Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Bella Swan = Whiny & Pathetic

Comments Showing 1-50 of 831 (831 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Annabel ♥ who thought she was whiny & pathetic? I DID

message 2: by george ☽ (last edited Feb 25, 2012 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

george ☽ No, I didn't. I actually liked Bella. I mean, place me in a town with vampires, and until I trusted them completely I'd stay the hell away from them. She didn't. She actaully got to know one of them preeeety well *raise eyebrows*

Annabel ♥ lol. Maybe. I still think she's annoying! I like the book though. I'm reading it now... Idk Maybe she gets better as she goes on through the books. Ive heard she gets worse, but I'll just have to see for myself.

message 4: by george ☽ (last edited Feb 25, 2012 12:52PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

george ☽ Anne wrote: "lol. Maybe. I still think she's annoying! I like the book though. I'm reading it now... Idk Maybe she gets better as she goes on through the books. Ive heard she gets worse, but I'll just have to s..."

yeah, i guess, SOMETIMES, I mightve thought that Bella could have handled a situation better... but I think she's pretty brave, especially in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. In New Moon, she COULD be described as whiny and pathetic :)

Annabel ♥ haha Ok. Mental note :)

george ☽ lol :)

Jaclyn Lore - Edwards I thought that she complained a lot and didnt appreciate anything. The minute her boy friend left to try and help her, she acted like the world was about to end and blah blah blah. Honestly, I dont know how some girls can look up to her.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

U r soooo right Anne!

Ginger Whiny and pathetic! Very succinctly put!

Twilight

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

yes.

message 11: by Jo (new) - rated it 1 star

Jo YES. I can't believe she gets involves with vampires and whines about the consequences. She bought them.

Kirby you know, she does whine about her "bad luck" an awful lot, but I actually empathized with that.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Kirby wrote: "you know, she does whine about her "bad luck" an awful lot, but I actually empathized with that."

mm hm

Natty I thought she was over ex-saturated in the movie cause dnt get me wrong I love the movies but they made her look like she had a twitching problem and that she had a stuttering problem cause she would pause alot before she would continue the conversation

Ashley I didnt like her that much. She is very annoying at times. I wish all the books were written from edwards point of view!

Grace B I didn't like her she is kind of pathetic and one minute she is completely in love with Edward and would die without him and the next she is kissing Jacob.
I mean seriously make up your mind

BubblesTheMonkey Once I read Twilight for like the thousandth time, I kind of thought she was whiny...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

After the second read I thought so too. She should stop messing up her mind about stupid things ...

message 19: by Valerie (last edited Feb 26, 2012 02:29PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Valerie It's been about 3 years since of read it, but I don't really remember her being whiny, only a little weak.

KaDee I thought she was. She was also kinda manipulating. But, despite it all, I still liked the book.=) (I'm not meaning to offend anyone)

lalakary its been 4 years since i read the series...i only think she could have been for outgoing and not so awkward at times

message 22: by Teresa (last edited Feb 26, 2012 05:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teresa Grace wrote: "I didn't like her she is kind of pathetic and one minute she is completely in love with Edward and would die without him and the next she is kissing Jacob.
I mean seriously make up your mind"

I agree about the part about Bella kissing Jacob. That was SO LOW. I mean, she LOVES Edward, right? She seriously needs to make up her mind.
Of course, I'm not a Jacob fan, either. This "Big Hoopla" people make over Jacob. Please. It makes me want to hurl. "Jacob is so cute". I don't think so. I have a thing about Vampire Movies. Vampires have gotten "way hotter" this day and time. Way back when they weren't so hot or even the least bit attractive. Now a days, yes.
My point is this: I'd rather be in a room with a room full of Vampires instead of a room full of snarling, growling, slobbery werewolves. Go figure.
Another words, I'd rather have a Vampire bite or so than Rabies.

Mikaela when i first saw the topics name i read bella swan= white and pathetic. i was :O racist. lol. but bella is a little whiny, but not pathetic

Mikaela Teresa wrote: "Grace wrote: "I didn't like her she is kind of pathetic and one minute she is completely in love with Edward and would die without him and the next she is kissing Jacob.
I mean seriously make up y..."

lol ' vampire bite or so than rabies'

Shalom Tse Sometimes, Bella is hopeless, stupid and annoying but she's brave.

