Ashwick Valley RP discussion

Town Center > Bon Apetit

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) A small french restaurant in the center of town. It is semi-formal and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

message 2: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren thought Screw it... as he remembered that this restaurant was semi formal. Maybe he'll talk in a English accent. That was formal. But maybe the fact that this restaurant was French wasn't such a good idea.

Nevertheless, he brought Clare to Bon Apetit. "I kinda forgot it was a little formal. Oh well.

message 3: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "It's alright," Clare said. "We look fine. It's not like we just walked in off the streets." She stepped forward and opened the door. "It smells delicous in here," she said happily.

message 4: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "In all technicality, we kinda just did. And if you think I smells delicious, it looks and tastes that way too," Darren said. His mouth was watering.

message 5: by Adena (last edited Mar 10, 2012 12:05PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare rolled her eyes at him. "I meant," she said, looking pointedly at him. "That we don't look like bums." She looked around the restaurant and spotted an empty table. "Let's sit over here," she said, walking towards it.

message 6: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren smiled innocently at her and followed her to table. He hoped his parents didn't show up. He couldn't help but wonder what they would say to him when they found out he hung out with a tainted.

message 7: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare sat down and picked up a menu. She noticed how quiet Darren was and looked over the top of her menu at him. "What's wrong?" she asked.

message 8: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Oh, nothing," Darren said, busing himself with the menu even though he knew what he was going to get. He looked at the drinks to see what they had. Maybe instead of a soda he'll get something else.

message 9: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare watched him carefully, not believing that nothing was wrong. She set down her menu, having decided that she was getting the pasta alfredo and iced tea. "Darren, what's wrong?" she asked again.

message 10: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren put his menu down and looked at her for a while. He said, "I have to figure out a way to make sure my parents don't know I'm hanging out with you." He knew they didn't like the tainted, so what would they do when they found out about Clare?

message 11: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Oh," Clare said, a little surprised. She hadn't been expecting that. "Well, we can figure that out," she said. Clare paused for a moment. "Um, you don't mind hanging out with me do you?" she asked hesitantly.

message 12: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren shook his head. "I assure you that I don't mind. I'm just... afraid. All these views on the tainted is from my parents and I'm not sure what they would do to me if they found out that I'm starting to disagree. I like to think that they won't mind, but I don't know."

message 13: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare hadn't really considered the fact that Darren's parents wouldn't agree with him being friends with a tainted. She didn't know what it was like to have parents who didn't support who, or what, she was. "I'm sorry about your situation," she said gently. "It seems like the best thing to do right now is to just keep this between us."

message 14: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren nodded. "I suppose. How many people know about you?" That didn't make him feel any better. His mother was a journalist and knew how to find things out.

message 15: by Adena (last edited Mar 10, 2012 01:10PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Um, I'm not sure," Clare said, frowning. "A few old childhood friends. I haven't really talked to many people since I got back to Ashwick Valley." She stopped talking when the waitress came over to take their orders.

message 16: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren ordered that he wanted chicken parmesan. He had chosen a soda- coke- after all. He gave the waitress his menu and looked at Clare as she ordered.

message 17: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare ordered and handed her menu to the waitress. "So," she said, continuing thier earlier conversation. "Not many people know about me because my family wasn't living here when I got sick."

message 18: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Do you mind if we keep it like that?" Darren asked. He hated having to do this to her. They were quickly becoming friends and it was stupid that he had to hide her from his parents.

message 19: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare shrugged. "I don't mind, I'm used to it by now. And I don't want you to feel bad about it. I can't imagine what it's like to have grown up thinking one way, and then have someone suddenly change all of that."

message 20: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "It's easier said then done." You don't have to worry about it when they eventually find out. Darren thought to himself. He shrugged.

message 21: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "I'm sure I'd probably just vause more trouble, but if you think of any way that I can help, just let me know," she said, wishing she had more to offer. She thanked the waitress as she brought them their meals.

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ ((Geez, you guys are posting everywhere!))

message 23: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((^^))

Darren was excited when the waitress brought out the food and took a bite before he said, "Okay. I will do that if the need arises." He probably wasn't going to tell her if he thought of something.

message 24: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Haha yup! A day out on the town!))

