Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Guardians of Ascension by Caris Roane?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Has anyone read these books? What did you think of them? I'm thinking about buying the set but I've never heard of them or the author and would like some opinions.

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) I've read the series to date and thought they were terrific! It's definitely a new take on the vampire but very enjoyable.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I struggled though the first book despite its potential.
The writing is excessively descriptive and repetitious, often focusing on irrelevant issues. While the relationship between the hero and heroine is steamy, the romance and chemistry is lacking in appeal.
I may continue reading because I liked the world building and the secondary character, Marcus, whose book is next. It's not a priority though.

I wouldn't buy the whole set. Rather get the first book and decide for yourself whether or not you want to continue.

message 4: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments Unlike Lauren, I loved the first book, Ascension (The World of Ascension #1) by Caris Roane . It got me hooked on the series. The only book I had trouble with was Born of Ashes (The World of Ascension #4) by Caris Roane , but that was totally worth it for the beginning of Thorne's story. I can't wait for Obsidian Flame (The World of Ascension #5) by Caris Roane !

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments I found the first book to be overlong. I feel that she could have cut the story down and explained more about the world. I found the ideas interesting, and I liked the relationship between the H/h. I am most interested in Thorne at this point.