Taylor I agree. Bella is utterly pathetic. It basically shows girls that they need a man in their lives to make them happy. I understand that she was sad when he left, but going kinda catatonic is not a good message. I've been dumped and I've dumped people. I'm sad then I move on which is the way it should go. For two she uses Jacob and all of her other little friends in high school. She even tells Jacob "I don't want you to stop trying but only because I don't want you to leave." Or something like that. Do you know how incredibly selfish that is? I would have never dragged someone else down with me in a spiral depression. And Jacob was an idiot for letting her use him like that. I agreed with Jessica...she abandons them to hang out with her boyfriend then pops up again when he's gone? That's not actually being a friend. If you've ever read my life it twilight (which I have in a laughing capacity) It's completely moronic. I've read ones where girls broke up with their boyfriends because he wasn't Edward, who was a complete manic depressive case. Their relationship is unhealthy. She's selfish by making him stay behind in the battle, making him choose her over helping his family. SHe doesn't care who she hurts as long as she gets the end result: Gayward. Sorry, that was my rant. I understand if opinions differ from mine, but she makes me so angry. If you love someone, you want what's best for them, even if that doesn't include you. Ex. Jacob.

message 27: by Julie (new) - rated it 1 star

Julie twilight sucks

Tracy Taylor wrote: "I agree. Bella is utterly pathetic. It basically shows girls that they need a man in their lives to make them happy. I understand that she was sad when he left, but going kinda catatonic is not a g..."

Completely agree with you Taylor. I think she is whiny and annoying and don't think her "relationships" are healthy in the way that someone would want their daughter to look up to them. She is obsessive in her relationship with Edward. Makes me think of a creepy controlling guy I used to know who became obsessed with me and threatened to kill my pet rat if I didn't go out with him. If I were in a relationship with someone who acted like her I'd be looking for a restraining order....

message 29: by Selma (new) - added it

Selma E I thought it was horrible how in the firstbook she started flirting with Jacob just because she needed info and then let him just stay in love with her. and just STAY with one of them. when edward left she chose jacob and then got right back with edward. DON'T JUST LET BOTH OF THEM BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!! she really should have stuck with one AT THE BEGINNING!!!!! then she kept complaining how they are both perfect? UGHH!! she definately was whiny and complainy...

Pixie thank you! I have some friends that are twihards and it drives me crazy

Nichole Maybe it's just me, but the last time I was in high school (and middle school) and payed attention to teenage girls, they were WHINY and ANNOYING too. And much more so about guys.

In my opinion, Bella was way more lax about it all than the typical teenage female. In fact, her high school friends in the story were way more annoying than her.

Madii lawl. in watched the movie before i read the books and in the movie bella, has like, no personality!-in my opinion- but in the books, she has emotions and thoughts- well obviously cause its a book- i also think that they got the wrong people to play bella, edward and jake..... but it was okay overall ;)

message 33: by Ange (last edited Feb 29, 2012 06:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ange All the complaining I see about Bella in these blogs are issues with her indecisiveness and her mixed emotions about Edward/Jacob and her whining etc...I really did not see any of that in Bella. She was clear from the beginning that Jacob was her friend. He is two years younger than her, and that's a big difference at their ages. Her "love" for Jacob is platonic - completely different than her feelings for Edward. She admitted to Jacob that she was selfish because she couldn't have a relationship with him, but she wanted him in her life. That's very mature for a teenager. Also, the fact that she was so miserable when Edward left speaks more about the intensity of their relationship rather than about her only being happy when Edward is around. I think most females have been through every single thing she went through especially "liking" more than one person or having more than one person "like" you at a time, or talking to your friends about what you should do etc...except Bella is dealing with supernatural beings as a human. That has to be different than just dealing with normal human relationships - but this is fiction so none of us will ever know what it would be like. Michaela, what I think is interesting is all of the people who hate Twilight so much but feel the need to start discussions about it and go on and on. When I dislike something I do not intentionally go out of my way to talk about those things or be involved in a discussion about those things. That's just me, though :) And to have such strong feelings of hatred toward a fictional character does not seem healthy. Get over it and read something else - okay, I'm finished.

Uditi The movie ruined it.

message 35: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle agreed.

Amanda Ugh. Bella is annoying, pathetic and takes every chance she can to make a reference to the weather.
Twilight: She spends her time moaning about how Edward doesn't love her
New Moon: She spends her time moaning about how she can't live without Edward
Eclipse: She spends her time moaning about Edward Vs Jacob
Breaking Dawn: She lies on the couch giving birth
Of course, this is just my opinion. I respect anyone else who thinks differently.

message 37: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle she could be kind of annoying at times

Morgan Amanda wrote: "Ugh. Bella is annoying, pathetic and takes every chance she can to make a reference to the weather.
New Moon: She spends her ..."

LOL those are my thoughts exactly and everyone thought I was crazy for not loving both the books and movies. I've refused to watch the other movies coming out because I just can't stand the character Bella. Just the thought of watching Kirsten get all twicthy and mumbly and complainy makes me wanna shoot myself in the foot.....

Gouri Morgan wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Ugh. Bella is annoying, pathetic and takes every chance she can to make a reference to the weather.
New Moon: ..."
i agree!

