Scott Westerfeld Books discussion

Uglies Series > Uglies RP

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments By the time she had downed her third glass of champagne, Beigh knew that the rest of the night would be a blur. She blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes, still swaying with the music. She had made out with some other guy earlier...Joe something? She didn't know. Pretty parties went on like that every night. With her blonde curls fell down her back and her lips painted red, she embodied the New Prettiness extremely well.

Finn fought through the crowd and spotted his sister, obviously drunk and dancing with some guys. He rolled his eyes. She always needed to be "Bubbly". He debated whether or not to grab her and haul her home, but then decided against it and left the mansion, wandering out into the backyard. This world was so...fake. She small and boxy. He thought of this as he wandered further away from the property, in the direction of Uglyville.

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 254 comments Mod
Curfew was almost there. Nika knew she would be locked out and punished again, but she didn't care. If she stayed out, maybe she wouldn't have to talk to that irritating, conniving snipe Mandy Ellis. Beneath her feet, her hoverboard hummed lightly, begging for speed.
"Alright. Let's get this show on the road then," she said with a smile, kicking it into gear.

message 3: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments Finn stopped beside the Uglyville entrance, about fifty feet from it. He knew that he would get in trouble or something for this, but...in a way, he missed his old life. With real people, who actually had brains, not 'bubbles'. He rolled his eyes. Beigh was so much prettier when she was an ugly. Of course, her head was so in the clouds, she'd never think so. The distant sounds of hoverboards and familiar mindless chatter of Uglyville calmed his nerves.

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 254 comments Mod
Squinting, Nika looked down at the lone figure standing below.
"What in the..." Somehow, he looked familiar, but then again, she was about fifty feet up in the air. Everything looked familiar from that height.

message 5: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments The sound of a hoverboard getting closer made Finn's head snap up. Some...ugly? Or a pretty? He couldnt tell, but whoever it was was hovering fifty feet above him. "Hey!" He called upward.

((can you possibly make a love interest for Beigh? :) ))

Slightly unsure of whether to go down, Nika hovered briefly for a moment, then angled the board straight downward and dove, coming up sharply right in front of him.
"Hey yourself," she said, crossing her arms. Yup, he is definitely familiar. And a Pretty, she thought.

((of course I can!))

message 8: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments ((yayyyyyy! :) *happy dance* ))

Finn didn't flinch as she dropped right in front of him. From the look of her non-eyelined eyes and lack of extreme gloss in her hair, he could tell she was an ugly. Which meant that she was under 16. Wow. She looked older, though.
"What are you doing out so late?" He asked. "No curfew?" He asked skeptically.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Nakka slipped off her dress as she got closer to the river. The watcher bracelet wouldn't let her go as far as Uglyville, but at least she could got to the river without a swat team after her.

Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "((yayyyyyy! :) *happy dance* ))

Finn didn't flinch as she dropped right in front of him. From the look of her non-eyelined eyes and lack of extreme gloss in her hair, he could tell she was an ugly..."

"Hell no. There's always curfew. This is just my favorite time of day." SHe looked him up and down, trying to place him. "Do I know you?" she asked him finally, narrowing her eyes at his face.

message 11: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "It's possible." Finn sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I was once and ugly...even though it feels like a lifetime ago." He cocked his head to the side.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Nakka heard voices as she stepped into the cool river water. She sighed, none of the Uglies should be out this late... then a smile broke her face as she remembered what life was like back then. She hardly recognized herself when she looked in the mirror.

Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: ""It's possible." Finn sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I was once and ugly...even though it feels like a lifetime ago." He cocked his head to the side."

"Hmm..." Nika switched the board off with her foot and dropped the last few feet to the ground, flipping the board out of the way so she didn't crush it. Then she was struck with an idea. "How about now," she asked, twisting her hair up on top of her head and looking up at him as though flirting. She had looked at lots of guys that way at the party she crashed. Maybe he had been one of them.

message 14: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments Finn squinted his eyes. Suddenly, it came to him. "You're that ugly who crashed the party at the Foley's mansion." He snapped. "I thought I remembered you. Lotta nerve you got, girl." He nodded with a smile.

((Titanic? blue bloods? :) ))

Nika smirked as she dropped her hair. "Guess not all Uglies are that ugly. Didn't even need any makeup, and I fooled you pretties pretty well."

message 16: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "That you did." Finn chuckled. "A few guys asked about you, afterwards, in fact." He grinned. "The thing that tipped me off was the absence of...the gloss that looks like vasaline in your hair." He said, absentmindedly reaching and curling his fingers around a strand of her hair.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Can someone make an rp partner for Nakka?)

"Huh. Guess I'll have to remember that next time. So why are you here?"

((shoot, have to go for a while. BUT I WILL BE BACK in like a half hour, kay?))

message 20: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments ((kk :) ))
"Cause my sister is drunk at a party and the atmosphere is making me nausous."

