Harry Potter discussion

Questions > Head boy and Girl

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments In number seven we are never told who is the new Head Boy and Girl at Hogwarts. I think Snape would have made it Malfoy to keep his acting up. Who do you think Dumbledore would have made head boy and girl? I think Ron would be head boy.

message 2: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments Hermione might be one. Ron could be, too but is it because there are no other choice? He does tend to bully the newbies. ^_^

message 3: by ★Lalita ❤︎ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

★Lalita ❤︎ (lalita) I think Neville and Luna would have been good also.

message 4: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments yeah, but the couldn't be cause they weren't prefects.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i think Hermionie would be Head Girl

message 6: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments yup, definitly!!!
not so sure about hed boy... maybe the hufflepuff guy, the pompous one... what was his name? ernie?

message 7: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments did they have to be a prefect to be head boy/ girl - I thought James was head boy and he wasnt a prefect coz it was Lupin???

message 8: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments james was head boy? i don remember that! i thought that lupin was prefect and that to be head boy you had to be prefect first?

message 9: by Kidz (new)

Kidz | 33 comments no, James was'nt Head Boy.

message 10: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments it def says on the hp lexicon that james was head boy!
http://www.hp-lexicon.info/wizards/ja...

Will look in the book and see what jk says - (runs off to spend several hours searching for single sentence amidst massive number of sentences in any one of 7 books!!!)

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments yeah, james was head boy! hagrid says so in the first book. he was talking about how good james and lily were. so hypothetically, harry could be made head boy!

message 12: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments saved from searching for needle in a haystack! Thanks Maya!

message 13: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments hmmm... curiouser and curiouser...

message 14: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments Gunjari - are you channelling Alice in Wonderland now!!!?

message 15: by Gunjari (last edited Jul 16, 2008 11:36AM) (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments he he... i just like that quote, 'kay? i also luuuuurve the "walrus and the carpenter" poem, although i can never remember it all! i did memorize it last year, but now i've forgotten... also love "jabberwockey" but not as much.

the sun was shining on the sea, shining with all his might, he did his very best to make the billows smooth and bright, and this was odd because it was the middle of the night!

The moon was shining sulkily,because she thought the sun, had got no business to be there after the day was done-- "It's very rude of him," she said, "To come and spoil the fun!"

the sea was wet as wet could be the sand was dry as dry, you could not see a cloud because no cloud was in the sky, no birds were flying overhead-- there were no birds to fly.

the walrus and the carpenter were walking close at hand, they wept like anything to see such quantities of sand, "if all this could be swept away," they said, it would be grand!

"if seven maids with seven mops swept it for half a year, do you suppose," the walrus said, "that they could get it clear?" "i doubt it," said the carpenter, and shed a bitter tear.

oh oysters... okay that's all i remember... i'll stop now :)

message 16: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments 'twas brillig, and the slithy toves... :)

message 17: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments sigh. i'm boring you guys, aren't i?

message 18: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments No - I love those poems too - I always loved them when I was a little girl - I think its the way the words roll off your tongue, keep going!!

message 19: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments like... treacle tart? :)

message 20: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments .... more like freshwater taffy actually!