Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Is Madge dead???

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Airicka Phoenix Yes, she, her father, her mother and a servant were found in the mines. I think the mines had collapsed on them. They all died.

ルシンダ *Lucinda A. L.* wrote: "One of my favorite characters at the beggining Madge. After district 12 was bombed in Mockinjay/Inend of Catching fire, did she die or was she just not mentioned? Post your answers here."

Caroline Actually it's this
http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/...
Dead as a door nail

Kayley she is dead. but does anyone know how its pronounced? my friend and have been argueing about it. is it MAY-DGE or MAADGE

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I think its a short A sound and you say the dge like juh like the G in George

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles yes. she died in the bombing

Caroline Rhythms with badge

Megandemily sadly but her house was bomed everyone died in her house

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

She died in the bombing. It was terribly written though. I had to read it about four times before I could figure out what was going on. I still think the deaths were written pretty badly. I'm sad she was killed, especially the way it happened. :(

Mrs.Mellark yeah her and her whole family died in the bombing of D12. :(

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Madge is not going to be in the films! :(

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Madge is not going to be in the films! :("

Which is so stupid, because she's the one who gave Katniss the Mockingjay pin!!! I thought it was pronounced MAY-juh

Lorin✨ Wait, Madge isn't going to be in the movies!? Say whut!? That's ridiculous. She was Katniss' only friend other than Gale!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lorin wrote: "Wait, Madge isn't going to be in the movies!? Say whut!? That's ridiculous. She was Katniss' only friend other than Gale!"

It'll be interesting to see how they work around it.

Jayme I wish she had appeared more in the book!!! i cant beleive shes dead! or that she isnt going to be in the movie!!!! :,(

Rebecca Douglass Actually, I think Madge is somewhat poorly written. Her early appearance creates an expectation that she'll be an important figure, and then she just disappaears. Finally at almost the end it's thrown out that she was killed in the bombing. Almost like the author just remembered that she needed to do something with this old friend of Katniss's.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

yep

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Shannon wrote: "Laura wrote: "Madge is not going to be in the films! :("

But that doesn't make sense. In the trailer, there's a part where Katniss gives the Mockingjay pin to Prim and tells her that "as long as y..."

I was really shocked too. I don't know how they're gunna work around that. Hope they don't mess up.

Kirby Rebecca wrote: "Actually, I think Madge is somewhat poorly written. Her early appearance creates an expectation that she'll be an important figure, and then she just disappaears. Finally at almost the end it's t..."

good point

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe her and all her family is dead,cuz later on the district is blown up! unless they mysteriously got away or were taken by the capitol!

hunger games and K POP LAVA!!!! didnt the book say that they found the whole family and some workers? well i have to agree to Evelyn Grey
shadow hunter

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. They said that they found the whole family dead in the charred remains of the house. Remember how Katniss thought they would get extra protection with them being the Mayor family of District 12? But they didn't cos the Capitol doesn't care about District 12 anymore because of Katniss's berry stunt.