Immortals After Dark discussion

Talking about the series > Favorite Quotes

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments I got this idea for a topic from another group and thought it would be fun here. When you add a quote, just enter the title of the book the quote comes from.

Here are 2 quotes I picked from Lothaire as I'm reading it for the 3d time. (I like it more each time!)

--------
---Ellie and Lothaire are in the middle of an argument. Usually he's harrassing her to let Saroya rise. But in this case...

Saroya rises? "Elizabeth, you do not recede. You finish this with me!"

She narrowed her eyes up at him. "Just keeping the terms of our deal. If Saroya wants her turn, I'm supposed to get out of the way, right?"

"You little bitch, don't you run from this!" His voice boomed in the cavern.

"Uh-oh, here I go... Whoa, whoa, receding right before your eyes. Red Rover, send Saroya right over. See how happy the Soul Reaper can make you." And then she collapsed.

----
---Another scene, another argument. But this time Ellie really comes into her own and Lothaire finally realizes her strength....

"My greatest asset is that I'm forever underestimated--by people like you." She pinned his gaze with her own. "I'm the sucker punch that you never saw coming."

Unexpected Elizabeth, with her fierce gray eyes. Saroya might be vicious and lethal, but Elizabeth was cunning, beguiling.

Quietly running circles around him at every opportunity.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodiestar) | 9 comments There are a lot of Lothaire quotes posted on the novel's page. Some of my favorites are:

Then realization had dawned. "Oh, my God, you're the one who hurt Davis, the boy I was with. You saw us together, and you threw him down a gully. He broke both of his legs!"

"He lived?" Gaze narrowing, Lothaire had murmured, "Not for much Longer.”
----
“First of all, I'm not narcissistic." When she opened her lips to argue, he said, "I know Narkissos of Thespiae -- while we might share traits, I came first, so he's Lothairistic, not the other way around.”
----
Elizabeth,
With my compliments.
You will never get your claws into another one of mine.
Rot in hell,
L
Nïx clasped her hands over her chest, sighing, “He gave you his heart. That’s so romantic. So much better than a candy heart. Those get stuck in the fangs, you know.”
----
As Lothaire lifted the lid with a sense of dread, Nïx murmured, “Hint: it’s the middle one.”
Elizabeth’s fragile finger.Seeing it severed like this brought on a visceral reaction—pain shooting through his own hand, radiating throughout his regenerated heart. He closed the lid with a swallow, sentimentally pocketing the package.
“You gave her your heart, and she gave you the bird.” Nïx sighed. “Songs will be written about this.”

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments lol! Love all of those!

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 48 comments Awesome quotes Melodie!!!!