Fans of Angelfall discussion

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
This topic is about Angelfall
Contest NOW CLOSED...CONGRATULATIONS CAITY!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker (last edited Mar 11, 2012 12:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker (readingfanatic1) | 56 comments Mod
WINNER COMING SOON.

Win an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall

Open to all members of Fans of Angelfall (including international members)

How to enter: Simply answer this question (you can answer it below in this discussion board under this topic)...

Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

The contest runs from March 7, 2012 at 12pm (Pacific Standard Time) to March 11, 2012 at 12pm (Pacific Standard Time).

The winner will be chosen at random by me using random.org, I'll notify the winner on March 11 after the contest is closed.

Rachel the Book Harlot | 14 comments This is awesome!Thank you!

Rachel wrote: "This is awesome!Thank you!"

It's all Susan Ee . She came forward and wanted to give away a signed copy to someone in our group! How awesome is she???

message 4: by Rachel the Book Harlot (last edited Feb 24, 2012 05:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel the Book Harlot | 14 comments Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: " How awesome is she???"

This is so wonderful of her to do!! :D

Inday (egregore) | 10 comments oh my! Im so excited!! ^__^

Sherbie (herpassion) | 2 comments That is so generous of hers!

message 7: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Collier That's so nice of her, thank you. :D

Aimee wrote: "That's so nice of her, thank you. :D"

Anna wrote: "Woot!"

I'm just waiting to hear from my co-moderator before we do the contest!

message 10: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Feb 26, 2012 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: I'm just waiting to hear from my co-moderator before we do the contest!

Will there be a life-size inflatable Raffe doll as a consolation prize? If not, perhaps an Raffe action-figure with interchangeable wings? LOL

message 11: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Anna wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: I'm just waiting to hear from my co-moderator before we do the contest!

Will there be a life-size inflatable Raffe doll as a consolation prize? If not, perhaps an Raffe action-figure with interchangeable wings? LOL ..."

I'll take one of those!

Anna wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: I'm just waiting to hear from my co-moderator before we do the contest!

Will there be a life-size inflatable Raffe doll as a consolation prize? If not, per..."

Haha....I'd love to win one of those, but I think my dog will think it's a chew toy and destroy certain parts. ;P

Hot Mess Sommelière ~ Caro A Raffe plushie? I want one.

RIN ಠ_ಠ (wriggrin) What is this I see about Raffe dolls? :P

message 15: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel (lemonie) | 75 comments You guys make me laugh so hard - a life sized inflatable plushie of Raffe for me - then you could deflate him, take him anywhere, reinflate and snuggle! Failing that a signed copy of the book would do!

Susan Ee you rock!

message 16: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Ee | 23 comments You guys crack me up! You're the best! :D

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 100 comments What?! I want a Raffe doll! Or even a body pillow with his body would be ok. ;-)

message 18: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex (peetabreadforlife) | 12 comments Laura wrote: "What?! I want a Raffe doll! Or even a body pillow with his body would be ok. ;-)"

LOL, that would be thee best gift

Bonnie (missbonnie) Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee.

WHY NOT? But to be more specific... :)
This is an amazing debut novel that not only deserves a place on my bookshelf but definitely deserves a re-read. Plus, the paperback is gorgeous ! :D

message 20: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Mar 07, 2012 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee.

I want it for the beautiful book cover, the autograph and the story. Then, I can show everyone the wonderful book I've obsessed about.

Megan | 5 comments Because i might explode if i dont get one? Lol. I want, no I need, this book. I have a regular copy but I have a place of honor ready and waiting for a signed copy. :)

Picyadri | 2 comments I want it because it was one of my favorite reads from last year and to make jealous every friend of mine :)

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 100 comments Umm, there are so many reasons! I love having copies of physical books, I LOVED this book in particular, having anything signed makes it seem even more special ... do I need to continue? :-)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

Because I absolutely adore this book. And because I only have the e-copy (like mostly everyone else), and this is one of the only books I would want a copy of paperback, also. Oh, and, Susan Ee's autograph? Who wouldn't want that!

message 25: by Rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rae | 4 comments Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

Because it's the best book I've read in a long time. It's been months already since I read it and I still cannot stop thinking about it.

message 26: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Danley (katedanley) | 1 comments I'd love an autographed copy because I LOVE THIS BOOK. It filled the hole in my heart that the Hunger Games left. I've become a virtual cheerleader for Angelfall and I think my friends are getting sick of me saying "YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK!!!"

message 27: by Jia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jia I would love to have a hard copy of the novel to lend to friends and family because the story is so AWESOME. And because the cover is absolutely gorgeous! But it's ok if I don't win. I'll buy it anyways :)

RIN ಠ_ಠ (wriggrin) Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

I would like the paperback copy because the book is FANTASTIC and being able to actually hold it in my hands would be an awesome feeling. Not to mentioned it is autographed...I never had a favorite book autographed before.
Plus, I can finally get my best friend to give Angelfall a try (she hates electronic books with a burning passion).

Caity | 27 comments Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

I have re-read the last scene of Angelfall so many times i would LOVE to have the novel in paperback. Reading it on the kindle is just not enough, i want to be able to hold this one!

