UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Nicola Palmer - Children's Adventure (big kids welcome)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 158 (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a series of books for children of around 11+. And adults, of course.
Book 1, 'Alice Parker's Metamorphosis' is being edited, due for re-release early in March. But I thought I'd tell you it has a 'proper' cover now, which you can see on my FB page. Posh, eh?

Book 2 of Alice Parker's Adventures will be ready to download early in April.

If any of you have already read Book 1, can I gently nudge you to do a review? Or poke you in the ribs if that doesn't work. You can always read it again when the 2nd edition is done - it's longer, btw, so more for your 89p.

Here's the blurb:
'Thirteen-year-old Alice Parker knows something isn't right; mysterious aches and pains, a craving for sugar that's out of control. Suddenly she's top of the class in every subject.
Baffled by what is happening to her and feeling at odds with the world, Alice can't take much more. Only when she collapses and experiences a life-changing transformation does she discover why she is different.
But this new, incredible identity brings its own challenges and Alice isn't convinced she can rise to them. She just wants to be normal!
The fact is she's anything but...'

I'm yet to figure out how to ask people to be my friend on Goodreads! (Blonde moment turning into several weeks, sorry) I can accept if someone asks me, though... hint, hint ;)

http://nicolapalmerwriter.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/AliceParkersA...

message 2: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Feb 25, 2012 07:05AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Welcome Nicola! You'll find loads of friendly big kids in our group.

I'm pleased you've joined us and the friend request is on its way!

Here's a link to the book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alice-Parkers...

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Hi Nicola, love love love the cover!! That alone made me want to read the book before I even read the blurb. Please do let us know when it is available and I, for one, will be downloading x

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Wow. The new cover is wonderful!

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Here's a link to the book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alice-P..."

Think I am gonna wait for the re-release as I have loads TBR already and on't want this one to get lost amongst them!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'm going to wait for the new edition, as well.

Be sure to let us know when it's ready please Nichola.

message 7: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks for the link, Patti! And I now have two more friends, Emma and Patii! Yay!
Just heard from my editor to say he's finished, so shouldn't be long until 2nd edition is ready :)

message 8: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Sorry, I meant Patti. I wonder, as a garden designer, if I've just stumbled across the real plural of 'patio.' Mmm. I think I need a break! All work and no play makes Niki a dull girl.

message 9: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks Bob! Looks a good site, I'll fill out the form to join.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments The song Patio Lanterns By Kim Mitchell was sort of my theme song for years, so you're not far off the mark, Niki!

message 11: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Hi all!
Sorry I've been a bit anti-social for a while, but at least I have a good excuse. The 2nd edition of 'Alice Parker's Metamorphosis' is now available. Approx. 3000 words longer than the first edition, you've just got time to read it before the sequel is published in a few weeks!

Hope you enjoy it and might consider a review ;)

Many thanks x

D.M. Andrews (author) Andrews (dmandrews) | 1551 comments Welcome, Nicola. Looks good! Is it in paperback? One of the reviews mentioned 38,000 words - is that correct?

Also, let me know which category it best suits, and I'll add it to my indie author fantasy bookstore at http://www.writers-and-publishers.com...

message 13: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Hi DM
Just had a look at your brilliant website. I'm still struggling with marketing, so I'm in awe of your achievement so far! In fact, I've just posted in the agony aunt section... I'm on Smashwords too, so haven't done KDP freebie days.

My book is approx 41,000 words now, and probably best described by your contemporary fiction category. Paperback is in progress. Thanks so much.

D.M. Andrews (author) Andrews (dmandrews) | 1551 comments Thanks - but my web site is pretty uncolourful and imageless ;)

I've added your book.

Feel free to join and post on my FB group too:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Kindle...

I shall not renew with KDP Select, as I want my book available everywhere, but it is good for a boost, so it might be an idea to enrol a book in it to get noticed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

message 15: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks, D.M, will do.

message 16: by Carl (new)

Carl  Ashmore (carlashmore) | 213 comments Hi Nicola, great to see you here :) xx

message 17: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks Carl! Hope all is going well with TH.

message 18: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks for adding my book to your website, Darren.

