SLISKids discussion

What's your genre?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Frencham (jennifrencham) So, what's your favorite genre of Childrens/Young Adult lit to read?

I have been working on a list of LGBT C/YA books, and most of those are Contemporary Realistic Fiction. When I'm not working on that list, though, or reading something for class, I prefer fantasy.

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Ann I love horror/scary, contemporary fantasy, and science fiction. Sorry, I can't pick just one!

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandafack) I like non-fiction kids books with lots of good illustrations. I especially like the ones with boats/architecture all blown apart so you can see the layers of things.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 4 comments With adult books, I prefer mysteries, but with Children's/YA lit, I tend to gravitate toward the science fiction and fantasy genres.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (booksandbosox) | 2 comments i didn't really notice until someone pointed it out to me but i guess for c/ya i mostly read fantasy/sci-fi. for adult stuff, i usually go toward historical or comtemporary. but i'll read pretty much anything.

message 6: by Liesl (new)

Liesl (liesl618) Realistic fiction is usually what I go for in adult and c/ya, although I'm usually up for reading different genres. It just really depends on the particular topic/plot.

message 7: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Lately it's been (coming of age) graphic novels.

message 8: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 4 comments Let me know what graphic novel titles you like. I'm trying to explore these.