The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion


133 views
Gale is…

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Caroline Fill in the blanks


Anika Annoying


Megan a self-absorbed jerk(especially by the end of the series)!


Ciara At the beginning;
A caring friend
At the end;
A careless coward.
*SPOILER!*
I hate how, at the end of the final book, he runs off. That's when he's a coward.


Caroline Prims murder


KareB I like Gale a lot. He was a loyal friend, fearlessly fought by Katniss. And he kept her family alive for her while she had to be in the Hunger Games. He could have and even thought about volunteering to take Peeta's place, but knew he had to protect Katniss' family. He didn't run away at the end. He felt guilty for Prim's death, even though he didn't kill her intentionally. Neither Katniss or Gale know if it was his bomb, all that Katniss is sure of is that Coin sent the bombs in. And out of self feeling guilt, Gale knew that it would never be the same with Katniss so decided to serve District 2, loyal to their hard fought freedom. Sounds pretty loyal to Katniss to me.


KareB Michaela wrote: "Karen wrote: "I like Gale a lot. He was a loyal friend, fearlessly fought by Katniss. And he kept her family alive for her while she had to be in the Hunger Games. He could have and even thought..."

I think a lot of my like for Gale is that he was a hunter and valued Katniss for her skills as a hunter too. I think Peeta first liked her because she's pretty and he felt sorry for her. So I guess it goes back to their first attraction to Katniss


KareB I agree. I think that's also a reason I like Gale more. Katniss and Gale shared the same values, and niether one of them put each other as their center. Their families safety and freedom was their main focus, even though they knew they loved each other. But I know Peeta wanted that also, it just wasn't as intense.


KareB Well I guess for all of her suffering, that was her reward...two great guys that loved her in different ways. I doubt she would ever feel truly happy or free. I doubt any of them ever would, after the suffering they experienced.


KareB LOL...true. I thought, well at least Finnick and Annie will live happily ever after...but NOPE!


KareB ha ha. Makes you stop and think..."hmmm, maybe Haymich had the right idea all along." lol


Atlantic Gem A heartless jerk who doesn't deserve Katniss.


message 13: by Madii (last edited Feb 29, 2012 09:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madii @Marissa............ i agree with you there :D

yes, he is good looking, but a two-faced, seffish, popomtuouse jerk! just because a guy is hot, dosent make it okay to boss girls around. and if he truly cared for katniss, he would be happy for her! not running away, unable to face her because she went off with someone else!!!!!! o.O

......sorry for ranting but yeah...


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Misunderstood, realistic, kind, caring,rebellious etc etc.I don't think he is an evil jerk or anything though. If he was a jerk or heartless he wouldn't have provided for his family and kept Katniss's family alive, well minus the Prim situation obviously, which he didn't mean anyway.
He's my favourite in the series and i think that people need to try and see him the way few of us do. He is the way he is for a reason. I mean would you like to experience war and have your families survivial rest entirely on your shoulders and see how you handle it?
He is tough and cold because that's how he has to be to survive, just like Katniss.


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Madii wrote: "@Marissa............ i agree with you there :D

yes, he is good looking, but a two-faced, seffish, popomtuouse jerk! just because a guy is hot, dosent make it okay to boss girls around. and if he..."


I really don't see it that way. In the end he left because he knows Katniss better than anyone else and it's what she needed. As for the part where you said he left because he couldn't face her because she went off with someone else i really really don't see how you can say that. When Gale left she hadn't even chosen Peeta at all, Katniss never chose Peeta in the end. Peeta came to her. Gale had left before Peeta and Katniss got together. So how does that work? :S I
Haha sorry for my rambling but i just want to know where you got that idea from.


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Karen wrote: "I like Gale a lot. He was a loyal friend, fearlessly fought by Katniss. And he kept her family alive for her while she had to be in the Hunger Games. He could have and even thought about volunte..."

Agreed. I'm glad i'm not the only one who see's that :)


message 17: by Grace (last edited Feb 29, 2012 11:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Grace Karen wrote: "I like Gale a lot. He was a loyal friend, fearlessly fought by Katniss. And he kept her family alive for her while she had to be in the Hunger Games. He could have and even thought about volunte..."

I agree. However I don't get how if it was Gale's bomb, that would make Katniss, not want to be with him. Because even if it was Gale's, he still wouldn't have known that it would be let loose at that time and area. It is solely Coin's fault. I mean, who do you blame when someone is shot, the gun maker or the one who did the deed.


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Book Worm wrote: "Karen wrote: "I like Gale a lot. He was a loyal friend, fearlessly fought by Katniss. And he kept her family alive for her while she had to be in the Hunger Games. He could have and even thought..."

That's exactly how i see it too. I'd blame the one who did the deed. Plus didn't Betee make the bomb also? Yet everyone is only blaming Gale. I can't remember because i can't read the last book without wanting to throw something.


KareB I think everyone is blaming Gale. But I've never understood that either. Gale was doing what he thought would be in the best interest of all people to finally be free. I can understand him feeling self guilt because as humans we tend to beat ourselves up like that. But Katniss can't blame anyone besides the government for all of the deaths that she watched. Just like she wasn't to blame for any of the ones that died during The Games.


