Addicted to YA discussion

Heroes > Jem Carstairs (The Infernal Devices)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
Share your thoughts about Jem

message 2: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Even though I like Will much better than Jem I still like Jem a lot, and I rarely like both guys so much in love triangles. Jem is soo sweet to Tessa and he is kind and nice and a lot of things that seem more appealing than Will's sarcasm and snide remarks (but that's what i love him for). I think Jem is great but I like will SO Much better.

message 3: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments I am like Anne I rarely have problems picking a favorite in a love triangle but these time I did.Jem is just a kind gentle sweet person and impossiable to dislike.I am Team Will but dang it was hard to pick.

message 4: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Agree 100%!

message 5: by Jezza (new)

Jezza (jezzaaawr) Me too! This one has a great love triangle, but since the first chapter I already know who I will choose! and it's Jem! He's really different compared to Will.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 113 comments Same! Even though i'm team Will, i still love Jem :)

Dreamerforever2679 | 13 comments I love Jem! He's so sweet and funny and talented and I really don't want him to die. I don't want him to end up with Tessa because I ship Will/Tessa but I don't want his heart to be broken either. Ugh.

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments I actually support Tessa/Jem...

message 9: by An (new)

An He is such a gentleman, what a girl would want. THat's why I like him!

Maureen(with an unquenchable thirst for books) (monnw) ♥ Annabel wrote: "Even though I like Will much better than Jem I still like Jem a lot, and I rarely like both guys so much in love triangles. Jem is soo sweet to Tessa and he is kind and nice and a lot of things tha..."

i agree and although Will can be annoying at times, i want them to end up together

message 11: by Daria (new)

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) I really like Jem, he's soooooooooooooo sweet!!!!!

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie (julieflores) | 8 comments Jem is the best!! I don't know boy Will is so annonying(?), but I still prefer him than Jace. I know that the fandom supports much more Will than Jem, especially in the Love triangle, but his personality is so cute, is a sexy english gentleman :D Is out of ordinary. In my opinion is to much for Tessa, I don't want that he ends hurt. The best of Jem is that makes Will a better person!

message 13: by Flora (Ludacris) (new)

Flora (Ludacris) (shipitlikefedex) Jem and Will's bromance and parabatai-ship is what I love best. *croons* Yeah...

message 14: by Kirstyn (new)

Kirstyn | 32 comments I like Jem's openness and kindness to everyone but I also love how he doesn't let his love stop him from telling someone when they're wrong.

message 15: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Capulet  (mjcapulet) | 195 comments Jem is different from Clare's usual heroes. He's kindhearted, sweet and a good parabatai. He doesn't let his illness stop him from being a Shadowhunter. I don't want him to die. Srsly. If he dies, I die too. He's too good to deserve such cruel fate. I love him too much.

message 16: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (bibliobarista) | 9 comments I didn't really start to like Jem till the second half of Clockwork Prince... I didn't not like him, I just was in love with Will. Then by the time i was a few pages into Clockwork Princess I realized I was I love with Jem. He's just so loyal and caring and brave.

message 17: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (tralo29) | 35 comments Hem is the "nice guy" he's great and can offer Tessa so much in a relationship. but Will gives her passion. passion wins out almost always. I love both characters, The one thing has going against him is he's dying. that being a problem for him more than Tessa, she's accepts this.

message 18: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 60 comments I love Jem. I love will as well but I absolutely adore Jem (he is probs one of my fav fictional characters ever) He is so sweet and loyal and kind. It was really interesting to read about the way he took his death. Loosely quoted, he was prepared to take it peacefully, not happily though. Something like that. I love his relationship with Will, it is so amazing. He is different from a lot of characters we see in YA these days, that's why i like him

message 19: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Gavilan (oliviagavilan) | 42 comments I love Jem. I liked Jem immediately, before we even realize he likes Tessa. And then he does it properly, courting her, so gentlemanly, I love that, it doesn't happen often. Will is an incredible character but an extremely irritating person. Jem is so real and normal and if I had to be a 'team' I'd probably be 'team Jem' because he is better for her. I am interested to see the 'new Will' in the third book after his revelations at the end of the second.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Jem is such a nice person and sweet. I can't dislike him, so I love Will and Jem :-)

message 21: by Stormy (new)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I love Jem! He is so sweet and loyal. I really like his relationship with Will and his relationship with Tessa. Even though I feel like Tessa will go for Will, I wouldn't mind if she chose Jem!

