Scott Westerfeld Books discussion

Leviathan Series > Leviathan RP

Comments Showing 1-50 of 212 (212 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Just thought this should be made...)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Ella sat in the kitchen, peeling potatoes and looking out the window. She sighed and dropped another potato into a pot of water.

message 3: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Alison Lenoford?" A voice said.
Bray's eyes flickered to the doorway, where a tall soldier stood, his knuckles poised against the open door, knocking. One would think that after all this time, she'd get used to being referred to as "Alison". But she hadn't.
She set down her pen against the letter she was writing to her friend, Gwendolyn, and smiled. "Oh, I go by Bray. Yeah, I don't really go by Alison." She pushed a strand of dark black hair from her piercing blue eyes.
The soldier nodded. "Uhm, I had my leg bandaged up about a week ago, and I was told to come see you for a follow-up."
"Oh, yes, of course, sit down." Bray smiled. She fixed her nurse's cap and went to work undoing his bandage.
Hours later, Bray sat alone in her tiny office outside the infirmary, cocking her head to the side and staring at the photograph of her "husband". What was she really doing? Lying to everyone. Only Garrett, her brother, knew the truth. It made her wonder if love even existed for her, if she had to keep lying. What would happen when the war was over? Would she just...go back home and go back to being young Bray Lenoford again?
She sighed and got to her feet, pulling her white nurse's gown over her head, then pulled on a thin white nightgown and began to ready for bed.

"Only a month until Christmas, Tarling." Darren Alberts said to his tentmate, taking a drag of his cigarette.
Daniel nodded. He was gazing out the tent flap, sitting on his bed. It was late that night, and they were getting some down time while the rest of the tent was god-knows-where. "Gimme one." Daniel said, gesturing to the pack of cigarettes on Darren's cot.
Darren obediently passed him the pack and a matchbook. Daniel promptly struck the match and lit the cigarette, taking a drag and closing his eyes.
"You thing you'll be going home to Kara and the kids for the holidays?" Darren asked.
Daniel shrugged, taking another drag. "Who knows? Things can change overnight in war time. And...I don't think it's possible right now."
"What about Eva?"
"What about her?"
"Well, you know..." Darren shrugged. "You take care of her, right?"
"You make it sound like she's a baby." Daniel kept his gaze on the cold scene outside the tent.
"Well, isn't she?"
"She's seventeen. She's hardly a baby."
"Then why do you take care of her?" Darren asked.
"Because she's a daughter of a boffin in wartime and she doesn't really have anyone else. But, she hardly needs me to take care of her. She's headstrong as hell." Daniel chuckled.
"Whatever you say, mate. She likes you."
"How old are you? Twelve?"
"I'm just saying, a younger girl like her...an older, sophisticated guy like you...?"
Daniel snorted. "Yeah, okay, Darren. Goodnight." He took a final drag of his cigarette and then stomped it into the girl floor, rolling onto his side and closing his eyes to sleep.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Dude... This is an Rp, not a novel.)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Ella finished cleaning up around the kitchen and got things ready for breakfast the next day before letting herself go to the servants' chambers.

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 254 comments Mod
Frowning, Eva squinted at the chart in front of her.
"Everett, you irritating boy," she muttered to herself. "Why do I have to decode an entire alphabet before I read your stupid letters?" With a sigh, she rubbed her eyes and rolled over onto her side, gazing at the candle that was slowly turning into a puddle of white wax. "It can wait till tomorrow I guess," she finally said, rubbing her eyes again and standing reluctantly, already pulling the buttons of her dress open to change for bed. Hurriedly, she brushed out her hair and tied it into a long braid before climbing back onto the small bed and staring at the chart of letters and corresponding symbols.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Ella walked down one of the corridors, not watching where she was going and ended up smacking right into someone. She looked up and blushed, "E-Everett... I me'n good even'ng, sir." She glanced down at her feet and gave a small bob. "'Ow'r you this even'ng?"

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 254 comments Mod
"Dead beat. My sister isn't expecting me for another week, so I was going to surprise her before I hit the hay." Yawning, Everett ran his fingers through his tousled curls.

message 9: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments Lissy wrote: "(Dude... This is an Rp, not a novel.)"

(Ev does the same thing. We make our first posts long.)

message 10: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Good morning, men." Bray smiled. She clapped her hands as the wounded soldiers in the infirmary awakened. "Bright new day." She said. "Alright, what can I get you all?"

((where should eva and daniel meet up, ev?))

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "Lissy wrote: "(Dude... This is an Rp, not a novel.)"

(Ev does the same thing. We make our first posts long.)"

(I've seen a few people do that and then have one word post for the rest of the rp >< Drives me crazy...er)

"Right you do, sir," Ella said and quickly scurried around Everett before she made a fool of herself. A few more steps down the corridor she stopped and turned. "I cou'd make ya somethin' to eat, if ya need it."

Lissy wrote: "Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "Lissy wrote: "(Dude... This is an Rp, not a novel.)"

(I've seen a few people do that ..."

