Pendergast Task Force discussion

The Codex
This topic is about The Codex
Favorite book by either Preston OR Child

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new)

Cat | 1 comments The only book of theirs I read that isn't part of the Pendergast series is Mount Dragon, which was excellent. I plan to read the rest of their co-authored books, as well as their individual books once I finish the Pendergast series.

Kirby | 24 comments I've read:
-Child
Terminal Freeze
Death Match
Deep Storm

-Preston
Blasphemy
Tyrannosaur Canyon
The Codex

-both but not Pendergast
Mount Dragon
Riptide
Gideon's Sword

but I'll have to think about it a bit before choosing a favorite...response on that pending.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have read pretty much everything from Dinosaurs in the Attic to their new series "Gideon's Sword" and "Gideon's Corpse." The new series has potential and Gideon Crew is an interesting character but, alas, he lacks the panache of Agent Pendergast. I may be a bit biased, though.

Gatorman | 28 comments I read Utopia, Terminal Freeze and Deep Storm by Child and they were all good. I read The Codex and Tyrannosaur Canyon by Preston and didn't like either one.

Gatorman | 28 comments Has anybody read the new Lincoln Child book The Third Gate: A Novel yet? I've seen very mixed reviews from readers on another site and was curious what people here thought of it.

Tiffanie | 22 comments Gatorman wrote: "Has anybody read the new Lincoln Child book The Third Gate: A Novel yet? I've seen very mixed reviews from readers on another site and was curious what people here thought of it."

I read it and really liked it. My husband, did not like the ending.

Gatorman | 28 comments Thanks. A lot of the reviews had problems with the ending.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Renee | 7 comments Gatorman wrote: "Has anybody read the new Lincoln Child book The Third Gate: A Novel yet? I've seen very mixed reviews from readers on another site and was curious what people here thought of it."

I liked it. I wasn't blown away by the ending but it was still a decent read.

Bryan (yankeehawk) | 8 comments Ive read all their solo books except for the third gate, i really liked childs death match, great concept and story

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Collingham (emeraldgoddess) | 2 comments Gatorman wrote: "Has anybody read the new Lincoln Child book The Third Gate: A Novel yet? I've seen very mixed reviews from readers on another site and was curious what people here thought of it."

I read it and really liked it! Definitely a page- turner and it won't disappoint!

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Collingham (emeraldgoddess) | 2 comments My favorite Preston Lincoln book is "Cabinet of Curiousities". So creepy and spooky. Pendergast hooked me right away.

Phyllis (phyllisbrannin) I am just finishing up The Book of the Dead The Book of the Dead (Pendergast, #7; Diogenes, #3) by Douglas Preston
This book is great! Love it has to be favorite so far. Still have 5 books to go, so who knows, maybe I will find another favoirite.

message 13: by Lanie (new)

Lanie (icevamp) | 23 comments I enjoyed Preston's "Blasphemy" and I enjoyed "The Third Gate" also - I primarily liked the lead character, Jeremy, and I hope Lincoln Child brings him back in a future novel. I also liked "Terminal Freeze" but didn't LOVE it. I agree, that the Pendergast Files are my absolute favorite - those pesky Pendergasts! I have not read Thunderhead, The Ice Limit, Riptide - all of which I've heard are great books - I'm hoping to get to them in the near future. I enjoyed all of Doug Preston's books (T-Canyon, Codex, etc) but the one that stood out to me was Blasphemy - some really great characters in that story. Another character I really liked was introduced in T-Canyon I think - Wyman Ford. He is the first character I truly enjoyed ever since Pendergast. Great character with interesting history. Doug, please bring him back. I've read both Gideon books, but I just don't get it - don't really care for him. I will probably continue to read them, because it's Doug & Linc, but he's not as good as Pendergast.

Janice Mitchell (jannyfae) | 19 comments Lanie wrote: "I enjoyed Preston's "Blasphemy" and I enjoyed "The Third Gate" also - I primarily liked the lead character, Jeremy, and I hope Lincoln Child brings him back in a future novel. I also liked "Termina..."
Wyman Ford: T-Canyon, Blasphemy, Impact (in that order). He's one of my favorite characters as well..

message 15: by Lanie (new)

Lanie (icevamp) | 23 comments You have great taste, Janice!!

Janice Mitchell (jannyfae) | 19 comments Lanie wrote: "You have great taste, Janice!!"

Thanks Lanie!