is captivating.

Jeaniene Frost would be my second fave but it is a close call. Cat and Bones are terrific and all the side story books from the other characters have been 5 stars in my world!

And Laurell K. Hamilton is one of my faves. I love me some Jean Claude. She may have become a little warped and twisted with the sex focus of the books but regardless, she weaves an entertaining tale and is really creative.

I read everything in these series as soon as the come out.

message 4: by L.S. (new)

L.S. Murphy | 5 comments It's hard to beat Harry Potter since Rowling did so many things right. The Percy Jackson books are pretty amazing too. Also, the Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray is great.

message 5: by Book (new)

Book Trailer | 21 comments Mod
Poppy wrote: "I adore the Harry Dresdan Files. Jim Butcher is an amazing writer and his characters are well developed and so fun. I am on Changes now and it is captivating.

Jeaniene Frost would be my second fa..."

Wow Poppy never heard of these :)I'll have to Check them out

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Layne (dianalaynebooks) | 8 comments Yep, HP for me. Love HP, dying to read them all again, no time right now though. And don't throw things at me but I...um, liked Twilight, too. LOL

message 7: by Lindsay Downs (new)

Lindsay Downs | 16 comments It's not a series I read but the one I'm writing-Emily Dahill Series.
If you love a strong heroine and a furry hero then this is for you, and not it's not fantasy or sci-fi. The series is Contemporary Mystery.

message 8: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold series - I am totally in love with it!

message 9: by Lindsay Downs (new)

Lindsay Downs | 16 comments Zee, if you love collies then give me a try. I've got hero you're guaranteed to fall in love with

Redheads Review it Better (redreviewsit) | 36 comments Oh!!!! I LOVE HP! I have read them so many times I have lost count and had to by new hardbacks because they fell apart on me and I am super gentle with my books. I do have a couple that I just absolutely love and I have a cow if I don't get the new one in the series the day it comes out. Kerrelyn Sparks and Pamela Palmer are on my automatic buy/freak out if I don't get the books on release day. Lol! I just absolutely adore them to no end. :)Another super big one for me is Robyn Carr. She is my second favorite author. I can't get enough of her Virgin River series!

Now my absolute favorite author is Lorelei James and her Rough Riders series. I will check out her site almost daily to see if I can find any news on any upcoming Rough Riders books. I know I am bordering on stalker but how can I not when her books have all the right things? The characters and the storylines are written so wonderfully I feel like I am there and living through the character. And another big part I love, sex. She gets down and real dirty on some of them but it only makes me love the books and characters even more! :)

message 11: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) Lindsay wrote: "Zee, if you love collies then give me a try. I've got hero you're guaranteed to fall in love with"

Lol, Lindsay - you said the magic words (hero & love)

message 12: by Lindsay Downs (new)

Lindsay Downs | 16 comments Zee wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Zee, if you love collies then give me a try. I've got hero you're guaranteed to fall in love with"

Lol, Lindsay - you said the magic words (hero & love)"

He is a character in more ways than the word implies also. Dakota is the kind of hero that doesn't steal the spotlight. He sort of borrows it.

message 13: by Poppy (new)

Poppy Fields (aggiepanthus) Book wrote: "Poppy wrote: "I adore the Harry Dresdan Files. Jim Butcher is an amazing writer and his characters are well developed and so fun. I am on Changes now and it is captivating.

Jeaniene Frost would b..."

You will not be disappointed!