Addicted to YA discussion

Heroes > Jace Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Apr 04, 2012 03:41PM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Share your thoughts about Jace!
There could be some spoilers ahead so read with caution if you haven't read all the books that have been released!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I love Jace! He is so kick butt awesome, and he's cute to

Siobhan Shufelt (kiwivandal) There isn't much about Jace that isn't awesome. I'm just starting City of Fallen Angels and I am not sure I like where Clare is taking him, but I will have to get through them all to find out... it was like that with the first set also...

message 4: by Ela (new)

Ela Siobhan Shufelt wrote: "There isn't much about Jace that isn't awesome. I'm just starting City of Fallen Angels and I am not sure I like where Clare is taking him, but I will have to get through them all to find out... it..."

What do you mean by 'where Clary is taking him'? o.O

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments I think she meant "...where Cassandra Clare" (the author) is taking his character. It is funny that Cassandra Clare named her main character Clary! Great idea. :)

I think that Jace is a fantastically written hero- smart, athletic, impossibly awesome, but still flawed. I like his confident arrogance- how it gets him in trouble, but also gets him out of it!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i love jace, one thing that pisses me off though is that he thinks his like valentine or he blames himself for things which arent his fault and also i dont like it how he goes through these phases that he thinks clary is better of without him like cofa

message 7: by Ela (new)

Ela Laura Lee wrote: "I think she meant "...where Cassandra Clare" (the author) is taking his character. It is funny that Cassandra Clare named her main character Clary! Great idea. :)

I think that Jace is a fantastic..."

Oh right thanx :)
i like the fact that he isn't perfect and has flaws, also his arogence makes me laugh so much :D

message 8: by Ela (new)

Ela Sns wrote: "i love jace, one thing that pisses me off though is that he thinks his like valentine or he blames himself for things which arent his fault and also i dont like it how he goes through these phases ..."

Yeah it does annoy when ANY hero/heroine goes on about not being good enough, it's the other persons choice too!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

exactly! after city of glass i was really hoping to see clary and jace as a proper couple but jace kinda ruined it...

message 10: by Ela (new)

Ela yeah, that and the mother of all demons and her son who rose from the dead :P

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

oh right yes! i forgot about them!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Love him! But yeah I have to agree I don't exactly like where Clare is taking him in the City of Fallen Angels.

message 13: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Definently team Jace!!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol what other team is there?

message 15: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Team Simon!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Simons hardly competition ! I don't think there really was a love triangle in mi, it was pretty obviouse she loved jace

message 17: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Good point :P

message 18: by Ela (last edited Mar 19, 2012 10:48AM) (new)

Ela I'm so gald she decided to just keep Clary and Simon as friends. Having them dating was just akward and it was clear Clary wanted to be with Jace

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

SYdney wrote: "good point :P" thanks! She said that in her freqeuntly asked questions that there wasn't really a love triangle in mi not like id.
@ Ela, yeah same I was kinda confused because she got annoyed when simon stared at Izzy so I wasn't sure of her feelings for him but it was obvious after jace appeared that she truly loved jace

message 20: by Ela (new)

Ela Exactly, I think she was just having issues coming to terms with the fact that Simon was noticing other girls (on top of the fact that her mother had just been kidnapped of course)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

yep, and she envied izzy

message 22: by Ela (last edited Mar 19, 2012 01:47PM) (new)

Ela yeah because she is pretty, witty and an excellant hunter

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

opposite to clary, lol only joking

message 24: by Ela (new)

Ela good because I love them both :)

message 25: by Mary (new)

Mary (ehmjhay) | 6 comments I love him because he is sexy and dangerous at the same time.

message 26: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Where to begin...?
First of all, Jace could have just won me over with his stunningly attractive looks. But he didn't. His personality is so unique- his sarcastic jokes are so funny, but then there's also that gentle, protective side of him. He may be rude at times, but that's just part of Jace. He's such a bad-ass though! ;)
hahahaha

message 27: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments I agree with Sns and Ophelia.

In CoFA I disliked how he kept thinking he was like valentine! He is not!!! Gosh!! I also kind of don't like his protectiveness sometimes-sometimes he's overly protective like when he wouldn't let Clary go to Idris.

But I still love Jace for who he is. His sarcastic comments make me smile like a fanatic and laugh so loud that sometimes my mum or brother give me weird looks. :) lol and i just love his kind gentle side too! :) oh and he's good looking ;) ahhh jace! :D

message 28: by Ela (new)

Ela Noor wrote: "I agree with Sns and Ophelia.

In CoFA I disliked how he kept thinking he was like valentine! He is not!!! Gosh!! I also kind of don't like his protectiveness sometimes-sometimes he's overly prote..."

I always remember very funny lines at really akward moments, like when I'm sitting on the bus, so I have to try really hard to not burst out laughing and look like a freak :P

message 29: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Literally, all of Jace's witty/sarcastic comments had my laughing out loud, crying because they were so funny! He is such a great, gorgeous, HOT, character! :D

message 30: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Ela wrote: "Noor wrote: "I agree with Sns and Ophelia.

In CoFA I disliked how he kept thinking he was like valentine! He is not!!! Gosh!! I also kind of don't like his protectiveness sometimes-sometimes he's..."

LOL I've done that too!! :) and boy do people look at you like your crazy!

message 31: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Ophelia wrote: "Literally, all of Jace's witty/sarcastic comments had my laughing out loud, crying because they were so funny! He is such a great, gorgeous, HOT, character! :D"

LOL True

message 32: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Jace is so cool!I love his sarcasm, it's so funny.

PS I thought his last name was Wayland, not Lightwood...?

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Anne wrote: "Jace is so cool!I love his sarcasm, it's so funny.

PS I thought his last name was Wayland, not Lightwood...?"

Technically his last name is Herondale (omg he's related to Will?!?). Valentine gave him a fake last name. In the end, since he never met his dad (you know Stephen was killed) and Clary told him he's "a Lightwood", he stuck with Lightwood.

message 34: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Ohh right, yeah, I hadn't finished the book when I posted that comment.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I absolutely love Jace!!

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Gina wrote: "I absolutely love Jace!!"

Who could hate Jace? He's fantastic and hot!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Truth be told, I hated him in the first book..

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Gina wrote: "Truth be told, I hated him in the first book.."

Really?! Why?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Didn't you think he was a total jerk to Clary? And Simon, I love Simon :)

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Well I did think he was being a bit of a jerk, but I still didn't hate him. And...Simon's ok, but not my favorite character. Jace is in this series.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate Simon in the second one.

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments I kinda understand why. He irritated me in the second one.

message 43: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Ugh I hate Simon. Well at least so far. I haven't even started the second book yet.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

That explains it :) He is really cool, once you get to know him better :D

message 45: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Yeah I hated Simon in the first book but after that I loved him! He's pretty awesome but not as awesome as Jace!

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Erika wrote: "Yeah I hated Simon in the first book but after that I loved him! He's pretty awesome but not as awesome as Jace!"

Amen

message 47: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) I love him too much. When I saw the movie I couldn't keep him out of my mind and I can't wait for the next movie to come out

message 48: by Harlee (new)

Harlee Honestly? I'm not a big Jace fan. I never understood how Clary fell for his crap. I like him, I guess, but from a romance/fan girl POV, I don't really like him...

message 49: by Aisyaraisya (new)

Aisyaraisya | 87 comments I love to have one ;)

message 50: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 442 comments hate jace. i like funny good guys. jace is a pretender.

« previous 1