KBF Irregulars discussion

Member book threads > Char's Horror Corner

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Char (new)

Char I thought we could post about books in my favorite genre. I know some of you here don't like it, so this way it will stay out of your hair. For those of you who do enjoy horror or weird fiction in general, please feel free to jump in with any recommendations or comments you may have.

message 2: by Char (new)

Char I just finished Neverwhereand it was awesome. Strictly speaking this should be called Dark Fantasy, but since I just read it, I had to talk about it.
It's a story about under-London which is a full city located beneath London-above. It features wild beasts, angels, a crazy but incredibly well spoken pair of bad guys, Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar, and a girl named Door.
I absolutely loved it and gave it 5 stars. Highly recommended!

message 3: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) I've only read this once, and it was a library book, but I picked it up when it was cheap so I could read it again. I thought it was really good, and really atmospheric, which is my new favorite word for books.

message 4: by Char (new)

Char I hope your ok with the horror spot, Christine. Should I have asked permission or something first?
Neverwhere was most definitely atmospheric.
That is a good word. : )

message 5: by Christine PNW (last edited Feb 27, 2012 08:41AM) (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) No permission required. I don't want to be the boss of the group. I get plenty of bossing people around @ work & @ home. :)

Would World War Z be considered horror? I don't read horror.

message 6: by Char (new)

Char I would consider it horror. I also consider it awesome!

message 7: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) I loved World War Z! I thought it was inventive, and creative, and incredibly well-executed. The fake documentary format was so good!

message 8: by Char (new)

Char I loved it, too, though I don't hold out much hope that it will translate well into a movie.
I HOPE that it does, but I'm not counting on it.

message 9: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) Charlene wrote: "I loved it, too, though I don't hold out much hope that it will translate well into a movie.
I HOPE that it does, but I'm not counting on it."

I think turning it into a movie is a huge mistake. But that's just me.

message 10: by Char (new)

Char I just finished an insane werewolf novel: Wolf Hunt. It was gory and hilarious.
Don't see those two words together very often, now do you?

message 11: by Char (new)

Char Finished DRACULAS. It was hilarious and scary.

message 12: by Char (new)

Char Finished with We Need to Talk About Kevin.
Absolutely chilling and fascinating. Things are going bad and you're just there observing.
Kick ass book!