ROBUST discussion

Impressive Bravado
This topic is about Impressive Bravado
Giveaways & Competitions > Horse Story - 'Impressive Bravado'

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments For some reason Amazon has put 'Impressive Bravado' up for free.

Deputy Sheriff Shallamon calls Katie McCartyDVM for her opinion of horse mutilations. Someone is targeting local stallions for unauthorized neutering. Anyone with the bravado to sneak into a barn and perform these operations has to be crazy. Is it barn rivalry or something even more sinister? (Short Story - 7k words)

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Are you offering it free elsewhere (like maybe Smashwords)? If so, Amazon will match the free "price" and not pay royalties.

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments It was free everywhere for the last 6 months - just raised the price to $.99 about a month ago. (giggles) Silly Amazon spiders...

message 4: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments There are nearly 100 copies out already. Pretty cool.

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Very cool, Kat. Hope you get interest from that...

message 6: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Got 1 sale the UK and about 150 copies out.

message 7: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Paid sales on B&N have hit a dozen.

Have about 150 freebies out from Amazon.

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments I just listed your books on KND's free tracker (I think I got them all), would be interesting to see if you get a big spike in downloads...

message 9: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments K. A. wrote: "Paid sales on B&N have hit a dozen.

Have about 150 freebies out from Amazon."

So glad to see a post from you tonight. I was worried when I heard on the news that Kentucky got hit again.

message 10: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments We are fine here. Tornado's hit north and south of us. Didn't have any wind damage.

The horses got power-washed. But they needed it.

message 11: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Someone was killed in my state, but the tornado damage didn't get as far north as where I live. I have family Evansville, IN, and still waiting to hear if they're okay.

Right now there are strong winds whipping around my house. I was out a little while ago and the wind blew the hood on my coat up onto my head. It was like being dressed by someone else.

message 12: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Still gusting winds here, too.

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments K. A. wrote: "...The horses got power-washed. But they needed it."

It is that kind of spirit and sense of humor that makes you a good writer, Kat.

message 14: by K.A. (last edited Mar 03, 2012 07:52AM) (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Oh, thank you. Usually it gets me into trouble.

But my humor creeps into all my stories. My heroes usually tease and crack jokes. Though my Bad Guy in 'Let's Do Lunch' is a charming cad.

The publisher who liked it wouldn't buy because they thought he was the hero. I explained, but they didn't get it.

message 15: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Hmmm - interesting to note that Impressive Bravado is still selling at least a copy or two a month via Smashwords and B&N.

That makes this short story my ONLY earning Smashwords storyl.

How interesting.

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Hmmmm, that is interesting, Kat.

More short stories, perhaps??

message 17: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments I've still got a few in my files. kench