Q&A with Stacia Kane discussion

The Brave Tale of Maddie Carver (Downside Ghosts #0.1)
This topic is about The Brave Tale of Maddie Carver
THE SHORTS > The Brave Tale of Maddie Carver

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 5 comments This one is a really short one, but I loved getting this glimpse of the past during the first few hours of Haunted Week. We also get a glimpse of a certain character that Chess admires. :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ i thought this was kinda creepy...LOL.

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 5 comments It's supposed to be creepy - the dead have come back and are killing people. ;)

message 5: by Mona (last edited Mar 21, 2012 09:38PM) (new)

Mona Bliss (missblissreads) | 75 comments I loved this for the back story info...for the flavor of the beginnings of The Church of Truth.

SassyC | 10 comments I'm looking for this one. Only available on Stacia's website? Thanks!!

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 148 comments Yup, as far as I know, only though her website. It is free though!

SassyC | 10 comments Found it on her site, thanks! Very creepy ... members of The Church had already formed quite an organized network before Haunted Week. I would love more background in future books, the more I read about The Church the more I wonder about its true mission and motives.

message 9: by Stacia (new) - added it

Stacia Kane (staciakane) | 157 comments Mod
The Church started during the Salem Witch Trials; it was basically a backlash against them, but of course, kept very secret because of the possibility of being burned at the stake and all. :-) That's the reason for the clothes and manner of speech; they're traditions that have been carried since the beginning.

THE BRAVE TALE is also available on Smashwords. I tried to upload it to Amazon but they wouldn't let me make it free, and I couldn't possibly charge for it; it's only like 3k words!

(Incidentally, I made the cover for it and was/am really proud of it; it may not be the greatest cover in the world or anything but I was really pleased with it!)

Sarah (SB) ღ | 91 comments I love that cover! Seriously!

message 11: by SassyC (last edited May 07, 2012 10:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

SassyC | 10 comments Thanks Stacia. When you write about about the tight structure and control of the The Church, I find myself holding my breath and watching my posture. There is almost a feeling of panic for Chess sometimes, a balance between obligation because they 'saved' her and wanting to run from the place. No wonder Chess can't live among them. :)

Great cover!