Halo (Halo, #1) Halo discussion

Halo Discussion

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley *CAUTION! You are about to enter a SPOILER zone! Enter at your own risk!*

Erin I loved this book! It was so great and cool! I loved the plot

Courtney I loved it, I just don't understand why everyone on Goodreads who reviewed it seems to hate it.

Amber Courtney wrote: "I loved it, I just don't understand why everyone on Goodreads who reviewed it seems to hate it."

Yeah. I wasn't going to read it because of it's reviews. Lucky I did, I loved it, I thought it was fantastic!

Fatema i loved it and thought it was a great romance i also dont understand why every review on goodreads hates on it

Erin I know! Everyone hated it and was annoyed with Bethany and I didnt find her annoying at all! I loved the Romance and thought it was one a kind!

message 7: by Ria (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ria i loved it! bethany wasn't annoying! it was a little bit too much like twilight, but that's probably why i liked it :)

Marisa I read Halo and I loved it, but, now I am reading Hades and it's just dragging. I have no motivation to read it because it is not catching my interest. Bethany is way to innocent to be believable.

Erin Marisa wrote: "I read Halo and I loved it, but, now I am reading Hades and it's just dragging. I have no motivation to read it because it is not catching my interest. Bethany is way to innocent to be believable."

The end is so worth it in Hades!! You will be shocked what happens!

Isabelle love the book best book in the whole entire universe
better than i have ever read

Sammi I don't understand why people hate Bethany? Someone please enlighten me?

violet I didnt really like it that much. It was an ok read. After I read it I didnt lay in bed and think about the book and characters instead the next day I forgot about it.

Isabelle maybe because they didn't enjoy the book and they thought that bethany was to good anf boring

Sammi Yea but Bethany was a Angel, she's supposed to be good, or am I just thinking too much into it.

message 15: by Mandy97 (new)

Mandy97 I actually really liked this book, despite the endless reviews stating how terrible this book is on goodreads. There were some parts that were a bit frustrating, like when she first met Jake, I couldnt understand how she hadn't figured it out yet! And from then until they went to the cemetery(trying not to include too many details) it was a bit dragging. But all-in-all, it was a good book, and I enjoyed reading it.

message 16: by Mandy97 (new)

Mandy97 Oh yeah, another thing. Two songs I really like for this book would be "angels on the moon" and "kiss it better" however, if you cry easily and don't necessarily like crying when listening to songs(or however you put it) I wouldn't listen to kiss it better.

Nabila I loved it! It's too good to pass up, and once you pick it up you cannot put it down. Reminds me of starcrossed, but stands out on its own. I recommend it to anyone who seeks romance, comedy, and angels.

message 18: by Francesca (last edited Nov 17, 2012 07:33AM) (new)

Francesca I'm not trying to be a hater, but I really did not like it. Beathany was childish and oblivious, Xavier was more like her father than her boyfriend (in a VERY bad way) and Jake was the flattest villain I've ever encountered. Even Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants was more developed.

There was no plot. Bethany and Xavier fall in TRUE LOVE way too fast, and then suddenly there's Jake. Even the climax was laughably lame. I honestly found this book funny because of how cheesy and Mary Sue-ish this was.

I have no idea what actually makes people like this book. Not a clue... Can anyone explain this to me? Please?

Jmackarla "Even Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants was more developed."

So true. I really didn't like the book...

message 20: by Rhye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rhye Chambers i loved this book and infact i LOVED the whole series. i couldnt put the book down and i actually stayed up till 3:30am on a skool night to finish Halo because i couldnt wait till the morning to start reading again.... if that isnt devotion i have no idea what is :D best book i have read yet!!!

Shugufa One of the greatest books ever!! Luved it!! I just finished the second one and it was just as great as the first one!! I can't wait to read the next one!!

Cassie Did anyone besides me start crying when, in the third book, *SPOILER* Xavier "died?" And then at the end of the third book, didn't it seem rushed? Oh. And at the end of the third book, did anyone start crying so badly they couldn't stop until they fell asleep? Cause I did all of these things. I never take the end of a good book kindly anymore. I always feel like crying and I, honestly, blame it on Heaven. I get so attached to the characters nowadays that it just seems so childish to want to cry at the end of a book. I get so attached that when the book ends, I have to tell myself that everything will be ok, but it doesn't work. Please anyone tell me if you had any problems after finishing Heaven or the series. I feel terrible every time I finish a book now. These were indeed very good books but I feel like crawling in a hole every time I finish any kind of book.

message 23: by Margarita (last edited Jan 02, 2013 06:25PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Margarita I've only read the first book and let me tell you that it was a really good read, leaving aside the fact that 3/4 of the book was about how Bethany wanted to "experience" human emotions and what not and her wanting Gabe and Ivy to allow her to be with Xavier knowing full well that that wasn't the reason she was sent to earth. I agree with other people that B+X developed "feelings" for each other WAY TO FAST. Totally cliché and unoriginal. Okay that is what I think so far and I don't wanna read any more of this post cuz I don't wanna ruin the ending *chuckles*. :D

message 24: by Margarita (last edited Jan 02, 2013 06:27PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Margarita Francesca wrote: "I'm not trying to be a hater, but I really did not like it. Beathany was childish and oblivious, Xavier was more like her father than her boyfriend (in a VERY bad way) and Jake was the flattest vil..."

I liked it but I have to agree with you. Their "so called romance" developed way to fast. The author made it out to where if Beth had met any other human boy, chances are, she might of fallen for that dude. Yeah and something that I didn't like about the series was that most of the book focused on "their problems" and not focusing on the other issues at hand which were to save "humanity and stuff.:D I'll continue reading this series cuz i'm just curious about how it'll end. Which will probably be Beth staying with Xavier and live a happy life...Blah blah blah