Clare raised her eyebrows at the pasta on her plate. "Wow, this looks amazing. I almost don't want to eat it... Actually, I take that back," she said, picking up her fork.

message 25: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "I was going to say... You and I were about to have an issue." He got his chicken and started eating.

message 26: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare smiled and ate a mouthful of pasta. "Mmm, could this place get any better?" she said, sipping her iced tea. She looked around the restaurant, but her eyes always ended up resting on Darren.

message 27: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Yes! Yes they can! We should order dessert," Darren grinned excited. We'll probably ended up exploding because we're so full. He waggled his eyebrows, "What do you say?"

message 28: by Adena (last edited Mar 10, 2012 08:17PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare couldn't help laughing at his expression. He looked like a puppy who had just gotten a new toy. "I suppose dessert wouldn't hurt," she said calmly, finishing her pasta. "I mean, if you really want it," she added sarcastically.

message 29: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren put his elbow on the table, then his cheek on his hand. "Just ruin everything why don't you." He smiled to let her know he was joking.

message 30: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare grinned at him and got the waitress's attention. "My friend here has a bit of a sweet tooth and simply insisted that he would die without getting his dessert. The only problem is that we can seem to decide what to get. He," she said, glancing sideways at Darren, "told me that someone as pretty as you must know exactly which dessert is the best." The waitress looked from Darren to Clare, then back again. Blushing slightly, she pointed out a few desserts to Darren. Clare watched, trying to keep a straight face. "You said you really wanted dessert," she mouthed to him.

message 31: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren turned red and covered his face. "I hate you," he muttered. He took a deep breath and turned to the waitress and said, "I'm sorry, my friend is playing a trick on me. I didn't say that... Not that you aren't pretty. Thanks anyway..."

message 32: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) The waitress smiled knowingly and turned to Clare. "It's nice to see you're back in town. Just let me know when you're ready for dessert," she said, winking at Darren.

Clare nodded. "Thanks for playing along," she said as the girl walked away. She looked at Darren. "Uh, do remember those old childhood friends I was talking about..." she said, bracing herself for his reaction to her little joke.

message 33: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren rubbed his head. "I still don't appreciate you doing that. And you're buying me strawberry shortcake, by the way." Then he was going to go home. He wanted to play with his guinea pig.

message 34: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare smiled at him, glad he wasn't angry, and ordered two slices of strawberry shortcake. She took a bite of hers and nodded her head. "You were definitely right about the dessert," she told him.

message 35: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren gave her a smug look, "I know." He smiled, "Anyway, do you want to split the check?" He ate some more of his yummy strawberry shortcake. He closed his eyes, it was so good.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

((Adena, approve Peter? :) ))

message 37: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Splitting the check sounds good," Clare said, reaching for her bag, which had her wallet in it. She finished her shortcake and watched Darren eat his. "I've never seen anyone enjoy dessert so much," she said with a kind smile.

message 38: by Adena (last edited Mar 10, 2012 09:09PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) The Face of Boe wrote: "((Adena, approve Peter? :) ))"

((one sec :) and I love your name :P ))

message 39: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren raised his eyebrows. "You don't understand. My parents are health freaks. No cake, no ice cream, no chips, no nothing. This is the only time I have fun with eating."

message 40: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare's eyes widened. "What? That's crazy. You poor, poor boy," she said sympathetically. "You eat as much cake as you want," she said, patting his arm.

message 41: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren smiled, "Nah, it's okay. I'm actually thankful for it. My blood vessels aren't clotted and I don't have unnecessary fat. No heart disease for me."

message 42: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Well I, for one, am very happy that your heart is healthy. I don't want you keeling over on me," Clare told him. She asked for the bill and placed half of the money on top of it.

message 43: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "That would be unpleasant," Darren said as he added his share of the price on the bill. The waitress came by and picked it up and they were free to go. He put a tip on the table and got up.

message 44: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare got up and followed him out of the restaurant. Once they were outside, she stopped and turned to face him. "Today was great, much better than just a doctor's appointment," she said. "I had a lot of fun."

message 45: by Killer Queen (last edited Mar 10, 2012 10:43PM) (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Darren smiled and looked at her. "I did too. We should meet up again sometime. I can bring Mr. Fluffers along. I'm sure she'll like to see you again."

message 46: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "You really should rename your guinea pig, she's going to have an identity crisis," Clare replied, smiling brightly. "So, uh, I guess I'll see you later," she said a little awkwardly. She wondered what he would do if she hugged him, but she didn't want to overstep any boundaries.

message 47: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "But Ms. Fluffers doesn't flow. At all," he whined. "And yeah, see you later." Darren said goodbye and walked away. He liked this girl. It was hard knowing she was tainted, but he liked her.

message 48: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Clare said goodbye and watched him walk away before turning and heading home. She couldn't help thinking about him and was glad they were getting closer, slowly but surely.