Shaking his head, Everett yawned again. "I should really get to Eva before I fall over. But I might take you up on that later." He smiled wearily at her and turned away, repositioning the heavy rucksack on his shoulder.

Eva woke to the loud screech of her door's hinges and sat bolt upright, papers crunching under her body.
"Ali?" she called, expecting it to be Alison, but a very different voice answered her.
"Well, Eva beaver, I see you got my letters," Everett said with a tired smile, setting his rucksack down and pulling a sloppily wrapped blue box from inside.
"Retty!" she squealed, launching herself up from the bed and toppling into her brother. "You weren't supposed to be back until next thursday!"
Everett laughed and hugged her back, lifting her up and spinning her around before setting her back on the floor and handing her the box he was holding.
"I guess I just couldn't wait to give this to you," he said, "and see how much ink you had on your face this time." Chuckling, he licked his thumb and rubbed at a dark blue splotch on her left cheek. "You left the pen on the bed again, didn't you, you barmy little scholar?" Eva elbowed him playfully and he tugged lightly on her long red braid as she pulled the paper off the blue box and opened the lid.
A tiny squeak emanated from inside and Eva reached in and pulled out a small, catlike animal with large ears and a tufty tail that resembled a squirrel's but was much sleeker and longer. It blinked its large brown eyes and licked Eva's wrist with a small pink tongue that slid quickly out of a fox-like muzzle.
"Barking spiders, you got this for me? What does it do?" she asked Everett, cradling the adorable beastie to her chest and stroking the soft downy taupe colored fur on the back of its small head. The bushy tail flicked through the air, twisting and curling much like a cat's would. In response, Everett shrugged.
"Corporal had no idea. Mr. Alder engineered her for your birthday last month, but she was too small and he uh...well he was reassigned before he told me. But she's yours. And you should probably get dressed before you run off to show her to Alison or Ella or Daniel." Eva stuck her tongue out at him, but stood and dressed quickly, ignoring the blue stain on her cheek as she pulled on a dress and pulled her hair out into wide curls from its restraining braid.
"You get some sleep Retty. I will be back later to irritate you and love you unconditionally," she said, hugging her brother with one arm and holding the fluffy beastie in another, running cheerily toward the mess to find Daniel.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Ella scurried down the hall before she ran into Everett again. It was bad enough that she had to talk to him like a servant, but she was dead tired and looked a mess. Thankfully it was too dark for him to get a good look at her... she hoped.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Name tag? Only solders got dog tags... And they're on an airship.)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Plus, it's still NIGHT TIME)

message 16: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (you know, you could correct me nicely...nothing wrong with that...)

message 17: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (Im just out of it...like, i just spent the whole night watching M*A*S*H reruns...effecting my brain)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (I'm not being mean, I'm just stating facts)

message 19: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (well, it sounded kinda mean...)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Well you keep hopping from day to night to day again. A week could pass within 5 posts and we'd still be on day 1)

message 21: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (alright, sorry.)

Lissy wrote: "(Well you keep hopping from day to night to day again. A week could pass within 5 posts and we'd still be on day 1)"

((look, it makes sense that it is now morning, since everyone had gone to sleep. so it's morning.))

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (It's okay, I just hate it when I'm doing someing in the middle of the night and someone decides this suddenly 2 in the afternoon.)

((I KNOW> god that is so irritating. or when people are doing something in school or something one day and then someone else decides its the weekend.))

message 25: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (sorry, im not thinking right today. I just saw that everyone was like going to bed that it would be morning. ive been kind of under the weather since last night. head cold.)

message 26: by Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ (last edited Feb 25, 2012 12:32PM) (new)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Everley Sharp, the Clankinist wrote: "((I KNOW> god that is so irritating. or when people are doing something in school or something one day and then someone else decides its the weekend.))"

(Yes! Or in's a historical rp and someone used a modern word like "jocking")

Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "(sorry, im not thinking right today. I just saw that everyone was like going to bed that it would be morning. ive been kind of under the weather since last night. head cold.)"

((omg! poor you! :( ))

message 28: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments Everley Sharp, the Clankinist wrote: "Lissy wrote: "Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "Lissy wrote: "(Dude... This is an Rp, not a novel.)"

(I've seen a few p..."

Bray gave up on sleep, sitting up and running a hand through her hair. It was early morning, she could tell that at least. And it was about that time where she began to wonder if lying about her identity would do more harm than good. Garrett was probably still sleeping, which means she wouldn't have anyone to talk to. Daniel and Eva still thought she was 23, when she was actually pretty much their own age. How long could she keep this up? Not long. She might go crazy if she did.

"Up." Darren threw a pillow at Daniel, who stirred in his cot and sat up, groaning. "What time is it?"
"Morning." Darren replied. "and if I know that little redhead, she's probably looking for you."
"Eva?" Daniel reached for his shirt beside the bed and pulled it over his head.
"Alright. I'm outta here. Gotta find Owen." Darren said, barely audible and promtly walking out, his footsteps thunking against the floor.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Ella slipped into Bray's room, trying to be quiet, her room was on the other side of the ship, but there was a short cut through this room that she could take aslong as no one caught her.

message 30: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (no hard feelings? :) )

Bray stirred out the sound of footsteps. "Whose there? Daniel? Eva?" She rubbed her eyes, sitting further up. She fumbled for the set of matches beside her bed. Striking one, she squinted. "Ella?"

