☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Debates > Bullying

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Feb 25, 2012 01:03PM) (new)

Sarah This is a BIG topic. Bullying can come in all sorts of forms, at school, physical, verbal, over the Internet, cell phones, etc. And it can be about anything. Racism, jealousy, discrimination of any kind. Usually, bullies have been bullied themselves in the past or at present, and want to take it out on other people. Some bullies are scared and think that it will make them look big.
What do you guys think? Any past experiences? anyone need help? Anyone even been a bully themselves in the past? Anyone known anyone who has been bullied?
Obviously, these things are serious and many people want to keep things private. I respect that, but if someone shares it, I don't want any negative comments.
Also, what are the effects of bullying? Suicide? Mentally being scarred?

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtney21297) | 53 comments I'm actually a bully beat downer.If i find out someone has been bullied i have a very long "talk" with the bully.None of my friends have been bullied since I stopped the bullies.I help other people too,I can't stand people who put down and belittle other people or hurt them.I have a no tolerance policy for bullies.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2012 01:11PM) (new)

Bullying is a huge issue, and I am ashamed to admit that when I was young I was a bit of a bully, and I regret it every day. I went into 6th grade and swore to myself that I wasn't going to be that person anymore, and I'm proud of myself for sticking by that.
But now I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as the victim. I experience it every single day I'm at school, ever since 6th grade I have been harassed. I hate that people act like this, that they feel that this is the only way for them to gain confidence. And I feel awful for the other people who have to deal with them.
I manage, I have some amazingly supportive friends who make every day better and know just what to do when people treat me like that. But lots of people don't have the friends that I have and I feel awful and helpless when I realize how bad some have it.
Honestly, there will always be bullies. I don't think that it's an issue that's going to just disappear, but I do think that we can make a difference. We can make a conscious effort not to bully others and we can make sure we stand up for ourselves and each other.
Never give up hope and always know that there'll always be something in your future worth living for.
We're still young and we have our whole lives ahead of us.
peace.
~kaya

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I agree with you guys. I myself have never been a bully (except to my brother:D) but I have suffered with some fairly minor forms of bullying. It was all verbal - and the bullies were just ignorant, bored people.
Thankfully it wasn't at school. It was at places like swimming classes and some kids on my road.
When I met the first real mean person I had ever in my life at swimming, I thankfully had quite an intimidating guy on my side who sort of beat the girl down, and later we changed groups so it was alright.
However on my road, me and my brother were known as the 'rich half-castes' and we had to deal with it ourselves. At first, it got to me, with their questioning and stupid taunts and everything, but soon I realised that maybe they were jealous and again, ignorant, and being mixed raced and not poor isnt anything for me to be ashamed of. Over time, I began to feel sorry for them. But my brother got quite upset about it, he's only little and everything. I actually surprised myself by actually going up to three kids a bit older than me and asking what their problem was. Their look was priceless - though one of them smirked a bit, the others actually just gave me blank looks and were like, "nothing..."
But they started to question me, and they're not the kindest looking of kids, so my brother got scared and they laughed at him. But there are some Aisian guys on my road who I had started to hang out with, and in the end we did shut all the bullies up. Of course, we still get stared at and everything.
But you just have to keep at it, make them fear you, and you have to realise that though they act really, really horrible they are hurting somewhere too, deep inside. And also, it won't last forever.
And I'm sorry to Kaya, and anyone who has gotten bullied or is getting bullied... I feel your pain.

message 5: by MOVED - CHECK BIO (last edited Feb 25, 2012 04:43PM) (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) I have been bullied, but now I am stronger. The bully was bullying me for what I thought was an attention problem. My friend hid behind her and left me to dry. I got hurt, lost my friends, and hated school. I LOVE school, so people could tell it was a problem.
I stood up to her. The principle got involved, saying this was a game. I yelled at him.

I hung out with boys, playing basketball and football. I got friends who stuck up for me.
I noticed that my friends were never real until I got a real one. She was nice, stuck up for me, helped me out, I think she once cussed at the bully. My friends told me that the bully and my ex-BFF were spreading false rumors about me. I took care of it, but that bully is going to have some problems in her life.

