☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Debates > Racism

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Feb 26, 2012 12:06PM) (new)

Sarah Racism. A massive, massive problem that goes on everywhere. All it takes is for some ignorant person to have a crazy idea about one race and then everyone who belongs to that race gets tormented. There are a lot of jokes as well, that children can pick up and think are humorous. I know a lot of people, from all different ethnical groups and I myself am of mixed race. When someone even mentions one racist thing I am at them in a flash -and I have been a victim of racism. Three of my best friends have all been called racist names, and I have caught for them.
You just have to give the racists some solid, hard information, because most of the time they don't really know what the hell they are actually talking about. A lot of issues and discrimination in our society today is due to ignorance. And when they looked defeated, I always feel some satisfaction. You don't even have to be mean about it - put them straight, and they'll never do it again.
I think on the media there is a lot of stories which affect how people feel about certain races.

So what do you guys think? This is a very, very intense subject. Please respect everyones views, and don't be judgemental or racist. Have any of you suffered racism? Any types of racism you don't understand? Have any of you ever been told you've been racist without meaning to?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Ignorant people who make ignorant racist jokes. I don't see how it's funny. At all. It's annoying and I'm like, "Really? You can't be mature?"

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Totally. And they have stupid nicknames for different cultures, and everything. I Juat don't get the point.

message 4: by cαssιe ♥ (new)

cαssιe ♥ | 526 comments This guy called me a french fry because I'm french. Stupid. I mean get a life.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) I think that some people just want a reason to be mean, so they use Racism. Like, really?

If it's keeps going on, some races are going to go on an all out war.........youch

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) That too, again, youch. Why can't people tell that no matter your race, WE ARE EQUAL. Hmph, some people are, like you said, ignorant

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah It's al ignorance. That's what I always say. People don't know what they're talking about so they say anything.

message 8: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 127 comments I hate racism, it just pointless. Especially the nicknames like "Paki" for a guy who probably isn't even from Paistan and "Coco Pops" for black people. It's completely wrong but then again you don't need people making a law against the children's nursery rhyme "Ba ba black sheep" and changing it to "ba ba rainbow sheep". People should get that things like that have nothing to do with racism and it's the chavs who wear trackies and trainers who go around shouting insulting things that are the real problem.

message 9: by Nasrul (new)

Nasrul (nasrulekram) | 6 comments Because it has been around for so long, I don't think racism will ever be eradicated. As long as people can get mad at each other, the power that they possess to hate and blame as and when they like, racism will stay.

And living in a society composed of multiracial groups, racism is harder to detect.

It is such a complex issue. Hate will always be there, no matter how small. If you have to, hate the person for who he is, not his race. It is unfair to those of the same race but with a heart of pure love.

message 10: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Cheyenne | 665 comments Mod
Someone once looked at my obvious whiteness and then told me I was racist. A second upon meeting me.

message 11: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Cheyenne | 665 comments Mod
Exactly, that's what I told them. I hate it when someone assumes I'm racist. My family has blacks, mexicans, asians, and native americans. It would be kind of hard for me to grow up racist.

message 12: by Pirl (last edited Jun 25, 2012 01:59AM) (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Does being Jewish count? Or is antisemitism not racism?

Natzies certainly thought so.
Did I spell that wrong? I'm used to spelling it in Hebrew only... Here... נאצים.

message 13: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Yep.
So.
Yeah.
Just to put that in the conversation.

BTW, Hitler- ימח שמו! *spits on floor*

message 14: by ϟEvelynϟ (last edited Oct 14, 2012 06:49PM) (new)

ϟEvelynϟ (paralynperea) | 118 comments Yep, racial slurs are thrown at me here and there, but they hurt like a damn. I'm always getting comments like, "Go back to Mexico!" or mocking me with, "La migra, la migra!" and really offensive racial slurs. It's ridiculous how some kids call me a "stupid Mexican" when they are the ones with the low intellect. It really pisses me off. Insults like these are so much more hurtful than any other ones. It's absurd that there are even adults out there who are racists. Really, guys. Grow up and be smart. We're all Americans, and we come here to live a better life. We all descend from immigrants. We all didn't just pop up from the ground and start living a life. Stop with the racism. It's not healthy and it's so wrong and despicable. Just don't be ignorant. Sorry, I just seem to gush when talking about the sensitive subject.