Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please separate

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara | 54 comments This book http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/85... should not have been combined with the editios of Speaches that changed the world.

Although the portuguese title Discursos que mudaram o mundo can be translated as Speaches that changed the world they are NOT the same book.

The portuguese book is a compilation of several speaches including portuguese politician speaches.

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I've split it out and added a note for other librarians. Is the name of the editor of this book correct, José Manuel-Diogo?

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara | 54 comments Yes, the name is correct.

Not sure about his role though, he basically was the guy that chose the speaches.

I'm trying to correct this entire collection, alot of hard work specially with the correction of info.

Thnaks for your help i dont know why but goodreads was not allowing to separete the books, only the book in question showed in the list all the other books with which it was combined were not shown.

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It was probably not showing correctly on the author combine pages because the editions had different author names. Generally, if you're trying to separate out an edition which had an incorrect author, it's easier if you get the editions split, then change the author, then do any necessary re-combining. In this case, I used the edition separation page, I think, which shows all editions regardless of author. (You can get to it by the "other editions" link and then the "separate" link on the sidebar. Handy for these situations!)

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 54 comments Thank you Cait! I didn't thought in that option....but I was getting so frustrated correction the collection that probably it just skipped my mind to do it that way.

I don't know if you notice but i added the official link to this particular collection so librarians can check it in case of doubts.

message 6: by Brad (new)

Brad Keena | 2 comments In trying to combine editions of the same book, I seem to have combined all three books into one, but am unable to separate them. Here's where it ended: https://www.goodreads.com/book/combin....
What I've trying to do is combine editions of each book into the three separate books each with combined editions. Is this possible?

message 7: by Catalina (new)

Catalina | 2065 comments Got 6

message 8: by Brad (new)

Brad Keena | 2 comments Wonderful! Thank you.