Horror Aficionados discussion

Horrorpedia > Horror Book Lines

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Hollis | 303 comments Now that Leisure is gone, is there a line of low priced horror anymore??

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (reedr) | 36 comments Print books ? No, not that I know of. Lot's of lower-priced, deals to be had in horror ebooks though...

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Hollis | 303 comments yes i was talking about print. I have a gotten a lot of ebooks but I prefer print.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments Maybe in small used book stores but classy ones? No, they tend to have such a high demang price for books, which is weird cause yeah they need to make money too but you have to figure the price or books should go down in the recent invention of Kindles and E-books. but nope..still high as ever

message 5: by Ken B (new)

Ken B | 6543 comments Justin wrote: "Maybe in small used book stores but classy ones? No, they tend to have such a high demang price for books, which is weird cause yeah they need to make money too but you have to figure the price or ..."

Bookstores (new books) have always run on razor thin margins...I've read less than 3% net. Not much room for price decreases.

message 6: by Craig (new)

Craig (azeryk) | 15 comments Several of the Leisure authors have moved over to Deadite press now who's not too bad price wise imo.

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments My book is going to be available soon on Kindle, one of the ladies from my publishing company told me their gonna charge the same price or my book on Kindle as it is in print..I hope this isn't true because I want my potential buyers to get the book at a cheaper rate and also so I can actually get some sales..So sometimes it's the same either way..in this case I hope Kindle is actually lower..go figure! lol

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephencouch) Don D'Auria (former editor of Leisure's horror) launched a line at Samhain Publishing a few months back. Some reprints, some originals so far.

message 9: by Chris (last edited Aug 12, 2012 05:40AM) (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Samhain has released some pretty impressive titles so far, including some of those authors from the now-defunct Leisure Horror line...and pretty good new authors, as well. Just found out recently that Bryan Smith has signed on and his new novel, The Late Night Horror Show, is due out next year...

message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments Ten copies have sold since my book's release on Kindle, hoping to get more in the weeks and month to come!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments This is the first I've heard of Samhain, will have to check them out.