Circe's Academy for Gifted Youth discussion

House of Makhfee > Commons Room

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ

[image error]

message 2: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ryder was in the commons room laying down on the couch. For once he didn't have his mottled green and gray cloak on. Instead he wore black jeans and a Makhfee green t-shirt. As he lay on the couch he had his eyes closed as if he was sleeping.

message 3: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin sat down with her notebook, which was filled with codes, music sheets, lyrics, and letters from her parents and pack. She also had a binder with three dividers. Guess what it was time for? Sorting out her cluttered notebook. Normally she didn't care, but she realized there was only three pieces not torn out and two of them had stuff on them.

message 4: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ryder felt someone sit down by his feet, fnd of crinkling paper. To anyone else the sound wouldn't have been heard. But being in the Makhfee house heightened the senses of those who were in it. Opening his eyes he saw Erin. "Hey Erin." He said with a smile which were rare due to the fact he barely spoke for 'fun' or smiled except at the house.

message 5: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((I forgot to say what she was wearing, so I'll say it in this post.))

"Hey," Erin said. She had a brown leather jacket on, with a cream shirt underneath it and combat boots. Today she was too lazy to put on her lipstick.

She put all her music sheets in one pile. Most of them weren't hole punched and she would have to wait to put them in. She was trying to figure out if she should sort them by what instrument they were for or by the song title.

message 6: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "What are you sorting?" He asked too lazy to get up and see for himself like he should have. Sia would have said a thing or two about that but she was off running an errand and wouldn't be back till dinner time.

message 7: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin looked at him through her peripheral vision. "Music. Letters. Codes. You don't happen to have a hole puncher do you?" She stared at the music sheets and lyrics. She was going to have to get a new binder just for music.

message 8: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) Iroquois popped into existence right there. His brown horse body, blending in quite well with the dark interior of the Makhfee common room. "Hello, good people," he tried to smile.

message 9: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin glanced up. "What do you need? Lessons on smiling or something?" she said, teasing him. She started to work on her codes and letters. The letters were the easiest to organize.

message 10: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "And a good morning to you to," he smiled normally. He thought he had interrupted something private and felt bad but not anymore. "So what are you two up to?"

message 11: by Killer Queen (last edited Feb 24, 2012 10:22PM) (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin put her feet up on the table- a no no if Sia was to see. "Organizing this notebook," she held up her three subject notebook that was more like a folder than a notebook. "Got a hole puncher?"

message 12: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) "Sadly I don't carry one around with me anymore..." he shrugged, "but I know a spell that do that for you if you need help?" he suggested.

message 13: by Killer Queen (last edited Feb 24, 2012 10:30PM) (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin half grinned and picked up her big stack of non- hole punched music sheets and lyrics. "Can you do it for these?" Yeah, I'm going to need another binder for these...

((Did you see the hairstyle I picked for Phuong ^^))

message 14: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejschoenborn) ((Not yet... and I'm off after this anyway sadly... past midnight now and I work tomorrow. *sigh*))

He took the papers and pointed at three separate spots on the paper set equally apart. He whispered a few words and three holes slashed through all the paper, small white confetti circles fluttered to the floor like leaves from a withered tree.

message 15: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Aw, well, good night.))

Erin took her papers back. "Thanks." She put all her other papers aside and started figuring out how to organize this pile. She flipped through them and grabbed all the songs she didn't write and put them in one place in the current binder she had. She organized them by song name and in the cases where she had multiple music sheets for different instruments she put them in order of her favorite instrument to play to the least favorite one- harp, violin, piano.

message 16: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ryder who had spaced out when Irquois entered the room, looked up again and noticed him. "Hey there Irquois. How's it go?" Then looking back at Erin he asked her, "Uh do you want some extra help?"

message 17: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Uh... No," Erin said as she put her now alphabetized piled of song names in a separate part of her binder. She put her letters in a pocket in the binder.

message 18: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ryder shrugged and laid back down, closing his eyes. Around the Makhfee household he acted more carefree and relaxed than when he was outside, much like most of the other residents of Makhfee.

message 19: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin put her binder on the table and leaned back. Without realizing it, her hands made certain movements as if it were plucking the strings of a stringed instrument. Eventually she realized and stop. She always wondered what people thought of her musical talent.

message 20: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ryder had gotten up, to find Hannah and ask about dinner, but he noticed Erin's music playing like fingers and stopped. His curiosity getting the best of him he asked, "What do you play again?"

message 21: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "I play many things. Which one in specific do you want to know?" Erin said, being difficult and raising her eyebrow. She like things being a little mysterious no matter how petty the thing was.

message 22: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "The only you were playing pretend with your fingers." He said copying the motion that she was doing previously with his hands. "Is the harp? My mother used to play that." He said matter of factly.

message 23: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "Yeah, it is. Used to play the harp? What happened?" Erin asked, messing with her Claddagh ring that she wore on her index finger instead of her ring finger.

message 24: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ryder shrugged. "She just doesn't play as often. Too many responsibilities as head for the local Elementals." He said rubbing the back of his neck, acting casual. When in fact he felt uncomfortable inside. He wasn't on good terms with his parents for the sole reason he was a Earth Elemental and they were Air elementals.

message 25: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin frowned. What if she couldn't play when she took over the pack responsibilities? Did she even want to? She always had this idea of traveling, doing gigs, making CDs, but the more she thought about it, the more it wanted to sleep through her hands. She had the talent- oh boy, did she ever. But... This was her family and she was meant to take over her father when he passed.

message 26: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Noticing the slight frown on Erin's face, Ryder sat down next to her. He could talk to Hannah later. "You ok Erin? You seem as if you have something on your mind." He giving her a slightly concerned look.

message 27: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) "I do have something on my mind, I'm okay, but not that okay, and I don't want to talk about it," Erin said, getting rid of her frown. She glanced at him, then took her feet of the table and grabbed her mind. She proceeded to flip through her letters.

message 28: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ryder shrugged. "I guess it's up to you." Normally if this question had been asked by any other house member of another house they would have pressed questions. But the biggest thing in Makhfee after keeping to yourself and keeping secrets was respecting the secrets of other members in the house.

message 29: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Erin pulled out a letter written to her in Gaelic from her father. They were talking about being an Alpha when he sent this and told her about some of the things he did. It wasn't as bad as she remembered, but she didn't think traveling would be possible while being one. She could deal with that, but the thought she had before still bothered her.

message 30: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ((should we end it now? or you wanna keep going cause I have no idea what to do next. . . lol))

message 31: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((I don't really want to end, but I think we should.))

message 32: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ((kk, we can RP somewhere else))

Ryder got up then seeing she probably wasn't going to talk more and he himself didn't have much to say. "Well I'm off to find Hannah to figure out things while Ms. Sia's gone." He said giving her a nod then walking off.

message 33: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((Ashwick!))

message 34: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (last edited Feb 26, 2012 10:19AM) (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ((been there done that ^^))