This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Stupid people TEACHING others to do things.

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner Ok, I am smart in my own "unique" way, I know so I don't have a super fast horse in this race, but, standing in line yesterday checking out at a store I hear the "manager" say to my trainee clerk: " When your done with that customer come over here, I want to LEARN you something" WTF that is a joke right...

message 2: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) aw Nick... don't you speak redneck?

Servius  Heiner no... and I have never ever heard that before... is it in common usage?

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh, yes, it's very common. Colloquial.

Probably as common as the mixing up of "leave" and "let." As is in "leave me be" and "let that bail of hay right there."

In Orson Scott Card's Alvin Maker series, the love of Alvin's life is Miss Larner, who happens to be a teacher. In these stories, everyone's last name is their occupation, much the way many surnames developed over the centuries.

Servius  Heiner Well common or not, I wanted to tear the register off of the counter and fling it at her.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Well, there's no call to get violent about it.

Servius  Heiner I think a stupid tax paid for in blood is a great idea... I better learn how to spell before it is enacted.

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) There's aready a stupid tax. It's called LOTTO.

message 9: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Please don't talk about stupid taxes. We've already got plenty coming our way.

Servius  Heiner yes but this tax would make people bleed... It doesn't sting so much when you are the one inflicting the pain.

message 11: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments What you say is true. I will support you in the taxing of the stupid. I have many individuals in mind..........I better make a list.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I'd like to see that list. Just...you know...in case.

Servius  Heiner Amanda... back away very very slowly... Shit you've been made, run!

message 14: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) "learn ya" is in very popular useage in the south. perhaps the mid west as well. Here in California it was in popular useage amongst the local redneck population. Catch up Nick!

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) You just may be a redneck if ....

message 16: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) in my home town, signs of being a redneck:

1) working at a mechanic shop that restores muscle cars, while dealing meth out the back door

2) your three children's three fathers are all in jail at Christmas time

3) you drive a pick up with tires taller than the average sedan, with a bumper sticker on the back that says "Shut Up Hippie"

4) you have a sticker on your back window of Calvin taking a piss

5) your bottom teeth are stained brown from the wad of chew you constantly keep there

6) your wife has a mullet and wears a Black Sabbath t-shirt to bed

7) four out of five women at the Easter BBQ have shiners

8) your idea of dressing up is putting on a clean tractor hat, t-shirt, and pair of jeans

9) Hay is not just an expression, it's your livelihood

10) The expansion of the wine industry makes you so angry you can hardly form sentences

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Wait ... you must live in Sonoma County!

message 18: by Annie (new)

Annie (angelannie) or Michigan!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

or Boring, Oregon.

message 20: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Larry... do you know Sonoma County???

I guess rednecks are the same all over the country. That's a warm and comforting thought.

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes I am am quite familiar. There is a unique breed there, I believe.

message 22: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments BunWat, I have seen a worse bumper sticker. It read:

"Women Want Me; Fish Fear Me".

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

What about "You light 'em, I'll fight 'em!" It was a fireman with a huge pickup.

message 24: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Larry... did you used to live here? Indeed, this area has some... unique... folks.

Rusty... actually I think that one is funny.

MontBabeO... that one is okay by me... but then again, I'm hot for firemen.

That Calvin sticker actually I find entirely revolting. It's worse than the boobie chicks on the mudflaps to me. Something about it really rubs me the wrong way.

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Well, at the various times I've been there, I was living, but no, my residence has never been there. Just spent a lot of time in Sonoma over the years.

message 26: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) whaddya know. small world. I grew up in Sonoma/Glen Ellen. Lived there from when I was 6 yrs old. I know Petaluma doesn't seem like a long way away, but when you grow up in a small town, even just going to the next town is like a world away. At least I don't run into people on the street who say things like "Oh my goodness, when I saw you last time you were this high!!!" oy.

u have friends here? why u come to sonoma? inquiring minds want to know.

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) An elderly semi-relative moved there (Sonoma) from San Mateo, so there were frequent visits. She's in a nursing home there now, but doing well at 94. Almost moved there but the prices of homes and the taxes scared me off.

message 28: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) don't blame you. it's freaking expensive here. I grew up here, I'm 5th generation native californian... so I'm stubbornly hanging on. No way the yuppies are gonna drive me out!!!

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Good for you!

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Spent Christmas at the Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa a couple of years ago. The spa was wonderful!

message 31: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Oh yes, very nice. A little on the chi chi side for me personally. Also, my older sister used to be their in-house florist way back in the 80s, so I know way too much about their inner politics to enjoy staying there.

Now, Indian Springs in Calistoga is a whole other mammal. Pure heaven on earth. Fer serious.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.