the NEW philadelphia goodreader's group discussion

Philly news, sports, etc. > Pennsylvania Governor on "It's Your Call" with Lynne Doyle

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arminius (new)

Arminius I called and gave them my subject. They took my phone number and said they would give my question to the producer and call me back when they were ready to put me on. They never called.

While I was watching, and waiting, his comments made me amass more questions so I guess it was good that I never got on.

message 2: by Arminius (new)

Arminius My original question that I was going to ask but never had the chance:

"Hello Lynn, Hello Governor, Governor how do you think the President-Elect's trade and cap policy will impact Pennsylvania's coal industry and energy independence?"

message 3: by Arminius (new)

Arminius I surmise his answer. Hi Arminius, the trade and cap will produce clean energy and be more valuable. Coal will then reap profits.

Arminius's reply: Governor, this will be very costly to coal. They would have to buy a permission to meet standards hard to meet.

Lynne, Thank you Arminius.
Arminius, wait Lynne I am not finished. Click.

Lynne: Thanks again Arminius. Governor what do you make of Arminius's point?

Governor: Well Armin gives good points but if you look at Canada they are seeing record coal sales because of cap and trade. (Or some other load of nonsense).

message 4: by Arminius (last edited Dec 09, 2008 11:44AM) (new)

Arminius Mistake number 1 by the Governor and former mayor on the show.

On commenting on President-elect Obama's planned tax increase. The governor states something along the lines of "Bill Clinton raised taxes during the bad economy of the early 1990's on the top 2% and we had record growth afterwards."

Well the economy was growing at 6% when President Clinton took office. So, the more correct answer would be President Clinton's tax increase did not hurt the economy.