KBF Irregulars discussion

An invitation to the authors among us!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) Since we are not on amazon, there is no reason for authors NOT to post information about their books. Please feel free to to post anything and everything about what you are writing, and what you have available for sale on amazon.com.

Here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This is so gracious of you Christine but I can't do it. Amazon has ruined me from promoting...LOL! I really can't do it anywhere it just feels so scummy. I love you though!

message 3: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) Kelly wrote: "This is so gracious of you Christine but I can't do it. Amazon has ruined me from promoting...LOL! I really can't do it anywhere it just feels so scummy. I love you though!"

You are so sweet, Kelly.

message 4: by Remi (new)

Remi | 7 comments Lol. Kelly beat me to it. I wrote out all the info and then hit delete.

Thanks, Christine.

message 5: by Char (new)

Char I really wish you guys would. Go all out and dazzle us with the words you wield so well.
It's not scummy if it's requested of you. : )

message 6: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (ameliaat) Charlene wrote: "I really wish you guys would. Go all out and dazzle us with the words you wield so well.
It's not scummy if it's requested of you. : )"

Agreed -- it would be nice to have some author chat here. :) How are people's works-in-progress, etc.

message 7: by Remi (new)

Remi | 7 comments All right. But only because you begged. (Kidding!!)
I've got two parts of a fantasy trilogy out.
The Rites of Ascension I: The Path of the Sword
The Rites of Ascension II: Blood of War

I'm working hard on the final installment, but I admit it's kicking my butt--I don't even have a title for it yet. I'm already behind schedule, but I don't suppose it matters. I won't let it out of my sight until I'm satisfied with it.

Phew. That felt weird.

message 8: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (ameliaat) Remi wrote: "All right. But only because you begged. (Kidding!!)
I've got two parts of a fantasy trilogy out.
The Rites of Ascension I: The Path of the Sword
The Rites of Ascension II: Blood of War

I'm working..."

Thanks, Remi. :)

message 9: by Char (new)

Char Thank you, Remi! That wasn't so hard now, was it?

message 10: by Violet (new)

Violet Patterson | 12 comments Mod
*looking around, cautiously stepping into the conversation*

Okay, here goes.

*takes a deep breath*

Ryder on the Storm ~ Emerald Seer I
Light My Fire ~ Emerald Seer II

Currently working four projects (eek!)

End of the Night ~ Emerald Seer III
Whiskey, Mystics and Men ~ Emerald Seer Novella I
Estelan ~ soon to be released YA epic fantasy
Echo Rising ~ sequel to Estelan

It feels VERY strange to talk about what I am doing but I am trusting you all not to stone me because you are so darn supportive and I heart you so much!

message 11: by Char (new)

Char All right, this is very cool.
I haven't read any fantasy in a while, excepting Neverwhere which isn't really epic. Oh, and The Game of Thrones series.
Violet, you seem to have your work cut out for you!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I am so reporting all of you authors...oh wait...nevermind.

message 13: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (ameliaat) Kelly wrote: "I am so reporting all of you authors...oh wait...nevermind."
You really have been affected by Amazon, Kelly! We can deprogram you, if you like. Just sit still.

message 14: by Remi (new)

Remi | 7 comments Charlene wrote: "Thank you, Remi! That wasn't so hard now, was it?"

Insanely hard. I never liked self-promoing. And that's the last time I self-promo!

But thanks, everyone.

message 15: by Amelia (last edited Feb 25, 2012 05:34PM) (new)

Amelia (ameliaat) Remi wrote: "Charlene wrote: "Thank you, Remi! That wasn't so hard now, was it?"

Insanely hard. I never liked self-promoing. And that's the last time I self-promo!

But thanks, everyone."

But what about just plain ol' chattin' about what you're up to? :)

message 16: by Remi (new)

Remi | 7 comments Well, that's ok. I'm up to about 6'1". Give or take.

message 17: by Char (new)

Char I just came across an awesome quote by Virginia Woolf:

"But then anyone who's worth anything reads just what he likes, as the mood takes him, and with extravagant enthusiasm."

message 18: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (ameliaat) Charlene wrote: "I just came across an awesome quote by Virginia Woolf:

"But then anyone who's worth anything reads just what he likes, as the mood takes him, and with extravagant enthusiasm.""

I like that quotation, too.

message 19: by Violet (new)

Charlene wrote: "All right, this is very cool.
I haven't read any fantasy in a while, excepting Neverwhere which isn't really epic. Oh, and The Game of Thrones series.
Violet, you seem to have your work cut out f..."

Yes, but it is much fun :)

message 20: by Violet (new)

Charlene wrote: "I just came across an awesome quote by Virginia Woolf:

"But then anyone who's worth anything reads just what he likes, as the mood takes him, and with extravagant enthusiasm.""

Man, I looked for the UV button and realized I didn't have it as an option!

message 21: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) if any authors need their book info edited etc, let me know, I can fix stuff ;)

Violet - I just combined the 2 editions of Ryder on the Storm that were listed (kindle and pb) so they are 1 listing, and then added Emerald Seer as a series - so all books can be pulled up under the series listing

message 22: by Char (new)

Char It's cool having a librarian among us, eh?

message 23: by Violet (new)

Dee wrote: "if any authors need their book info edited etc, let me know, I can fix stuff ;)

Violet - I just combined the 2 editions of Ryder on the Storm that were listed (kindle and pb) so they are 1 listing..."

