Characters in YA discussion

Who are your "big five" favourite characters?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gigi (new)

Gigi S. (triv_s) | 7 comments Mod
Everybody should have five favourite characters for five different reasons (in my knowledgeable ;-) opinion) These "big five" are:

1. The best character you have ever read. <--This one is a little hard to define but most people will be able to go "he/she is the best/strongest character I have read about because..."

2. The character that appeals to you the most <--Maybe because you identify with them, maybe because you want to be like them.

3. The character that affected you the most <--This may be in any emotional way or moral perhaps, it may also overlap with other big five characters

4. The character that you would want as a bestfriend

5. The character you would like to be more like <-- Also may overlap

:-) Now I've got to go think about this and decide. BTW, this is from any series/book so...it may be hard to narrow down. I could do this for every book I've read! (That will cone later ;-)

message 2: by Gigi (new)

1. The best character I have ever read about is either Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower or Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. They were both just such amazing, strong, perfectly characterized characters that held the stories they were involved in up by themselves. The Hunger Games would not have been right without Katniss, TPOBAW would not have been right without Charlie.

2. I'm going to have to say Cato from The Hunger Games appealed to me the most. Just something about him...so mysterious, so mean but not. He represented so much about the core ideals of THG and, well, he's hot.

3. Parzival/Wade from Ready Player One. Nerds can have their day and everyone gets what they deserve--that's what he taught me.

4. Renly Baratheon from A Song of Ice and Fire. He was Epic 'nuff
said.

5. Probably Rose from Vampire Academy. Seriously, she's a bundle of awesome.

message 3: by Adarsh (new)

Adarsh | 6 comments Here is my list of "big five" characters (in no particular order):

I dunno why..But I fell in love with Ginny Weasley..She is beautiful and funny..She is totally cool..and FLIES WELL..

I am not a big fan of Bella right now..But I used to dote over her..

KATNISS!!She is perhaps the most powerful heroine ever..Instead of being the usual 'maids-in-distress', Katniss is independent and doesn't expect others to take care of her..And, she sure is inspiring!!!

The Knight of Flowers..He is handsome, immensely popular, very brave, 'younger-Jaimer', expert swordsman and a peerless jouster..

Arguably my most favorite character is Arya..You just want her to keep going..And, you can't help loving her!!

Special mentions - Alice (Twilight), Jace (Mortal Instruments), Fred/George..

message 4: by Adarsh (new)

Adarsh | 6 comments And, I happened to like Rue and Prim a lot!!! It is a crime to kill sweet innocent characters like them..

message 5: by Gigi (new)

I wasn't such a big fan of Rue and Prim...They kind of annoyed me :-P

message 6: by Adarsh (new)

Adarsh | 6 comments Hahaha..BTW I am not familiar with 'Perks of Being a Wallflower'..Is it good?

message 7: by Gigi (new)

Yes! Perks of Being a Wallflower is ammmaaazzzinnnggg. It's life changing, especially for me because its really relevant to my life. It's going to be a movie later this year with Paul Rudd, Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, Nina Dobrev and all these other awesome people. It's a really realistic, touching book about a boy with a disease similar to autisim. It's one of my top 3 books.

message 8: by Adarsh (new)

Adarsh | 6 comments And the other two books of your 'top 3' being..?

message 9: by Gigi (new)

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and The Hunger Games :-)

message 10: by Adarsh (new)

Adarsh | 6 comments Yeah..I read a lot of gushing reviews for Ready Player One..Hoping to read it soon :-)

message 11: by Gigi (new)

It is AMAZING. That needs to be a movie. I'm literally in love with it

message 12: by Adarsh (new)

Adarsh | 6 comments I really can't wait for The Hunger Games movie :-D The cast is perfect..the trailer is too good..and the sound track is awesome!!!

message 13: by Gigi (new)

I'm obsessed with it. I nearly died when I first saw it on TV and in the cinemas