Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) Anna and the French Kiss discussion

Books Set in France

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olivia I loved Anna and the French kiss, and I just fell in love with the idea that the book was set in France, so does anyone know of other YA or adult books that are good and also set in france?
Thanks!

Gemma I too fell in love with 'Anna and the French Kiss'and love the idea of a novel set in 'France'.
I hope that these books may be of some help for you

The Ruby Talisman Belinda Murrell
When Tilly's aunt tells her of their ancestress who survived the French Revolution, she shows Tilly a priceless heirloom. Tilly falls asleep wearing The Ruby Talisman, wishing she could escape to a more adventurous life . . . In 1789, Amelie-Mathilde is staying at the opulent palace of Versailles. Her guardians want her to marry the horrible old Chevalier to revive their fortunes. Amelie-Mathilde falls asleep holding her own ruby talisman, wishing someone would come to her rescue . . .Tilly wakes up beside Amelie-Mathilde. The timing couldn't be worse. The Bastille has fallen and starving peasants are rioting across the country. The palace is in chaos.Tilly knows that Amelie and her cousin Henri must escape from France if they are to survive the Revolution ahead. But with mutinous villagers, vengeful servants and threats at every turn, there seems nowhere to run. Will they ever reach England and safety? A GREAT BOOK

Postcards from France Megan McNeill Libby
As a junior in high schoool, Megan McNeill Libby left behind the familiar comforts of suburban New England to live abroad as an exchange student. Now, in this charming collection of thoughts and vignettes, she takes readers of every age on a delightful, memorable tour through her year in France. Poignant and endearing, innocent yet wise. Postcards from France captures her adventure in vivid detail: waging war with the French language and the magic moment when she finally understood everyone around her; her wonderfully hilarious attempt at making Thanksgiving dinner--with a deer; her feelings of lonliness on the first day at a foreign school, and so much more. The perfect letter from a friend, Postcards is a rare gem of a book that will delight anyone who has ever dreamed of traveling or living in a foreign country.

Revolution Jennifer Donnelly
BROOKLYN: Andi Alpers is on the edge. She’s angry at her father for leaving, angry at her mother for not being able to cope, and heartbroken by the loss of her younger brother, Truman. Rage and grief are destroying her. And she’s about to be expelled from Brooklyn Heights’ most prestigious private school when her father intervenes. Now Andi must accompany him to Paris for winter break.

PARIS: Alexandrine Paradis lived over two centuries ago. She dreamed of making her mark on the Paris stage, but a fateful encounter with a doomed prince of France cast her in a tragic role she didn’t want—and couldn’t escape.

Two girls, two centuries apart. One never knowing the other. But when Andi finds Alexandrine’s diary, she recognizes something in her words and is moved to the point of obsession. There’s comfort and distraction for Andi in the journal’s antique pages—until, on a midnight journey through the catacombs of Paris, Alexandrine’s words transcend paper and time, and the past becomes suddenly, terrifyingly present.

I hope that this may help you in your search!

Olivia Gem wrote: "I too fell in love with 'Anna and the French Kiss'and love the idea of a novel set in 'France'.
I hope that these books may be of some help for you

The Ruby Talisman Belinda Murr..."

Olivia Wilson Wow, thank you so much for being so detailed! I really appreciate it, these books look great, I look forward to reading them, thank you dearly!

Gemma That is fine, I am just glad I am not the only one who fell in love with Anna and the french kiss!

message 5: by Andrea (last edited Apr 23, 2012 07:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrea I LOVED Anna and the French kiss I just finished reading it for the third time :) Paris is my fav city and I loved YA books with Paris there somewhere. You should read Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum I'm going to read it for the third or fourth time now it's really good also one of my fav books.
It's set in Paris of course and there's this hot old-fashioned sweet guy Vincent and our heroine Kate I just love them <3 The sequel comes May 8th I can't wait for it! Try reading Die for me wont'be dissapointed

Olivia Andrea wrote: "I LOVED Anna and the French kiss I just finished reading it for the third time :) Paris is my fav city and I loved YA books with Paris there somewhere. You should read Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum I'm go..."

Thank you so much for that book suggestion, it looks really good! I've only read Anna and the French Kiss once, but I plan to read it again, I cant wait for the 3rd book in the series.