THANK YOU!! :)

message 24: by Violet (new)

Charlene wrote: "It's cool having a librarian among us, eh?"

Heck to the yes!

message 25: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) Violet & Remi -- are both of your books epic fantasy? I love epic fantasy.

It's weird. I really wouldn't mind self-promo on the forums if people would just not be such douches about it that there has to be a line in the sand drawn. Since I feel like both of you are "friends" and not just looking at me like a potential bank account you can loot, I WANT to hear more about your books.

I'm probably not the only one who feels that way. Right?

message 26: by Char (new)

Char Yes, that's what I've been saying!
MORE!

message 27: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) Hey, cool. J., Kelly, & Remi have added their books to our bookshelf. Violet, you should add yours, too.

I'm going to set up a "member-authors" shelf.

I'm going to set up a "member-favorites" shelf, too.

Maybe we need some genre shelves?

message 28: by Violet (new)

Christine wrote: "Violet & Remi -- are both of your books epic fantasy? I love epic fantasy.

It's weird. I really wouldn't mind self-promo on the forums if people would just not be such douches about it that ther..."

I know, people are serious douches with the drive by promos. It is REALLY annoying. I am going to release a YA epic fantasy within the next week or two. I will let you guys know when it is going live :)

message 29: by Violet (new)

Christine wrote: "Hey, cool. J., Kelly, & Remi have added their books to our bookshelf. Violet, you should add yours, too.

I'm going to set up a "member-authors" shelf.

I'm going to set up a "member-favorites"..."

I added theirs to the shelves....I thought it would be a good start ;)

message 30: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (ameliaat) Christine wrote: "Violet & Remi -- are both of your books epic fantasy? I love epic fantasy.

It's weird. I really wouldn't mind self-promo on the forums if people would just not be such douches about it that ther..."

You're definitely not alone! I love the idea of having a member authors' bookshelf.

message 31: by Remi (new)

Remi | 7 comments Christine wrote: "Violet & Remi -- are both of your books epic fantasy? I love epic fantasy.

Yeah, so far, I'm pretty much all epic fantasy. This series and the next one I want to work on.

At some point, I want to tackle a comedy fantasy. I hope I'm better at it than I am at posting on Amazon.

I don't think, for example, that there will be a single instance of "ABS!" in that one.

message 32: by Violet (new)

Remi wrote: "Christine wrote: "Violet & Remi -- are both of your books epic fantasy? I love epic fantasy.

It's weird. I really wouldn't mind self-promo on the forums if people would just not be such douches ab..."

Remi, you are not permitted to do a comedy fantasy unless you include ABS somehow!!

message 33: by Remi (new)

Remi | 7 comments Interestingly, I notice that Violet added a bunch of books to the bookshelf except her own. Ever the giver.

message 34: by Violet (new)

Remi wrote: "Interestingly, I notice that Violet added a bunch of books to the bookshelf except her own. Ever the giver."

It feels weird adding my own....I didn't even add everybody's yet.

message 35: by Brian (new)

Brian Bigelow (brian_bigelow) I'm presently on a break between projects, been catching up on my own reading for now. I understand on adding your own Violet, what's even weirder is rating your own book.

My most recent "21 days to improve your job search" B007D44QEW is doing rather well.

message 36: by Diane (new)

Diane Kidman (dianekidman) | 1 comments I'm so in on this! I find it strange we have to hide being an author while on the Amazon forums. And I must say I love the little flag next to this box that says "No rules!" What a pity it'll disappear after my first post! I like reassurance.

I have two nonfiction ebooks published. Yes, I'm the odd one out. (I think there are three of us total.) They're herbal remedy books with humor thrown in:

Herbs Gone Wild! Ancient Remedies Turned Loose
Beauty Gone Wild! Recipes & Remedies for Gorgeous Skin & Hair

I'm currently avoiding editing the third one about hair remedies so I can work on the fourth one on herbal tea.

And since I'm in a zone here with the typing, if any of you are KDP Select writers and occasionally put your ebooks up for free, you can list them on my blog. Every Friday, a new post goes up for "shameless promotion" so readers can swing by and find what's free. That's at http://DianeKidman.com.

Now, I'm off to see what you've all written. Thanks! I feel free now.

message 37: by Brian (new)

Brian Bigelow (brian_bigelow) Violet wrote: "Remi wrote: "Interestingly, I notice that Violet added a bunch of books to the bookshelf except her own. Ever the giver."

It feels weird adding my own....I didn't even add everybody's yet."

What's even more of a trip Violet is when you add your own books you have to rate them also. Of course, I gave myself 5*. Why wouldn't I? I like my own books.

message 38: by Violet (new)

Brian wrote: "Violet wrote: "Remi wrote: "Interestingly, I notice that Violet added a bunch of books to the bookshelf except her own. Ever the giver."

It feels weird adding my own....I didn't even add everybody..."

LOL, yeah, I didn't add my own so thank you to whoever did :)

message 39: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) you don't have to rate your books...there are books I have read and never rated

message 40: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) for all the authors out there - check out the goodreads author program - http://www.goodreads.com/author/program