The Fey Fiction Obsessors Group discussion

Welcome! > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 23 comments Mod
Welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself - I'm Booknut 101, bookworm of the highest degree and am OCD about books, especially fey fiction! My favourite fey series' are: Iron Fey series, The Faerie Path series, The Faeriewalker series, The Wicked Lovely series, the Wings series, Need series and the Books of Faerie series. So once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy!

message 2: by Michael (Mai) (new)

Michael (Mai) (maiinwonderland) Hi! I'm glad I got invited to this group. I love books about the fey!

My name is Michael but since when you read it it looks like a boys name I generally tell people to call me tattoogirl online because guess what? I have a lot of tattoos. About 25 :D

Fey books have always been my favorite kind of fantasy. I love Holly Black books because she's the author that got me into YA and fantasy. Love her!

message 3: by Booknut (new)

I've read the Tithe series and I have to say, I LOVE Holly's writing style too!

message 4: by Michael (Mai) (new)

Michael (Mai) (maiinwonderland) Have you read Janni Lee Simner's Bones of Faerie series?

message 5: by Booknut (new)

No, but I hear they're REALLY good! One of these days I have to find time to read them!

message 6: by Michael (Mai) (new)

Michael (Mai) (maiinwonderland) The author is also really awesome. I love her. She helped me with a giveaway and author interview so I'm always trying to pimp her stuff :D

message 7: by Skye (new)

Skye | 1 comments Thanks for the invite
the only fey books i've read are Iron fey and Wings
And i've also read Midsummer night dream(Dont know if that counts=))
And as a kid i read Enid Blythons books, Enchated woods, Fare away tree and wishing chair

message 8: by Booknut (new)

I adored the Enid Blyton books as a kid - I lived in front of a reserve where the tallest tree stood out from the rest and you could hardly see where it ended. I use to make believe that Silky and all the rest lived behind me house! And Midsummer N.D does count - it's just their fairies are a bit more *cough* eccentric than most!

message 9: by Haley (new)

Haley (goodreadscomhaley) | 1 comments Hello,

I joined this group becuase I love books with fey aspects. I should warn you that I probably wont comment much, as I generally only get on goodreads to look at books I want to buy or review a book I've read. After that though, thanks for the invite! I have read Julie K's Iron Fey series and some other stuff. I've also read Karen Moning's stuff, but thats...adult?

message 10: by Booknut (new)

Haley wrote: "Hello,

I joined this group becuase I love books with fey aspects. I should warn you that I probably wont comment much, as I generally only get on goodreads to look at books I want to buy or rev..."

Dear Haley,

Thanks for joining my group! I hope you enjoy the selection of fey titles I've put up - I loved Julie K's Iron Fey series and I'm glad to see you've read it too!

Thanks again for joining!!!

Booknut

message 11: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 22 comments You guys have good taste. :)

I got hooked on these after reading the Iron Fey series... so far, I've read the Wicked Lovely series, the Need series, the Faeriewalker series, Lament, the Fever series, Wondrous Strange, Wings, and Tithe.

It's hard to pick a favorite -- probably either the Iron Fey or the Wicked Lovely series, depending on which day of the week you ask me. Wondrous Strange probably made me laugh out loud the most.. the bathtub thing was just hilarious. ;)

message 12: by Booknut (new)

Laurel wrote: "You guys have good taste. :)

I got hooked on these after reading the Iron Fey series... so far, I've read the Wicked Lovely series, the Need series, the Faeriewalker series, Lament, the Fever seri..."

Absolutely LOVE the Wondrous Strange books!!!

message 13: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 22 comments I'm going to have to get book two!

I might also give Ever Shade a try, since it's available for free via the Kindle Lending Library. :)

Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1) by Alexia Purdy

message 14: by Carole (new)

Carole (4liverpool) | 27 comments Hi
I forgot to introduce myself. I love to read about vampires, fey, witches and historical romance. I would say that the fey are my ultimate favourite. I just finished the book Prince of Air and Darkness by Jenna Black Prince of Air and Darkness by Jenna Black .It was so good. I also stumbled upon Deborah Court Bound to the Prince Bound to the Prince by Deborah Court which is about Elves and Shona Husk The Goblin King (Shadowlands, #1) by Shona Husk The Summons A Goblin King Prequel (Shadowlands, #0.5) by Shona Husk which were really well done.
My favourites would have to be from Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning , Jenna Black Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black and Lesley Livingston Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Stout | 1 comments Hi. I am trying to raise publicity for my newly published book Shadowbound. It is about the Fae and I am looking for reviewers who might be interested in receiving a free copy in exchange for feedback on Amazon. It can be found here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shadowbound-W... if anyone is interested please contact me on lisastout@live.co.uk

message 16: by Bibliogothica (new)

Bibliogothica Hi, I'm TJ. :D
I'm a total Bookwyrm who would rather read than spend time with other people, but wants to be able to chat about the books I read, but none of the people I know have read it, or they just can't discuss it in depth. That's why I joined GoodReads! :B

I've read a couple of books with fey in them, including the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, which I finished reading recently. I've also read Fablehaven and 13 Treasures.

message 17: by Johnnee (new)

Johnnee Liz Lewisham (Johnnee_liz) | 1 comments Hey, I'm Johnnee, 19 years young and an absolute booknerd. I honestly read all the time and always carry a book with me (I'd rather read that actually interact with other human beings :D I've joined GoodReads to connect with people like me, who love to read and don't mind discussing the same book for ever.

I loooooove the iron fey series, I'm super obsessed and would rather read that all over than start a new book. Some of my other faves are Harry Potter, The Great Gatsby and The Selection

Love, Johnnee (with double e!)