Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

The Prince's Tale

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jaclyn Lore - Edwards I cried during the Prince's Tale in the last book. It was so sad because Snape went through so much to save the boy with his mother's eyes. He deep down really cared for Harry and I'm sad that Harry didn't know what truly happened. What do you think?

Ciara I think that Harry did know what happened...after Snape died. Harry saw Snape's memories and at last understood him-his love for Lily, his Death Eater past, and Dumbledore's death. It was sad to see the full story, but I didn't cry.

J.D. Field Every story, right from book 1, I though Snape was going to be revealed as the good guy. JKR kept it right to the end...

Amanda I had fate all along that he was going to be a good guy but there was always that teeny bit of doubt in my head, so I was waiting anxiously for all to be revealed. It was a great story. Quite unexpected too. I never would have made the Lily/Snape connection. Oh JKR, what a storyteller!

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

george ☽ Ciara wrote: "I think that Harry did know what happened...after Snape died. Harry saw Snape's memories and at last understood him-his love for Lily, his Death Eater past, and Dumbledore's death. It was sad to se..."

yeah, i feel the same. I didnt cry either, but it WAS sad

Mia Claire The Prince's Tale is my favorite chapter in Deathly Hallows. I cried too. :'(

CASI Black Well, now I know it's not embarrassing, coz' I'm not the only one who cried for the half-blood Prince's sufferings and sacrifices. I really like the part when he was talking to Dumbledore and he conjured a patronus.. and it'd mixed my emotions when I knew that it's the shining silver doe. haay

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8... - Word Game folks.. all about Harry Potter world.

Katerina My absolute favorite chapter! of the whole series, of course. It was a beautiful story about Snape's life story.

message 9: by Habz (last edited Feb 27, 2012 08:58AM) (new) - added it

Habz It was so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad:(
although i wasn't really happy with the movie potrayal....i was kinda laughing at the bit where snape was crying and holding Lily's dead body...when there's a poor upset baby who just survived that nightmare... and needs comforting, isolated right behind them....

Jeanie Jaclyn wrote: "I cried during the Prince's Tale in the last book. It was so sad because Snape went through so much to save the boy with his mother's eyes. He deep down really cared for Harry and I'm sad that Harr..."

There's no evidence that deep down Snape really cared for Harry; only that he cared enough for Lily to watch out for Harry to prevent his being killed. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that deep down Snape hated Harry for looking like his father--except for the eyes--and didn't mind seeing Harry hurt as long as it didn't end in death for him. The one odd thing is why Snape felt the need to share his memories with Harry , beyond Harry's need to know that he must sacrifice himself. Beyond giving Harry a reason to believe him, and giving the reader the information we needed, I wonder if Snape needed someone to know of his love so that it would never die, living on forever through Harry's memories which will be retold to his own children and so on.

How odd it is that James sacrificed himself out of love for Lily and his child to try to buy them time to escape, and yet Snape's love for Lily--don't forget he was her betrayer, regrets not withstanding--appears more important, almost higher and nobler , and has been exalted over to virtual heroic proportions.

I wonder how Lily would feel if she knew Snape's love for her was revered more than her beloved husband James' love for her?

Gabriel You had me thinking that The Prince's Tale was the title of Jo's new novel then!