Humming lightly, Eva pushed the doors to the mess hall open. At the sudden wave of noise and laughter, the beastie curled on her elbow skittered up and slipped around her neck, hiding in her hair. She laughed as its tail tickled across her skin, reaching back and petting it softly as she reached for a plate.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) ('Course not)

Ella froze. She could get kicked off the ship for being in someone else's bunker. "Sorry, ma'am," She said quickly and quietly, "Wro'g room. If ya'd ex'use me.."

message 33: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments Everley Sharp, the Clankinist wrote: "Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "(sorry, im not thinking right today. I just saw that everyone was like going to bed that it would be morning. ive been kind of under the weather..."

((i know :( lol thanks :) ))

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Wait... is it day or night now?)

message 35: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments "Hey, hey, whoa whoa." Bray slipped her feet into the slippers beside her cot and stood up. "What are you doing in here?" she asked. It wasn't accusatory, just a question. "Shouldnt you be getting some breakfast?"

Daniel was still wiping goop out of his eyes by the time he sauntered into the mess hall. He had never been a morning person, and since he had gotten on the airship, even less so.
He stopped a blur of red hair and then some...fur? and blinked.

message 36: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (I thought ev said morning...)

Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: "(I thought ev said morning...)"

((yup. just so we can have a day starting and stuff.))

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (Oh, okay. I was listening to Darren Criss sing so I was a little distracted...)

"I'm on break," Ella explained quickly, "'til noon. Thought Ah sho'ld get some res'... gu'ss Ah thought this was my room."

Athena Jane Cavanaugh the Pretty Little Liar wrote: ""Hey, hey, whoa whoa." Bray slipped her feet into the slippers beside her cot and stood up. "What are you doing in here?" she asked. It wasn't accusatory, just a question. "Shouldnt you be getting ..."

As Eva turned to sit down with her plate full of food, she nearly ran smack into a still-yawning Daniel.
"Morning, Danny. Long night?" she said, smiling brightly in contrast to his sleepy befuddlement.

message 40: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (its alright...easy to get distracted.)

"Hmm?" Daniel asked. "Yes. But are they ever short?" He squinted. "did you...grow fur?" He asked referring to the fur on her shoulder.

"Uh huh." Bray cocked an eyebrow. "Right. Look, Im not mad, but you should really get some food."

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) (More so by Darren Criss)

Ella sniffled a yawn, but nodded. There was no use in fighting a nurse.

Laughing, Eva shook her head.
"No. Retty got back earlier, and apparently uncle Alder had a late birthday present for me. Say hello to Blewoga, the furry little 'present.'" As she spoke, the beastie stuck its inquisitive face out and blinked curiously at Daniel.

((blewog means furry in welsh. I just added an a to make it more feminine. XD))

message 43: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments (lol haha love him!)

"That's what I thought." Bray smiled. "I know I sound like a mom but...I think it's best for you."

message 44: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments ((oh that was for lissy)

Daniel smiled. "It's cute." He said. "Seen Alison this morning? Or Bray, whatever she wants to be called?" He asked.

((shit, sorry, guess I am out of it too, lol!))

"Uh, no. I kind of just woke up and tackled Everett and came to get something to eat."

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) "Alright..." Ella said trying to keep her eyes open. If she ate quickly, Bray would be happy and she would hopefully get some shut eye before her shift started.

message 47: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments ((LOL :) ))

"Oh." Daniel nodded. He cocked his head to the side, scanning the crowd. He had always been kind of a standoffish type. "So where's Everett?"

Bray smiled. "Alright, you look tired. Get some shut eye after you eat. I'm sorry, it's just a nurse's thing to say." She grinned and patted her on the shoulder, grabbing her nurse's outfit and leaving the room, patting off the the bathroom to change. Once she did, she fixed her white cap over her thick black curls and headed off to the mess hall. when she made it there, she scanned the crowd. "Ah, morning, Daniel. Eva." She smiled, approaching them and grabbing a plate.
Daniel smiled and touched her shoulder, "There you are."

"Sleeping. Like always," she said with a shrug as she sat down. "Morning Ali, how are you?"

message 49: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) | 225 comments Daniel chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Should have guessed."
"Fine." Bray replied. "You know, you dont have to call me Alison. It was just my birth name." She shrugged, sitting across from Eva. Daniel sat next to Eva, resting his elbows on the table. His eyes snuck to the little creature perched among her red curls and smiled. He guessed she wasnt so little anymore after all.

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Ella sighed and went back to the kitchen. She would have a bit of bread to make Bray happy and find someplace close to sleep before her shift. Hell, she might even just sleep in the kitchen for all she cared.

« previous 1 3 4 5