The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Love Triangles

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ I think they are mostly a entertainment tool :)

Elia I don't know... I've been in a couple and it suuuuucks just as much in real life as in books :(

Annabel ♥ I think there are a lot of stories about love triangles (Hunger Games, Twilight, etc.) but I don't think it happens all that much in real life, either. There's something very... satisfying and engrossing reading about a love triangle. It keeps you very aware. So that's why I think they're so popular in books and movies. They definitely happen in real life occasionally, but I think there are more books ABOUT love triangles than there are, well, say, love triangles in real life.

Daisy It happened to my best friend once and it it does suck because their was two girls wanting one guy and the guy was stupid and didn't pick my friend but in the end they were together and then they got married! And I think it does seem like it doesn't happen a lot but it really does think about it you don't know everything that is going on in the world, and I think authors some what get their stories from things that they have experienced or what the dream about!

Daisy Charlotte -awesome&uknowit- wrote: "I think they are mostly a entertainment tool :)"

And yes people tend to like love triangles and if you have a good story line then the book has great potential!!

message 7: by Nick (last edited Feb 26, 2012 07:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick I don't see the appeal of the love triangle as a plot device to be honest; it feels really overused and is one of the few things that brought The Hunger Games series down for me. Then again, I'm a guy so that might have something to do with it...

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ I agree that they are overused, and when one starts I just let out a big sigh. But I don't know if being a guy changes anything.

Emily I'd agree with the last few comments that love triangles are overused, and really kind of irritating. I suppose maybe they exist in some circumstances in real life, but I feel like they've got to be rare. I guess I just don't understand not being able to distinguish whom you have greater feelings for; it just seems like it would simply be one or the other, right? (:

Daisy Yeah they're but then again people are running out if stories only every once in a while their is a good book released to the public and people these days (most, including me) get really picky on what they read, and I say out of the people in the world who read, girls read more...... but thats because of all the romance books these days.. I say guys like action more (I like action and Romance combined)........

Monica In reality i dont think they happen much would probably lead to alot of unwanted drama. In books i think like someone said above they r a tool but often in my opinion will ruin a book since most r predictable from book one of most series i have read including the hunger game series.

message 13: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya Ive never heard of anyone in one so i guess there just for show. Which im glad because i hate love triangles, beacause you break someones heart whoever you pick. :(

message 14: by C.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.D. Hussey A love triangle is an easy way to add drama, but it also adds to the fantasy. One woman, two men fighting over/for her because she's just soooo desirable...

Kirby I've had one, and know several people who have...I think they're generally a lot messier in real life- and don't usually end so nicely- but they do exist...