Teen Writers discussion

Writing Ideas

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone needs some inspiration when writers block hits. What are some of your favorite things to write about?

message 2: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (last edited Apr 01, 2012 04:49PM) (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 3 comments My favourite thing to write about... I like writing about personal experiences. Or rather, exxagerations of past experiences or emotions. I find that it is easier to write a good story when you know what it's like.

Other then that, I like writing about little kids... I tend to overexagerate the cuteness, and it generally turns out to be really good.

Midnight Walker | 1 comments I like to write about intense stuff for instance I'm trying to write a story about a girl with schizophrenia but I've relished I should have done some research, I lik romance, thrillers and paranormal stuff so I try to write stories about that and yes personal experiences are good

Anyone got any ideas or tips for me? :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

If you want to be inspired, don't force inspiration to come. When I need some inspiring, I like to go outside, or just relax and let my mind wander. Always have a notepad handy for spur-of-the-moment ideas you don't want to forget.

Sometimes writing exercises help, too. Just a simple paragraph where you exaggerate and string together awesome sentences can get the juices flowing. You could describe a scene, an object, some sort of action scene, anything, really. Who knows--maybe that simple paragraph you write will turn out to be the base of a whole novel!

message 5: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) K.J Stormy wrote: "I like to write about intense stuff for instance I'm trying to write a story about a girl with schizophrenia but I've relished I should have done some research, I lik romance, thrillers and paranor..."

Research is pretty easy, try the Mayo Clinic's website for information on any illness.

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I like to write about just nearly anything. When I have writers block I sit down and write something else in a free write. For example, I will pick a random object and write about it, that normally helps me get rid of my writer's block on the piece I am writing.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm Alexa, and I love to write romance and action. I also like writing about candy. (I know random)

message 8: by Julian (new)

Julian | 2 comments I like writing about speculative fiction, in general, with more emphasis on the social side.

message 9: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Alexa wrote: "Hi I'm Alexa, and I love to write romance and action. I also like writing about candy. (I know random)"

That is random but random is normally great :)

message 10: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Julian wrote: "I like writing about speculative fiction, in general, with more emphasis on the social side."

Okay on the risk of sounding naive, what is speculative fiction?

message 11: by Ki (new)

Ki ❝The Book Scavenger❞ (kireebonds) I usually try to let the words come to me. Like now I am writing three different srories but I keep cjanging my openings to see which fit. Its hard but ideas R Key! ;)

message 12: by Andie (new)

Andie Samar (andiesamar) Always something with love, or something that i know people will love, personally i write about dystopia or real life stuff. You know, young love or so.

message 13: by Tiani (new)

Tiani I like to write fantasy or adventure. I've currently got writters block but it's still a lot of fun.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Baroom (never-forget) | 2 comments I like to write about life lessons I leaded and change them into fantasy , science fiction ,or just realistic fiction.