TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Law & Order Shows

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Anyone else still watch the original Law & Order? We DVR it so I tend to watch them when I can but....well I'm really diggin' Lupo.

I have an odd observational question. I've noticed the "personal" touches in the DA's and ADA's offices. Always thought that was a neat touch but one item always catches my eye and has me very curious.....

In ADA Cutter's office he has this large scale model of a white interior stair well.
Any ideas what this is or represents?

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie So are we going to get more Lupo in the fall?

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments I haven't had a chance to watch much of Law & Order this season... catching them in reruns... love the two younger detectives...

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments ditto, Heidi.
I do love Lupo, though

message 5: by Holli (new)

Holli Law And Order: LA has been cancelled.....

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli Just in time for NBC’s upfront presentation on Monday, Law & Order:SVU star Mariska Hargitay has closed a new deal to return for its upcoming 13th season — but there’s a catch.
Around midseason, Hargitay’s Olivia Benson will pass the baton on to a new female detective — possibly played by Jennifer Love Hewitt. Meanwhile, SVU‘s leading man Christopher Meloni still has no deal for next season.

Going into the contract negotiations, Hargitay had asked to scale back her workload on the show. The producers granted her request, reducing her hours but keeping her salary roughly the same at $385,000 an episode. For the first 13 episodes, Hargitay’s character will continue to solve sex crimes alongside Elliot Stabler, pending Meloni closing his deal. Then Benson will be promoted to a supervisor position, with a new female detective taking her place. That is the role that producers are eying for Hewitt, who, ironically, guest-starred on SVU last fall as a rape victim.

As for Meloni, whose current salary is the same as Hargitay’s, I hear the actor is seeking a raise. Talks with NBC, however, are moving slowly, so it doesn’t look like he will have a deal before NBC’s upfront. The last time Hargitay and Meloni’s contracts were up two years ago they didn’t sign new pacts until the end of June.

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Jennifer Love Hewitt? Are you kidding me? Oh brother. I haven't watched SVU in ages but still...

Funny, I forgot about Ghost Whisperer. Never even noticed when it got canceled. Or did I?

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli I still miss it.... I like her and I loved that show.

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments See I was never a fan of her. She is a good actress in the sense she can do the tough scenes but she always bugged me. But I dealt with it because I liked the show. Whatever happened in the end? I totally forgot. Did they have a big series finale or did it fade because it got cancelled at the last minute?

message 10: by Holli (new)

Holli The Shinies and the Shadows fought and Aidan decided to not let go of his powers as he got older.... Melinda and Jim said they would support him. That's about all I can remember.

message 11: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Hmf. I wonder if I missed that episode.

message 12: by Holli (last edited May 25, 2011 10:25AM) (new)

Holli Exclusive: Chris Meloni Exits Law & Order: SVU
from TVLine by Matt Webb Mitovich

Chris Meloni will not be reporting back for duty when Law & Order: Special Victims Unit launches its 13th season this fall, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Protracted talks between the actor — who has played Detective Stabler since the NBC crime drama’s 1999 debut — and studio NBC Universal broke down on Tuesday, says a source. Franchise creator Dick Wolf is said to already be searching for a big name to bring in opposite the series’ female lead, Mariska Hargitay.

Hargitay’s own deal to return for Season 13 remains unaffected.

Just last week, new NBC boss Robert Greenblatt told TVLine he felt the network was in “pretty great shape” as far as Meloni’s prospective deal goes, though he did allow for the possibility of SVU one day moving forward minus its two original leads. In fact, there was very recently talk that Jennifer Love Hewitt (Ghost Whisperer) might join the series midway through the coming season to replace Hargitay.

“Jennifer Love is somebody we’ve been circling,” Greenblatt told us, “but I don’t know that that is going to happen at all.”

An NBC spokesperson had no comment for this story.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine I cannot image L&O:SVU without either Meloni or Hargitay. Maybe its time to retire this show.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan I agree Christine! I love Liv and Elliot!!!

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine I think the whole franchise has run its course. I know for years it has been NBC's bread and butter but with the failure of L&O:LA, it has to be a pretty good hint that we, as viewers, have seen it all and want something new and please don't be another "reality" show. I have had my fill of those too.

message 16: by Mary JL (new)

Mary JL (maryjl) | 26 comments I agree it will not feel like L&O:SVU without Liv and Elliott. They just work so smoothly together! Their scenes are great!

And Yes, if I were NBC, after 13 years, I'd start looking for something new also!

message 17: by Kuki (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments I do like Danny Pino, I think he and Mariska could be a good team

message 18: by Kuki (last edited Nov 30, 2011 09:36PM) (new)

Kuki (goodreadscomkuki) | 163 comments Anyone watch Law and Order SVU tonight (11/30)? Very sad that things like this happen in real life. You never know who your neighbor can be

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (sjhensley) | 928 comments I just started watching the original Law & Order on Netflix. I really enjoy this classic!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments That was a great series. I still miss it.

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan you can always find it on on the weekends. We still love it!