Addicted to YA discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
Heroes > Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 26, 2012 05:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5211 comments Mod
Share your thoughts about Peeta.
Read at your own risk! There are spoilers here for people who haven't read the ENTIRE series!

Beth (beth_jones8) well i was having a discussion the other day with a friend about the perfect guy and i said he needs to be sweet and sensitive, but strong and willing to fight for things that are important and what he believes in. he needs to be able to kick ass but take pleasure in the little things. And he needs to be able to cook cause i'm hopeless. Later i realised that i had pretty much said that i would not marry anyone unless they were peeta mellark. Sufficed to say that i think he's pretty fine.

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Feb 26, 2012 06:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5211 comments Mod
I agree 100%! Peeta is the sweetest book character I've ever read about

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Peeta is the best hero ever

Emily Eastman | 12 comments Peeta all the way! I can't believe people are team Gale!

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments IKR Emily!

Jennifer (AllTheRaeje) It seems unanimous that we adore Peeta! I was hooked on him from the beginning. He is everything you want a hero to be. He's intelligent, loyal, honest, loving, kind, honest, brave, and true.

message 8: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Peeta basically has no flaws.

Marisol | 18 comments Peeta is a heroes well kind of he helped Katniss in the first hunger games book.

message 10: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz (lookingstrongjohn) | 909 comments I.LOVE.PEETA
haha :) idk, he pretty much had me when he said he loved her in front of every one and how she took care of him in the cave ^^
usually i never really go for 'the other guy' in books where theres two boys, but (not going against him! - i havnt read the other 2 books) im not that into gale... sorry! haha im sure ill probably be saying differently after the 3rd book, but i think peetas so genuine :)
i cant WAIT for the movie!

message 11: by Samira (new) - added it

Samira | 7 comments @marisol"Peeta is a heroes well kind of he helped Katniss in the first hunger games book"

peeta is not the hero in the hunger games katniss is and she is the helper not the othr way around

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Omg Peeta looks soooooo amazing in the movie

Zohal ooh. I love Peeta, he is my favourite character in the series

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Mine too!!! :)

message 15: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Evelyn Grey wrote: "Liz
I.LOVE.PEETA
haha :) idk, he pretty much had me when he said he loved her in front of every one and how she took care of him in the cave ^^
usually i never really go for 'the other guy' in book..."

Yeah I was annoyed at Glae at the end of number 3 for leaving Katniss :(

Jennifer (AllTheRaeje) @Samira, Peeta did help Katniss though. He helped her in the arena, he helped with Haymitch's plan. He helped a lot. His ways of helping were more subtle and Katniss didn't get that he was helping her, but he was. In book two he was determined that she would make it out alive and was more than willing, adamant even, to give his life for hers. I'm not really sure how that doesn't qualify as help.

message 17: by Lia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lia (noitscornellia) | 2 comments I love Peeta so much! Though I didn't like one part when he said on the cave scene in the book about not being worried because Katniss is there to protect him. I just saw it as a downside,that he'd feel fine that the girl of his dreams would be the one protecting him against the foes.. It just didn'tfeel much like him.. Oh well, that just kinda bothered me for a while.. But he proved himself so much as a man in the next two books.. gosh, I sympathizedfor him a lot during those times when Katniss was snogging with Gale..ugh..I felt like giving Katniss a bitchslap then..
Anyway, Peeta is the most three dimensional and realistic character I've read about! He's just so lovable, I also wonder why some root for the Friendzoned Gale... xD

message 18: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna | 300 comments Erika wrote: "Share your thoughts about Peeta"

Hi Erika can you post a spoiler warning or pictures of all 3 Hunger Games books in the header! I didn't realise this was for all 3 books! Oh NOOOO! Ah well will have to read lots of books in between so I forget! :)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I love Peeta because he is so sweet and artistic and everything you'd want in a guy, but Gale was meant for Katniss. I was sad that (view spoiler)

I love both Peeta and Gale and can't seem to choose!

message 20: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Peeta is sweet and caring!, Loyal and Nice! Perfect!!!! <33

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Peeta is like the perfect guy that all girls dream they want. He is smart, kind, loyal, brave, protective, happy, gentle, and loving. Even after all the things he went through. Like seeing Katniss almost die. Survive the Hunger Games twice. Getting an artificial leg. And being poisoned by a tracker jacket that made him believe that his love was a horrible mutt secretly wanting to kill him. I love Peeta and I always will <3

Maddy | 30 comments Someday my Peeta will come<3

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments That's true for the both of us Maddy <3

Kylee hats him I think hes pretty wimpy
no offence

Jamile (jamilemsilva) | 47 comments no way!
team peeta forever!
he battles throughout the whole book in a different way then katniss and the others, not through battling and killing but through his sacrifices

<3

Helen I was never team Peeta, I wasn't really team Gale either. I think it's because I never felt that Katniss needed anyone. But saying that Peeta was there for Katniss in the times where she was pushed to the limit. I think purely because he could understand what she went through he was the best friend she could have. I was disappointed with the end though, I felt it was just written because Suzanne Collins didn't know how to end it.

message 27: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1543 comments Mod
I wasn't really team anyone but I never liked gale and peeta was so sweet <3 he and Finnick were battling it out for who would be my favorite... But then Katniss killed Finnick and the Capitol broke peeta ;(

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Helen wrote: "I was never team Peeta, I wasn't really team Gale either. I think it's because I never felt that Katniss needed anyone. But saying that Peeta was there for Katniss in the times where she was pushed..."

grrrrr! why is it that authors never know how to end a series? There are very few series where i don't want to throw the conclusion into the nearest flame!

message 29: by An (new)

An Erika wrote: "I agree 100%! Peeta is the sweetest book character I've ever read about"

Yes!

