Hunger Games discussion

Hunger Games Movie > Who should play Delly Cartwright?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 1 comments Who do you think should play Delly Cartwright? My choice is Courtney Merritt. You can even see a picture of her as Delly for an upcoming fan film here- www.indiegogo.com/StarSquad
I think Courtney would be a fantastic choice!
She is a rising star in television, having already starred in “Working Class” as Pam Mitchell on CMT and plays Alan Tudyk's daughter, Jenna Werner, on the hit ABC comedy “Suburgatory.” Previously, she starred as Lil’ P in the Comedy Central web series, “Video Game Reunion,” and many other successful independent films and TV appearances. You can see more pics and info on her on imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1626150/

What are your thoughts/choices?

message 2: by Firefox (new)

Firefox | 33 comments I agree. I also think that Allie Grant would make a good Delly. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1872782/

message 3: by Tanvira (new)

Tanvira (tanvira12) | 10 comments Aren't these star squad guys just looking for money? i prefer the second pic,Lauren. Im not really that sure what i want in Delly because I keep thinking of Lavinia. I liked her...i got sad when she and Darius died(specially cuz i have a nephew named Darius who almost fits the description)

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) I think Elle Fanning would make a good Delly!

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma | 1 comments I personally think that Taylor Swift would be great ! Just because she looks the part and her personality is just like Delly's ! Let me know if you guys agree or not

message 6: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Lauren (laurengibson) | 3009 comments Mod
Those are some good ones.

message 7: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

I agree with Emma.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait...they cut Madge, who's to say they won't cut Delly?

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 2311 comments Mod
*gasp* Oh noes!

message 10: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) Taylor swift would but dakoata fanning too..

message 11: by Lauren, Head Gamemaker (new)

Hey... didn't think about that one. Nice thinking Snickerdoodle.

message 12: by Liana (new)

Liana Liana (lianaleiluayahoocom) I'm just hoping they don't pull a "Madge" on Delly and completely scratch her out. I'd probably never forgive Suzanne Collins or Lionsgate if they did.

message 13: by l (last edited Jul 14, 2012 06:08AM) (new)

l I personally think they're going to cut Delly out of it. She isn't important to the storyline and it would be easy to do. It's the same way they cut out Madge, Lavinia and (probably) Darius.

I can't even picture in my head what Catching Fire and Mockingjay are going to look like. They have a completely different mood to them, if you get what I mean. And especially since there'll be a new director, and there's going to be much more special effects than The Hunger Games (with the monkeys, mockingjays, fog, blood rain etc.) I just don't know what to expect.

I also can't picture mockingjay, it just seems strange if they had it in the same mood as the first movie.

message 14: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Lydia (lydiapatch) | 1015 comments Mod
Yeah that should be more serious

message 15: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

The mockingjay movie I mean

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) It felt way to rushed to me. The entire arena/actually in the HG was 15 days (I counted once....). In the movie it was like 3! And Cato's death was supposed to be like 2 hours but Katniss basically just killed him on the spot! I was like, um what?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

They cut some really important things!! Like, Cato killed Thresh!! Thresh didn't get killed by those weird mutt things!! And the mutts didn't even look like the dead tributes!! It was way too rushed. I can't wait for Catching Fire (movie) to come out because Catching Fire was my favorite of the three. But their probably cut stuff from that too. Mockingjay might be a little different since I heard it's two parts (haha that's kind of typical for series finales).

message 18: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

It's all the rage, or haven't you heard. ;)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 36 comments If they're going to be splitting a movie into two parts, it makes more sense to do it with catching fire becaus you could do pre-quarter quell, and then the quarter quell. Mockingjay could just be a longer movie, I dont see the storyline long enough for two parts.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I think its funny near the end when Katniss pulls out the berries and she's counting to 3 and Peeta touches her braid. LOL it's like the last thing he says to her is "nice hair".

message 21: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

I think it was more of a gesture of like, willingness, and complete love...

message 22: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Huh? No. Not a single ounce of offense was taken... I guess I'm just not to great with words... sorry about that, I was just saying what I thought. I did laugh at your thought though. :)

Wynter wrote: "I think its funny near the end when Katniss pulls out the berries and she's counting to 3 and Peeta touches her braid. LOL it's like the last thing he says to her is "nice hair"."

I thought that too

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) That is very pretty!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you so much Sarah!! :)

That is pretty!

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) You are very welcome!

message 28: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Is your actual name wynter?

That's cool, you were born in Christmas eve. And Wynter is a really pretty name. That's sad they can't spell it though!

Some of My friends only learned how to spell my name a few years ago. They'd spell it Charolette. (It's Charlotte)

There are none in my state :p

Wynter wrote: "Oh, Charlotte is really pretty!
I really am 11. But they wouldn't let me get on Goodreads unless i was 13. But i think that's mean because 11 year olds have a lot to say! And even though Hunger Gam..."

Aw you have a lot to say! Go 11-year-olds! :)
I'm turning 15

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

My sister is turning 16 and she's getting way pshyched about her sweet 16.

message 33: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Haha on the ninth I am turning 15. And for my best frienda sweet sixteen we are going to spend the day at Cedar Point. =)

message 34: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Wynter wrote: "yeah haha I get that a lot.
It's what my dad wanted to name me. I was born on Christmas Eve of 2000."

It's an amazing name.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) Why do we have to eat at Chick-Fil-A?

I just turned 13 a little over a month ago. 11 year olds do have a lot to say!

Lydia wrote: "Haha on the ninth I am turning 15. And for my best frienda sweet sixteen we are going to spend the day at Cedar Point. =)"

Yeah August birthday! I turned 15 yesterday.

message 37: by Serena (new)

Serena (coolx1234567890) | 10 comments Im 12 and but I was 11 when I read the books and so were my friends

message 38: by l (new)

l Even though I think Delly will be cut out of Mockingjay, I think AnnaSophia Robb would be a great Delly.

message 39: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ ❀Gale❀ wrote: "Lydia wrote: "Haha on the ninth I am turning 15. And for my best frienda sweet sixteen we are going to spend the day at Cedar Point. =)"

Yeah August birthday! I turned 15 yesterday."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

THANKS

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) I feel old hahaha I'm like 2 years older than everyone

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) I feel like I'm 2 years younger than everyone.

I guess I'm normal?

message 45: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

Sorry, I don't really like writing.

How does a reader not like writing? No offense!

Yeah awesome!

message 48: by Lydia, I love PSYCH (new)

...I like writing, a lot, but I can't just make something up out of the blue, I have to work on it, and process it before I feel confident enough in it to actually let other people read. Plus it makes my hands hurt.

message 49: by l (new)

l Anna wrote: "One question who is Delly Cartwright ?"

In the books, she is only mentioned in THG and is only physically in Mockingjay.

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) I think she was mentioned in Catching Fire as well.

« previous 1