Just to let you all know, Book 2 of the Alice Parker series will be called 'Alice Parker and the Mind Magician.' Due for release just before Easter.

message 19: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Just received the proof copy of Book 1 in paperback. So excited to have a real book in my hand! Shiny and mysterious! Should be available in a week or so, I think. Although I've heard it takes longer for paperbacks to become available through amazon.
:)

message 20: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Book 2 in the series, Alice Parker and the Mind Magician, is now available!

Hope you enjoy it.

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Nicola, I have just started book one. Will review when done. Looks promising so far. :-)

message 22: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Ooh, thank you Emma! I hope you like the magic, being a download fairy.

message 23: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Free on 5th and 6th April if you know any one who might like a copy:)

Alice Parker's Metamorphosis

Book 1 of the new fantasy adventure series for children

message 24: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Apr 05, 2012 01:03AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'll pop the link into today's freebie thread for you Nicola.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hehe too late. :)

message 26: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks anyway, Patti! I'm learning :)

message 27: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments The cover is brilliant I really like it and it had me interested before I read the blurb. And I'm sure you'll get a fair few reviews from those of us on here who read it. We're good little kindle bugs that way

message 28: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks Jud! Reviews would be nice ;)

message 29: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments I read this booK and loved it.

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments I am about 70% through now and loving it :-)

message 31: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks Sarah and Emma, that's so good to hear! :)

message 32: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Just to say, Alice Parker's Metamorphosis is still free today.
It's currently no.1 on amazon.com in children's action and adventure! How funny does my little book look sitting next to the Hunger Games?! ;)

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Hey Nicola, I finished it last night and reviewed it in the usual places for you. I loved it. Will definitely be reading the sequel x

message 34: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Did I get it yesterday? I can't remember...

message 35: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments I did :o)

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Lol! Only you can answer that Jud!!! :-)

message 37: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments In hindsight I shouldn't have had caffeine this early in the morning

message 38: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thank you so much Emma! I tweeted you late last night as soon as I saw it! I'm so grateful - it was up there on .com without a review until yours appeared! :) So exciting. I think we should tell everyone in Finwip village and have a pudding party!

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Lol! I am definitely up for that!! Haven't been on twitter yet this morning but will head there now :-)

message 40: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Book 1 is still free today. Thank you to everyone who downloaded a copy. It reached #1 in children's action and adventure in the US, and #2 in children's fantasy.
#3 and #4 respectively here :)

message 41: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments I really must put up a review Nicola, I am such a procastinator.

message 42: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thanks Sarah. I have some to write as well. There just aren't enough hours in the day! That's my excuse, anyway!

message 43: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Review posted Nicola,It will show under harasrrek!

message 44: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Thank you Sarah - what a fantastic review! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it:) Makes it all worth while when other people enjoy the world you've created in your mind!

message 45: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support during the last couple of months. My first freebie seems to have been a success, and I now have some lovely reviews.

So glad I joined this group! To think, in December, I couldn't even figure out how the Goodreads website worked! What a numpty ;)

message 46: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments It's lovely having your company Nicola.To have the ability to be able to interact with the people who feed our passion for books is a real honour. If anyone had told me a year ago that this would be possible I wouldn't have believed them.
The technology I constantly knock certainly has it's good points and I think this group is the best!
Happy Easter.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Took the words from my mouth, Sarah!

message 48: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments Aw, thank you. Happy Easter everyone!

message 49: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Palmer | 255 comments I think I'm losing my marbles.
In the excitement of Book 1 suddenly being visible in its relevant amazon categories, and getting a couple more reviews, I forgot to say on this thread that Book 2 came out over a week ago!

Here it is:Alice Parker and the Mind Magician

For anyone who didn't spot it on the other thread ;)

message 50: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Oh :o)

That's exciting I missed that

« previous 1 3 4