"That is a very good reason to not be at a party. Why are you here, in Uglyville though?"

message 22: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Well, my trackbraclet has been faulty lately. Testing my boundaries."

"Boundaries. The bane of my existence." Sighing, Nika looked around. "And so fun to stretch. You board?" she indicated the hoverboard in her arms.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Lissy wrote: "(Can someone make an rp partner for Nakka?)"

message 25: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Some." Finn nodded. "It's more my sister who boards. You seem like you do. Quite a lot."

"Quite. That's because it's relatively easy to pick up. I can show you a few tricks if you're not too scared," she said with a smirk.

((sorry, stuff has been super busy. my show is coming up and practice has started running late. Lissy, I was going to have Nika discover Nakka. Is that ok? Also, since their names are so similar, I was thinking they could be somehow connected, like sisters who had been separated or something.))

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Yeah, good idea! What show are you doing? I'm doing a musical called "The Nifty Fifties" with a group of kids from my high school. It's gonna be really cool.)

Niakka waded through the water, trying to get close enough to the voices to see who they were.

((we're doing Urinetown...it's kind of strange XD))

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Haha, one of my frinds at my old school was in it a few years ago. Can you post on the Liveathan RP?)

message 30: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Scared?" Finn said skeptically. "Doubtful. I can board - just don't like it much. Frankly, this whole existence is pretty...one-dimensional."

Athena Jane Allen-Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: ""Scared?" Finn said skeptically. "Doubtful. I can board - just don't like it much. Frankly, this whole existence is pretty...one-dimensional.""

"Then let me make it a little more three dimensional." Grinning, she hit a button on the board and threw it in front of her, where it hovered as she jumped lightly up onto it. "Hop on. It won't tip, I promise."

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Nakka's eyes widened as she saw the girl on the hover board. The girl she hadn't seen in years.

message 33: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments Finn snorted and shook his head, a look of bemusment upon his face. "You're lucky that my tracker anklet is malfunctioning, because we could get in a whole lot of trouble for this..."

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Unless he's broken out before, they just get rings...)

Athena Jane Allen-Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "Finn snorted and shook his head, a look of bemusment upon his face. "You're lucky that my tracker anklet is malfunctioning, because we could get in a whole lot of trouble for this...""

"Trouble is fun. I quite like trouble," she said, reaching up and quickly twisting her hair into a sloppy bun at the back of her head. "So you comig or not, cowboy?"

message 36: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (Well, Laur hasn't read it yet, so we're kinda mixing it up...Like, she doesnt have to live in a dorm or anything.)

Finn rolled his eyes and smiled. "Alright." He hopped on with her. "Cowboy? Really?" He asked.

((oh, she does live in a dorm. They just haven't been there yet.))

"Since when have people picked their nicknames? Oh, and you might want to hold on tightlAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" The last part of the word was lost in a scream of exhilaration as she flipped the board up and flew it straight up into the clouds, her mouth stretched into a wide smile.

message 38: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments ((Oh haha kk, u changed the descript?))

Finn held on as the board rocketed upward. Once they had mellowed out, he caught his breath. "Nice. I haven't boarded since I was...like sixteen."

Athena Jane Allen-Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "((Oh haha kk, u changed the descript?))

Finn held on as the board rocketed upward. Once they had mellowed out, he caught his breath. "Nice. I haven't boarded since I was...like sixteen.""

"I can't believe you haven't! It's the best rush in the world!" Nika said loudly, banking to the left, over a small river.

message 40: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Well, maybe for you. But in New Prettytown...parties, champagne...being bubbly. That's what's the 'rush'" Finn replied.

"But it's not real. They're all so...fake. Manufactured. Nothing like good old fashioned adrenaline to wake you up to the world."

message 42: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "You do know that "they" includes me, right, Mystery Girl Who I Don't Know the Name Of?" Finn asked.

"I'm Nika. Nima Orrels," she replied, ignoring his earlier comment.

message 44: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Alright, "Nika Orrels" what are you doing over here this close to New Prettytown?"

"I'm dare-doing. What are you doing so far from a party?"

message 46: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Because my sister has drank more than a fish, and I don't want to wait around and watch her get herself into trouble." He answered.

A drunken Beigh staggered away from the party, towards the end of New Prettytown, out where it faded into the rest of the world. She had been convinced that she was to come find this new boy that had taken interest in her...wasn't she? She didn't know. Her head was spinning. Bubbly, she thought, just...be bubbly.

"I can understand that. Why do pretties drink, anyway? I've never really understood it. It makes me feel disgusting."

message 48: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Champagne. It's bubbly. So that you can feel 'bubbly'"

Athena Jane Allen-Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: ""Champagne. It's bubbly. So that you can feel 'bubbly'""

"Bubbly? Really?" Nika shook her head, banking the board to the right as she soared over New Prettytown. "And I thought Mandy Ellis was crazy."

message 50: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Who?" Finn asked, absentmindedly. "But, yeah, that's the new fad. Well, not new, but, new for the new pretties."

« previous 1