Daria (blame-the-nargles) I LOVE PEETA!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
He is my all-time favourite book character EVER!!!!!!! He is just sooo sweet and everything, I could explain everything I love about him for HOURS, really. :P I LOVE Josh Hutcherson, but at first he was absolutely NOTHING like I thought Peeta would look like, but now I've really grown to love him as Peeta!!!! He's perfect now!! Well, maybe a little bit too short ;P

Jojobean Words can't describe how much I love Peeta. He is the guy every girl should want. Sweet, Caring, Loyal, Protective and willing to do anything for the girl he loves. I loved how he never gave up on Katniss and was willing to do anything for her survival regardless of his own life. He's the perfect guy

Daria (blame-the-nargles) I just saw Epic yesterday (which has Joshie in it) and might I say, he makes a mighty fine animated character ;)

April | 557 comments @Joanne~ Bookworm Extraordinaire~ I totally agree with you!!! Peeta is just perfect and I love his character soooo much!!!! :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Peeta is a sissy. Nah, jk, jk. But I didn't think he was a hero, either. What did he do that was super heroic?

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments He's kind of a sissy at the beginning but by the end he is willing to do anything for Katniss. But Josh Hutcherson kind of ruined Peeta for me.

message 36: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Jackson | 572 comments Yeah, I think so, but he's kind of cute in the way that he'll do anything for Katniss. I think Josh has a kind of kid look that makes him adorable in a way but not really what I imagined for Peeta.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I adore Peeta! He is so caring and he makes awesome food! Josh Hutcherson kinda looked the part but to me he made Peeta come across as selfish, stalkerish, and arrogant.

Lorena (lorena_shadowhunter) Peeta is too kind, he's only good with words and for god's sake, he's a baker! A baker! Geez. Gale is much more patronizing and he knows how to hunt and I like him so much more than Peeta. I don't like helpless guys very much.

Fatima (ftmhasgf) | 28 comments But i love peeta more than gale

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I usually go for the kinder and gentler guy. The only bad ass hero I've gone for is Tobias and come on, who DOESN'T love Tobias. I loved Peeta because of how unlike all the other victors, he stayed pure. The only person he killed in the arena was Brutus, and that was out of respect to Haymitch. Gale never really appealed to me. I don't know, something was always off about him.

Lenke Kiss | 5 comments Peeta is very kind and selfless and i like that about him but i personally wish he was a bit braver and tougher :P :)

Daniela Herrera (daniela_puntoyseguido) | 104 comments Peeta<3 he is one of the kindest characters I've ever read about. I love him for being the other half of Katniss! *.* for being real<3

message 43: by Priya (last edited Jul 01, 2014 07:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Priya | 57 comments I am not on Team Peeta.
Nor am I on Team Gale.
I hate them both.
Well, I don't HATE them. Peeta's nice and all, but he never really did anything. He said he'd protect Katniss with his life, and yet, in the first book, she almost died for him. And as for Gale - you don't make a move on your best friend when she's with someone else!

Dominique (dominiquebookliver) | 237 comments I love Peeta so much he is my absolute favorite and its not only in the book but the movie too and Josh Hutcherson.

chelsea (magiano) | 38 comments Haha, yeah. I guess that happens alot. To me, Peeta's okay, I really appreciate the fact that he saved Katniss's life once, but I'm on Team Gale. I don't know why, but Gale and Katniss always appealed really strongly to me:)

antoanaxo | 95 comments Right.I am in LOVE with Peeta.He is the sweetest male character I have ever read about.I cried when he got tortured in the movie.I was with my friend and her mum.My friend loves Gale.I love Peeta.So the next day at school I started saying "Support Peeta Mellark,Gale STINKS!"

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I found Peeta a little weak-willed for my taste.

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 353 comments Peeta. He's sensible and he baked. He loves sunset. I like peeta in hunger games and catching fire. And in the third trilogy i like Gale. But honestly i dont like any of them. But im going to go on team peeta. Sorry gale.

message 49: by Nele (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nele (neltjuhv) | 10 comments Team Peeta all the way! I didn't like Gale in the books, nor in the movies.

message 50: by Carol (new)

Carol Douglas | 32 comments I like them both. Peeta has lived more of a life of privilege, so it's not surprising that Gale is rougher. I can't help being fonder of Peeta because he is determined to preserve his values throughout the hunger games.

« previous 1