Soumi (soumiroy) Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?
Because I have read so many grate review of the book and I truly wanna read it. The book is not available in my country, neither ebook nor printed. I would be honored i f i won a signed copy

Inday (egregore) | 10 comments Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

I have read and re-read the book, written a 5 star review about it and fell in love with the plot and the characters. I had the Ebook and badly wants to share it to everyone, but not everyone has a reader so if I had a physical copy of the book, I would be able to share with them a book they would surely love! :)

Hot Mess Sommelière ~ Caro I would like to win the signed copy since it's very hard and expensive to get one from amazon.com shipped to Germany. Aaaaand I never had a signed copy of any book at all, and since I love Angelfall, I would be so happy to get a signed copy!

message 33: by Rhea (new) - added it

Rhea (rh3a) | 1 comments Yeah, the shipping rates really suck! I still hope to see it available at the Book Depository.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Are mods eligible for entry?

Midnight_Kiss wrote: "Are mods eligible for entry?"

You can. I can't.

message 36: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin (readermom4) | 2 comments I would love to get a signed copy of Angelfall because this book has just blown through my list of top 10 books!! Angelfall is brilliantly written, thrilling, heart wrenching, scary, butterfly-inducing, addicting...it's just awesome!!! I love this book, I'm in awe of Susan Ee, and it would be such an honor to have a copy of this amazing book that's actually been signed by her!!!

jesse i want to have a physical copy. i need to have a physical copy. it's in the best of 2011 books, seriously awesome stuff. i hope to read more of the "albino" angel, he was real interesting!

message 38: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel (lemonie) | 75 comments The reason why I want this book is because I want to smell the print on the pages when I turn them. I want to caress the binding and beautiful cover. I want to experience this book. Ereaders are not the same. Susan's autograph would be the icing on the cake for me - but mostly I just want to treasure this book and be able to hand it down to my daughters when they are old enough to read it.

Dandelion | 39 comments the reviews are so good ~ i want to read it ~

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love a physical copy because I loved this book and it honestly restored my faith in YA books in 2011. I found the genre getting really stale and nothing was appealing to me, and this was the first book in a long time I couldn't stop reading and was really excited about. Finally there was a novel that portrayed angels in interesting way and also diverse in their physical appearance. I liked how the heroine had a higher purpose that wasn't TWU LUV and could do things for herself. I loved this book so much I started a group for it and will always be a fan of Susan and her work. All in all, Angelfall is an amazing book and unlike anything I have ever read!

message 41: by L (new) - rated it 5 stars

L (perceneige) | 1 comments Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

Because Angelfall is one of my all-time favourite books. That's why I just need to have a paperback version in my bookshelf as well :)

message 42: by Sherbie (last edited Mar 09, 2012 11:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sherbie (herpassion) | 2 comments Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

Hello! I dont know how to make this sound fancy or poetic to express how much I love this story. But if I am beyond lucky to win a signed copy of Angelfall, I'll be forever proud of it. It'll be the first signed copy on my possession, thus, will have a profound and special place on my heart and my bookshelf. Ebook copies are good, but I know you know nothing beats an actual physical book <3

Janis | 1 comments I would LOVE to win an autographed copy of a book that is destined to be read and reread,shared, borrowed and coveted by readers of all ages! Truly a well crafted story which stays with you long after you've turned the last page. To say I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel would be an understatement indeed.

message 44: by Amber J. (last edited Mar 09, 2012 10:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amber J. (agent0017) | 8 comments Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

I know many paranormal fiends are into vampires, weres, and zombies; but my lit addiction is angelology. I like Ee's interpretation of Archangels, Angels, Watchers, and Nephilim (and that her depiction is based on different religious texts). I also love that she basically offered us a how-to guide on surviving an apocalypse through the choices, actions, and mistakes Pen and Raphael make along the way.

We already know Ee will write more books, better books (even though it's hard to imagine something better than this), but Angelfall will always be the first, and I would be honored to have the introduction to this amazing series with her signature.

message 45: by Ain (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ain (sanzo_reload) | 1 comments Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?
Because I'm REALLY REALLY obsessed with the book, so I need a physical copy of the book to sleep with at night! I want to be able to hold this awesomeness in my hands.

message 46: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat (bookbarrio) I want it because I can't find it in any of the bookstores in my country and owning the ebook is just not enough!! I re-read most of the books that i really like and angelfall would definitely be re-read worthy. Plus it's autographed!

Bernadette | 1 comments I want a copy of Susan Ee's Angelfall book because it's the best dystopian-angel book i've read. I love the concept of the archangels and i love how the plot is built up throughout the story. I want a signed copy because I want to keep it forever and read it over and over again!!! to be able to keep it like a treasure! In short, I want a signed copy because I love angelfall! :D

Stephanie | 1 comments It is one of my favorite YA books, the story was really interesting, refreshing, well developed, surprising, funny, sad, original... take your pick. I absolutely adored the characters and I love the cover. I WANT IT

message 49: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate | 1 comments I really love the combination of angels, apocalypse, and a smidgen of romance to keep it interesting. I also find the characters to be very real and have depth.

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1 comments Why do you want an autographed paperback copy of Angelfall by Susan Ee?

Well were do i start, this book was an amazing read, as soon as I opened the first page I was so hooked, susan sucked me into the world and refused to let me go. Her world building was utterly capivating and the story is such a fresh change from all the rest of the stuff of the market. I just love love love it! I only ever get or keep paperbacks of the books i know I will read again and this is one of those books, but I cant get a copy from the U.K amazon yet and its driving me nuts haha!! I would love a signed copy of the book to add to my collection of amazing books. But I have to say Angelfall hah become one of my favourites :) Well done susan!

« previous 1