message 22: by Beata (new)

Beata (beatae) I honestly could never choose between Will and Jem. I love them both so much, they both feel so real, and Jem is unlike most love interests in YA books.

message 23: by Dana (new)

Dana I couldn't decide. I truly loved them both equally!

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 442 comments i love jem.

message 25: by Faery (new)

Faery (1234ideclareathumbwar) | 465 comments ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

message 26: by Noor (last edited Jun 23, 2014 12:07PM) (new)

Noor Al lawati | 69 comments I really love Jem and as was said before I rarely love both so this love triangle was a wow .. yet for me it's Will *.* .. yet the way Jem supports Will and believes in him is so sweet and makes you love him sooo much .. I was happy yet sad that he found his true love, but it was the love that is tearing Will's heart !! I was going crazy .. happy when Jem is with Tessa, yet hurting for Will's pain !!
When I read about his illness and he's dying .. that was a blow O.O .. he is sooo kind, gentle and sweet .. he doesn't deserve it ='[
It's kinda fair that he gets his chance in the end ..

*sigh* I LOVE Will & Tess & Jem .. the best triangle ever

message 27: by Mahjabin (new)

Mahjabin Meem Jem Jem Jem all the way! he is so sweeeettttt and his love for both Will and Tessa is adorable. I admire Jem so much. I like Will also, but Jem and Tessa make one of the best couples of literary world and Jem is my most favourite hero of all time.

message 28: by Anum (new)

Anum | 43 comments i really love Jem !!

message 29: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Lopez | 18 comments I'm married to Will, but damn Jem is sooo freaking amazing, he is so humble, kind, loving and caring that he just melt my heart! I love him and they way he loves Tessa and Will and cares for them is just beautiful!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I loved Jem. I thought he was a great character, and would totally pick him over Will. He is kind, thoughtful, quiet, and intelligent.

message 31: by J (new)

J I mean, is there anyone out there who actually DISLIKES Jem? It's kind of impossible.

message 32: by Gia (new)

Gia ^haha true

message 33: by Gia (new)

Gia Jem is one of the best and amazing character! I love him. Will and Jem's friendship was also examplary. But I just didn't want him to be with Tessa. I always preferred Will and Tessa. Can't he just had been a friend of both? I know that it's all fair that both boys fairly got Tess but still...
Well I have no big prob with that as it is my favourite book series! <3

message 34: by Monagelle (new)

Monagelle Toledo (artemis143) | 40 comments description

The only fictional book character who made me cry so far

message 35: by Lina (new)

Lina | 81 comments I loved his character, Jem was a total opposite of Will, he was cute, swoon-worthy, knew how to play the violin, nice. His relationship with Will was brotherly and you could tell how much he cared about him, his relationship with Tessa was cute, i loved how he was always romantic and wrote songs about her. I loved his character and i can't wait to see more of him in the second book in Lady Midnight.

message 36: by Katrina♡•• (new)

Katrina♡•• | 491 comments Jem's a great character! He and Will had a great friendship.

daniela (daniela_nieblina) Team Jem all the way baby! I absolutely hated Will for a while, despite his oh-so-tragic emo story because I've dealt with my fair share of emo boys that rip my heart strings but left me a mess. Jem is everything I want in a man (minus the illness, of course) and I loved him from the very first book. The minute he went back to kiss Tessa's hand I was ecstatic because that meant I would have more of him.
To be suffering so much but still be kind, to still fight every day not only his own battles but other people's demons as well....
I've learned to care for Will, but I still never supported their relationship. It seemed to be built too much on "passion" and self destruction. I prefer relationships built on mutual friendship and trust, on smiles and laughter.

message 38: by Carla (new)

Carla Reighard | 19 comments I liked Jem, but I must be warped because I kept rooting for Will to win even when he was obnoxious. Why do girls like bad boys?

