Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
This topic is about Anna and the French Kiss
Romance > Anna and the French Kiss

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brandi (librandian) | 206 comments I just finished listening to the audio for this book. I was happily surprised. I'm not much of a romance reader, but every once in a while I grab one to see what's going on.

I really enjoyed Anna as a character, even though she could be so annoying at times. The fact is, Perkins nailed the typical teenage girl. Anna is exactly how I remember girls from my high school acting when it can to guy-obsessions.

Etienne is one of my new YA dream guys. I would love to hang out with him, drink some coffee, and discuss just about anything.

I also really enjoyed the fact that the story took place in France. It made a pretty average plot much more interesting with the French setting.

I highly recommend this title...even for the non-romance fans.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 70 comments I like romance but read more historical novels, fantasy, and supernatural things. I did not expect to really like this book because not interested in France and not much of anything else really drew me to it - except my Goodreads friends raving about it. I bought it and let it sit here until my 17 year old granddaughter came to visit and she read it - and raved about it. We read a lot of the same things so I picked it up - and could not put it down. It's just a good read.

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments It was SOOO CUTE!! AND there's a sequel! Lola and the Boy Next Door! It was adorable, too! Plus, Anna and Etienne are in it! :)

Jessika (jessalittlenerdy) I adored this book! I wasn't sure that I was going to, just because everyone was raving about it and it seemed too cutesy for me, but boy was I wrong! I ended up loving it, and it is now one of my favorites. I have yet to read Lola, although it is high on my TBR list!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 70 comments I didn't like Lola nearly as well but the best part is that Anna and Etienne are there and not just incidental. You really get to see how their relationship has grown.

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments That's funny, because I think I liked Lola better... *shrugs* But yes, they're actually IN the book, they don't just make a 5-second appearance, which was really great!

Brandi (librandian) | 206 comments I didn't realize that Anna and Etienne were in Lola. That definitely just jumped higher on my "want to read" list.