Dianne Santiago Amanda wrote: "Ugh. Bella is annoying, pathetic and takes every chance she can to make a reference to the weather.
New Moon: She spends her ..."

Agreed!! I didn't like those books at all! I read them and all I could remember was the the girl who annoyingly pines over a stalker vampire. I really can't understand why so many teenagers are so obsessed.

Wendy Totally whiny and pathetic. She totally relies on Edward to define and fulfill her. I don't think the character could survive without a boyfriend...

Mickey Wendy wrote: "Totally whiny and pathetic. She totally relies on Edward to define and fulfill her. I don't think the character could survive without a boyfriend..."

I have to disagree with this. Bella isn't shown as being boy-crazy or one of those women who can't function outside of being in a relationship. She didn't have her first boyfriend or her first kiss until she was seventeen.

When she had the chance to get involved with Jacob after Edward left, she didn't. She considered it, but she did not jump in. Someone who needs a man would've moved on much, much faster.

I don't think that Edward ever 'defined' her. She never internalized his concept of her or seem to try to change in order to please him. On the contrary, she was pretty adamant about getting what she wanted, despite his ideas or wants, even when it led to conflict between them.

message 43: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle She is. Look at Kate Middleton. When she and William broke up, she got back on her feet though it cost her and she was hell sad. Look at her now.She is royalty. Her decision to be strong and continue obviously showed William she can stand on her own, and most men love that quality in women. But what Bella does is so pathetic, it made me almost stop reading. She sinks into this void depression, and that's not the message teenage girls need these days.

Wendy Mickey wrote: "Wendy wrote: "Totally whiny and pathetic. She totally relies on Edward to define and fulfill her. I don't think the character could survive without a boyfriend..."

I have to disagree with this. ..."

Did you read New Moon? She was only happy, kind of, when she had Jacob. She engaged in risky behavior, maybe even subconsciously contemplating suicide when she jumped off the cliffs just so she could summon Edward's image. Don't you think that if she was so self-confident that she may have been a little pissed when Edward just up and leaves with no explanation? Ya, she's a doormat. And just because she doesn't kiss Jacob doesn't mean that she isn't totally reliant on him to bring her out of her love sick stupor. I'm just sayin'.

Just because I don't like Bella's character, doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the series. It's a beautiful love story with flawed characters. Maybe that's why I reread it a few times.

Nichole Ya know, from my observations, a lot of women that lose the love of their life act and feel similar to Bella. So, when I sit here and read all these posts that she's pathetic, it's quite ironic because most of you have or will go through something similar at some point in your lives. So yes, it IS pathetic, but it's a pretty common reaction to losing love. And there are men that go through the same thing.

I think the point here is that when many of you make the statement, you are judging her as being a stupid person and that YOU are above her. When in reality, the discussion really shouldn't be getting THAT deep because it's making you look pathetic.

Just my opinion.

message 46: by Ange (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ange Nichole wrote: "Ya know, from my observations, a lot of women that lose the love of their life act and feel similar to Bella. So, when I sit here and read all these posts that she's pathetic, it's quite ironic bec..."

That's exactly right. Every female that I know has been in Bella's position at one point or another. And it usually helps to have a good friend to lean on - Bella chooses Jacob - and I think she is pretty clear about her feelings for him over and over. She does not depend on a "boyfriend" in the traditional sense of the word. She depends on her friend, who happens to be a guy. And like Nichole said, "the discussion shouldn't be getting that deep" - I happen to think it's "pathetic" that SO MANY girls have started discussions just to "whine" about how whiny and pathetic Bella is.

message 47: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma Mecham I couldn't even get through book #1 of Twilight bella was so whiny! hated the constant details that NO-ONE CARES ABOUT! waste of my time and waste of trees!

message 48: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Nichole wrote: "Ya know, from my observations, a lot of women that lose the love of their life act and feel similar to Bella. So, when I sit here and read all these posts that she's pathetic, it's quite ironic bec..."

Nicole, I've gone through it, ok? It hurt, yes, and I cried a lot, but the thing is, you can't go on with this attitude forever. Bella sinks in for like 3 months. How strong you are depends on how well you handle a situation. If you stay in that same sinking position, how are you going to get out? At some point, you need to get back up again. In a break-up, the key is to stand up quickly. EVERYONE (no one is spared) suffers from break-ups and loss. But Bella's attitude, throughout the whole series, is pathetic. It's only during the fourth book that she starts to take shape.

message 49: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma Mecham Ashley wrote: "I didnt like her that much. She is very annoying at times. I wish all the books were written from edwards point of view!"
totally agree wth you ashley! he wouldn't be nearly as whiny as bella!

message 50: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Zaid-Kunz A LIE

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17