I listened to the series on Audible and the narrator changed for each book. The voice used for Jem in the first and third book was good, but the second book turned me off a little. I prefer a series to keep the same narrator.

(Spoiler - somewhat) I didn't want Jem to die, and I found myself overly upset about the potential of this. It could be because of my own personal loss in 2017, but I do not like main characters' set up to die. I'm afraid to say too much, but I ended up accepting the author's direction she took Jem's story and was happy it wasn't what I had originally thought it was going to be. I ranted about it before getting to the end of the book on Instagram.

message 39: by katherine (new)

katherine (anonymous_penguin) | 72 comments Can I just say James Carstairs I love you and I'm sorry but I kinda ship Wessa more. I love Will obviously but I'd rather he be with Tessa and if I had to pick a fictional boyfriend between Will and Jem I'd pick Jem.

message 40: by Amna (new)

Amna Alvi (amnaaalvi) | 2 comments ahhhh I love how all the comments are like I love jem but im team will but like same girl

message 41: by Christy (new)

Christy T | 5 comments Hi Everyone,

We love Jem and Will and included them in our Book Boyfriend Battle. We currently have a twitter poll for Will vs Jem.

We would love to get votes from the YA book community.

https://twitter.com/imallbookedupYA/s...

message 42: by Kim (new)

Kim | 85 comments You cant love Jem without loving Will and vice versa. they are each side of a coin and are only whole when they are together.
so i dont think there should be a will vs jem, because they couldnt want that. I mean will would vote Jem and tell he voted for himself and Jem would vote Will and tell everyone how awesome hiw parabatai is xDD

message 43: by Zara (new)

Zara (zara124) | 245 comments I so agree with you! Can't choose between them.

message 44: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Tallman (tjtallman21) | 10 comments Its hard to choose between them too

message 45: by Ellida (new)

Ellida Munch jem is like a little angel
i recently finished clockwork prince, and i am scared for the last book. I have a feeling she'll choose Will, but I just can't decide which one is better. This is one of those triangles that arent annoying, the characters all care about each other and never hurt each other just because of this new person that they're both in love with.

message 46: by Brookworm (new)

Brookworm Ellida wrote: "jem is like a little angel
i recently finished clockwork prince, and i am scared for the last book. I have a feeling she'll choose Will, but I just can't decide which one is better. This is one of ..."

Don't be scared!

message 47: by Jean (new)

Jean | 12 comments I like Will a lot but I was so happy when Jem and Tessa got to be together again. Love you forever Jem!!!!

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Mirzayee&#x1f1e6;&#x1f1eb; (sarahmirzayee) | -3 comments At first I wasn’t too sure about Will and now I’m completely in love with him. But Jem. I have loved Jem since the beginning. He is just so sweet and considerate and he is everything I wish all the guys at my school . I once even wrote a letter that was dedicated to him so yes Jem will forever hold a special place in my heart.

message 49: by Adele (new)

Adele (adeleybooks) | 6 comments When I read Clockwork angel, I was rooting for Will/Tessa. But then I read the second book and my feelings started changing and I started shipping Jem/Tessa. Then I read Clockwork Princess (my fav in the series) and I just couldn't decide. It came to a point where I honestly wouldn't mind if they all got together but that wouldn't be possible. Oh well, it was the best love triangle I have ever read about. But even though Will is my favourite and will always be my favourite, I still love Jem so much. I just love this series ahhhhh

message 50: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 285 comments Jem is one of my favorite characters! Sophie is another one of my favorite characters, though I know that’s an unpopular opinion. I love her and Gideon together. That was off topic.

« previous 1