Strictly Personal discussion

Other Artists > The Beatles

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Dr. Zyllihapping I-Don't-Have-A-Last-Name (i_wanna_be_a_paperback_writer) | 67 comments Mod
The Beatles are often called the greatest/most influential band. While I don't necessarily agree with this, I do think they were pretty good and their song "Tomorrow Never Knows" from one of my favorite albums "Revolver" is my favorite song of all time.

What is your opinion of the Beatles?

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I like their song "Here Comes the Sun" and a few others :P

I think that they're really good :) They may be old but their songs are still good :)

But, they are a bit old XD I have to admit, they aren't my favourite band but they're still pretty good :)

message 3: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Dr. Zyllihapping I-Don't-Have-A-Last-Name (i_wanna_be_a_paperback_writer) | 67 comments Mod
You don't know old till you've heard Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams, and Robert Johnson, to name a few......those guys were around in the '30s and the '40s!

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Wow. I meant that they're old compared to the singers that most people listen to these days XD

message 5: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Shannon wrote: "Wow. I meant that they're old compared to the singers that most people listen to these days XD"

But anyway, try listening to those three artists I mentioned too! They are not any less great because of their being old.

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Ok :) I will :) Yeah, some artists who are old are still good :)

For example, The Carpenters and The Beatles and lots of others :)

message 7: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Shannon wrote: "Ok :) I will :) Yeah, some artists who are old are still good :)

For example, The Carpenters and The Beatles and lots of others :)"

Great music is timeless. ;D

Beefheart was also from the '60s to the '80s! He left music after that to make paintings. One of these great paintings is the group picture, which was also the cover of my fave Beefheart album! And The Velvet Underground are a '60s/'70s band I recommend if you like Beefheart.

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim The Blimp wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Wow. I meant that they're old compared to the singers that most people listen to these days XD"

But anyway, try listening to those three artists I mentioned too! They are not any less great because of their being old..."

Of course, they weren't old when they recorded their music...

message 9: by Dr. Zyllihapping, Mirror Man (new)

Jim wrote: "The Blimp wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Wow. I meant that they're old compared to the singers that most people listen to these days XD"

But anyway, try listening to those three artists I mentioned too! ..."

Kinda obvious, huh?