I have never been a bully, more of a protector.

I just told a lot, so please don't bring this story up again.

Stand up. Stand for friends. Stand against bullies.

~Izzy99, victim

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) I agree with those. Bullying makes ou stronger mentally and physically

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I think that without bad experiences, our lives would be ... Incomplete?

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Yeah, all lives aren't perfect. People have to go through thing that make them physically stronger. Bullying counts, even though it isn't the best way.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) I agree with that Proverb. Life can't be all happy doings without it being,well, a dessert.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) K, I just use capitals a lot. XD

message 11: by MOVED - CHECK BIO (last edited Feb 28, 2012 04:50PM) (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) I agree. But the bully who bullied me was NOT a nice person. *whispers* People have scars from her.....Youch!

message 12: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug | 44 comments I HATE BULLYING SO SOSOSOSOSOSOSOS MUCH AND IT NEARLY KILLED ME AND NEARLY KILLED OTHER PEOPLE TOO
DON'T BULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) AGREED!

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 02, 2012 10:53PM) (new)

So many people think that it barely affects anyone, just because it's just one small word. But really, it can change people entirely.

Bullying is horrible. I think that's an obvious fact. It hurts you a lot, and causes pain. It hurts even more when one of your close friends betrays you just to be under the spotlight and hang with "popular" kids for ten minutes. It hurt when I had to learn through other friends that she spreaded rumors about me, and how much of a SKANK I was when, funny thing is, I've never had a boyfriend. Ever. And ironic is it not, that this so-called "friend" has dated so many guys she can't remember. I'm not bullying her right now or anything, she admitted this to me.

It felt like a knife was being plunged into my gut when I confronted her about it and she lied straight to my face, saying, "I wouldn't EVERRRRRR do that to my BFF in the entire world." I didn't believe her for one second.

Now it's been 2 years, and she's realized her mistakes but knows I'll never forgive her. No wonder, when I heard what she had been calling me, I cried for weeks. (Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit it.) I'm a stronger and better person without her now, and I'm now helping to stop bullying.

And you know what?

You should too, if you're not already.

~*Ally*~

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah That must have been bad :( But I agree with everything you said.

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) OH my gosh! I just remebered this bully quote I need to look it up.. I'll be right back..

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) Here we go. This really speaks to me..

Dear bullies, See that boy you made fun of for reading a book?Last night his bestfreind committed suicide.See the girl you called fat? She's starving herself.See the old man you just made fun of cause of the ugly scars?He fought for our country.See that young boy you made fun of for crying?Post this if you're against bullying.I bet 95% of you won't. this really speaks to me. Makes me happy. XD

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I've seen a lot of them, with different examples.

message 19: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Ally wrote: "So many people think that it barely affects anyone, just because it's just one small word. But really, it can change people entirely.

Bullying is horrible. I think that's an obvious fact. It hurt..."

This is so true.

message 21: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Ali wrote: "Here we go. This really speaks to me..

Dear bullies, See that boy you made fun of for reading a book?Last night his bestfreind committed suicide.See the girl you called fat? She's starving herse..."

I love this! So sad, but really an eye-opener!

message 22: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Dear bullies, See that boy you made fun of for reading a book?Last night his bestfreind committed suicide.See the girl you called fat? She's starving herself.See the old man you just made fun of cause of the ugly scars?He fought for our country.See that young boy you made fun of for crying?Post this if you're against bullying.I bet 95% of you won't. this really speaks to me. Makes me happy. XD

message 23: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtney21297) | 53 comments im gonna post this on Facebook.Everyone should.
END BULLYING NOW peace 2012!!!

message 24: by Grouphug (last edited Mar 08, 2012 11:32AM) (new)

Grouphug | 44 comments i nearly killed myself cause of bullying
i still get scared off anybody i meet, afraid to trust
why can't we live in peace?
can i share with you a poem I wrote about bullying?

message 25: by Maya (new)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 5 comments Graham stay strong

message 26: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Been bullied(six years), too long a story for right now, you can ask me for details whenever you feel like it, I don't mind:D