A Discovery of Witches (All Souls, #1) A Discovery of Witches discussion

Who Will Play Diana??

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley Gingell I've had my fair share of ideas for Matthew, Clive Owen being my first, but I really cannot picture a great Diana! Any ideas?

Jessica I think about this also! I have a picture in my head but I haven't found the actress, yet.

message 3: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy G. I think some one like Blake Lively would be a good pick.

message 4: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy G. or Rachel Mcadams

message 5: by Ray (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ray Campbell Blake Lively does sophisticated, capable and strikingly attractive quite well and would be a good choice, but I think Emma Stone, would bring more warmth to the part.

Kari Gritzan I think Claire Danes would be great in the part! But she bugs me. :P Still, she'd be great. She wouldn't take the part, though.

message 7: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy G. Ray wrote: "Blake Lively does sophisticated, capable and strikingly attractive quite well and would be a good choice, but I think Emma Stone, would bring more warmth to the part."

I find Emma Stone to look way too young to play the part.
I just can't see her playing another witch.

Nicky I recently saw someone suggest Claire Danes, and since then I have become convinced she would be great for Diana. I think Blake Lively and Emma Stone are too young looking. They can still play "teenager", but Claire Danes has a maturity to her - in addition to her AMAZING acting skills.

Nikki I know they are both too young, but I kept envisioning Holliday Grainger and Amanda Seyfried as Diana. But towards the end of A Discovery of Witches Diana, I felt, became increasingly more juvenile in her relationship with Matthew which, I think, is what helped fuel my choices.

Kristy Sartain The actress that is closest to the Diana in my head is Hilary Swank

Jessica Kristy Sartain- wrote: "The actress that is closest to the Diana in my head is Hilary Swank"

Oh!! Hilary Swank is very interesting!!

message 12: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I can see Claire Danes to now that it's been mentioned.. I think Blake lively and Emma stone are to young as Diana is a lot older and needs some one more mature. What about malin ackerman or someone simila

Jessica I just read a article on Kate Beckinsale...after looking at her pictures I kind of like her for the part.

Lissa Emma Watson played a great witch in Harry Potter and I think she would make a good Diana. Maybe not old enough but she fits the description.