The Sword and Laser discussion

Scifi / Fantasy News > Hollywood Fantasy Movie will Help Homeless Families

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited Feb 24, 2012 02:39PM) (new)

Lynn Hardy (lynnhardy) | 8 comments The Prophecy Project will created a Fantasy/Romance movie from the Kindle Bestseller, Prophecy of the Flame. 100% of the author proceeds from this book, including the author proceeds from the movie, will go to a non-profit that helps homeless families with children get a warm bed for their kids.

We just heard from a MAJOR DIRECTOR, one who was nominated for an ACADEMY AWARD... Hollywood is watching the kickstarter event we launched to see if there is support for the Prophecy Project. If the event is a success and shows that thousands of people are waiting for the movie then the big boys will come in with millions to make a fantastic, blockbuster movie!

What can you do? Check out our Goodreads event for all the details:

http://www.goodreads.com/event/show/2...

message 2: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments I appreciate that the author is giving the proceeds to charity and find it admirable but this post still has the feel of spam.

message 3: by Lynn (last edited Feb 24, 2012 12:51PM) (new)

Lynn Hardy (lynnhardy) | 8 comments Nick wrote: "I appreciate that the author is giving the proceeds to charity and find it admirable but this post still has the feel of spam."

Oh.. ouch... How does one keep it from having a "Spam" feel? Or what gives it a "spam" feel?

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Read this thread to find out.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hardy (lynnhardy) | 8 comments I have to admit, I used to frequent this forum quite a bit, but since this whole movie thing came up, well, I've been too busy to enjoy myself at forums.

My passion - my dedication - has always been to help families who have lost their jobs and don't even have a warm bed for their kids.

When I got the news yesterday, that this Kickstarter test I am doing would be more like a real test - well, I panicked. I visited every forum I use to frequent to try and spread the word.

I gotta tell you, if my ego were any bigger I'd be hurt that no one remembers me from last spring... lol... But a few dozen post among thousands - no, not too memorable.

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Lynn wrote: "I have to admit, I used to frequent this forum quite a bit, but since this whole movie thing came up, well, I've been too busy to enjoy myself at forums.

My passion - my dedication - has always b..."

You've made 6 posts total. Not much in the way of participation before plugging your book.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hardy (lynnhardy) | 8 comments Ah, and that's what I get for being in a hurry... It was the Fantasy forum were I moderated a discussion on L.E. Modesit JR., not this one...

I can delete this post from this forum if it is offensive.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelbetts) I think we'll get over it :P This is a good idea though, so I wish you luck in your endeavor!