Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > Short Story Submissions wanted!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Prose by Design (prosebydesign) | 10 comments Prose by Design is now open for submissions for both "Halloween Horror", and "Summer Love", anthology's of short stories edited by Cindy C Bennett and Sherry Gammon. Your story should revolve around around love during or originating in summer for the first, and Halloween or horror for the second. Your story may be in any genre (contemporary, historical, paranormal, supernatural, etc.) as long as the main theme fits the specific book. The inclusion of vampire, werewolves, and/or ghosts for either is entirely up to you, the author. Go to our FB page for more info!https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prose-...

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward (chriswardfictionwriter) I'd be interested to know that too. I generally don't submit to FTL markets these days.

Prose by Design (prosebydesign) | 10 comments Yes, you get paid! All the info is on our FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prose-...

message 4: by Cleveland (last edited Feb 25, 2012 08:56AM) (new)

Cleveland | 60 comments I think it is a fantastic challenge, scary-fun too, writing a short story to a theme.
All the usual stuff has been played out so it's digging deep to uncover the unusual but simple stuff that will scare.(Is it one story per person?)
The plot, the characters and the blood have to be mixed up well and still be entertaining. I'd love to write something that has the reader on the edge of their seat and then pushes them off into a space filled with horror. How to do that? Well that's the 'rub.' And I'm thinking about it...
Good luck everybody. And go for it.
Best
Cleveland

message 5: by Prose by Design (last edited Feb 25, 2012 10:42AM) (new)

Prose by Design (prosebydesign) | 10 comments You may submit as many stories as you would like, BUT only one story per author per book. If we get enough interest, we may consider publishing Halloween Horror or Summer Love Book 2...and Book 3...and...;}

message 6: by Kenechi (new)

Kenechi Udogu (trixycae) | 25 comments Thanks for this! A writing challenge is always healthy...whether or not I end up submitting something.

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Gammon (sherrygammon) Agreed! Keep writing~