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Gale is...
Hot
Caring
Kind
Thoughtful
Loving
Funny
Amazing


Annabel ♥ A complete jerk.
Selfish.
Jealous.
Mean.
Hateful.
Annoying.

BUT BUT BUT...

He is for Katniss. More than Peeta is.


Emily Hot.


Annemarie Donahue pragmatic.


KareB Annemarie wrote: "pragmatic."

Good word, never would have come up with that, but fitting.


Annemarie Donahue Karen wrote: "Annemarie wrote: "pragmatic."

Good word, never would have come up with that, but fitting."


Thanks, I think he's not really moral or immoral, but rather amoral. He sees what's right and wrong, but weighs it against what he needs and doesn't need.


Jimmy a flat and boring character that doesn't develop through out the entire series


message 27: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna Caring, brave, nice, kindhearted and over all a very loving young man.


Abriel Sanabria cool


ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ Catherine wrote: "Caring, brave, nice, kindhearted and over all a very loving young man."

:)


Atlantic Gem Amanda wrote: "Madii wrote: "@Marissa............ i agree with you there :D

yes, he is good looking, but a two-faced, seffish, popomtuouse jerk! just because a guy is hot, dosent make it okay to boss girls aroun..."



HE KILLED PRIM!!!!!!!!


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter Marissa wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Madii wrote: "@Marissa............ i agree with you there :D

yes, he is good looking, but a two-faced, seffish, popomtuouse jerk! just because a guy is hot, dosent make it okay to b..."


OMG HE TOTALLY KILLED PRIM! *sarcasm*
Have you not read the book or something?
He made the bomb, yes. Did he set the bomb off? No.
Did he kill Prim? No.
Or do you need more explaining?
Stop using stupid excuses like this too hate him.


tcb4ts @Karen, i completely agree with you! people over think things and then assume that they know his intensions and that really annoys me. to be honest, if i were in his position i would run away too. he did what he thought was best for katniss and everyone else. katniss had peeta, she didnt need him. he felt guilty for prims dying from the bomb, and so he left.he did not kill prim,sure he made the bomb but it was coin who orderd it to be sent out it was not his fault. besides didnt beetee help make the bomb also? in my opinion he was kind, brave, loyal and a little selfish at times but then, arent we all? as amanda said,he could be cold and tough at times, but thats how he has to be in order to survive.


Madii okay yeah, you do make a valid point, :D
over all gale is an okay guy [and a hot one ;)] but there are somethings that annoys me, the same with peeta..... they are both selfless when it comes to katnip, but they hate each other, i dont understand why they just cant put asside their differences and get along..... but if i had to pick a fave i wouldent.... i will always pick finnick....
LONG LIVE THE SUGAR CUBE xD


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter I thought that Gale didn't hate Peeta? I remember a quote something like "it would be easier to hate him if he wasn't so nice".
I thought they got along quite well, under different circumstances i thought they could have had a bromance :D haha that would have been cool.


Madii hehe. i forgot about that quote....... awks on me xD
i just always got a vibe that they hated eachother...... :D


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter haha i think they secretly like each other, they're just jealous of each other i think :)


Madii teehee. that idea is so fetch
.
and true <3
.
they LOVE eachother ^.^
.
im trying to bring it back [fetch] ;DD
so spread the word :D


message 38: by tcb4ts (last edited Mar 08, 2012 02:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

tcb4ts never!! hehe XD LOLipops!
and i told you, im very good at what i do. and that is arguing, so ofcourse i have a valid point! XD


Madii your argument is invalid!!!!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wait,,, what was ur argument again???


tcb4ts i have absolutley no idea........... oh well XD


message 41: by Ryan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryan a bloody bastard, self absorbed, narcissistic jerk who i hate so much!!!


tcb4ts .....


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter haha, that is all.


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter tcb4ts wrote: "....."

That was my exact response.


Rachel Gale annoys me soo much!!!! He is selfish and sometimes mean and petty trying to win katniss when peeta is hurt!!!!! Gale is a tool!!!


Amanda (Gale's Chosen One) Potter How is Gale selfish? Are people reading a different book to me or something?
Because the words selfish don't come to my mind when I think of Gale.


Andreea Gale is....FRIENDZONED!


message 48: by tcb4ts (last edited Mar 08, 2012 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

tcb4ts Hannah wrote: "Gale is a friend and a good one at that, he's a very strong guy who I don't blame for leaving Katniss for a job, how could he stand by and watch Katniss be with Peeta, I think he was very brave to ..."

EXACTLY!
people say gale is this horrible person who is selfish and cold. but what about peeta??? is he really that nice? but in my opinion in the last book he was a self righteous jerk!!! people seem to think that gale is the bad guy in this, that peeta is the most amazing person and that he can do no wrong! i cant think of anything else to say because im too angry! im just about smashing my keyboard typing this!


message 49: by Madii (last edited Mar 08, 2012 05:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madii wow. gemma.... wow.
u look so calm when u are typing and then i read that ^.^

PEETA IS A JERK!!!!!! but so is gale... they share many qualities >.<


tcb4ts lol, yeah. im good at controlling my emotions ^.^ you would never know whats going on in my mind... XD
and yes, they share many qualities! they should 'hang out' more often.....


« previous 1
back to top