An Actually Book Club discussion

General

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
General talking and merry making

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Hey! If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? Just curious:)

message 3: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
15, you?

message 4: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Same! Wow that's really neat:)

message 5: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Thats awesome!

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie I really thought you were older than that, no offense. No one my age really reads adult books besides me and I just thought it was because I'm so weird. It's nice to know there are other people my age who like to read adult books.

message 7: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Some of my friends read adult books too, but I never really found a group of people that did. I've always been a huge reader, and hopefully this group will find more people like us :). And no offense taken, I get that a lot. I sound older then I am and look younger. I figured you'd be in your 20s or something.

message 8: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Haha that's funny. I hope we find more people like us. All of my friends are into sci-fy and fantasy which is fine, but they really don't read anything else. And I know how you feel about sounding older and looking younger. A lady the other day thought that I was twelve, but when people listen to me speak or read something that I write, they say I sound alot older. But I think it's better to look younger and sound older than vice-versa.

message 9: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
I agree :) plus I can still pass for younger and do fun little kid things. Its a nice balance some times. I hope that there will be a mix of ages on here

message 10: by Cassie (new)

Cassie I know. Different ages and hopefully people from different places, it will give us a wider variety of books to read and I like getting to know all types of people.

message 11: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Me too :) I'm thinking about putting up fliers and stuff like that, try to get the word out

message 12: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Sounds like a plan to me:) where are you from by the way? Nothing specific, just a country or something.

message 13: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Louisiana. Way down deep in the south :)

message 14: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Wow:) I'm from North Carolina but I've been to Louisiana, it's really pretty down there.

message 15: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
I've never been to North Carolina, but I hear it is beautiful. South Carolina was when I was there, and my good friend goes to camp around there.

message 16: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Oh that's cool! It is pretty here, especially if you're in the mountains.

message 17: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Oh and by the way I love our group picture!

message 18: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
I love the mountains :) I took the picture when we were at Disney a month or two ago, its kind of fuzzy but I used an iPhone so what are you gonna do?

message 19: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Gonna do for what?

message 20: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Its a turn of phrase

message 21: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Ah wait I just now got it. Wow, sorry I'm a little slow tonight.

message 22: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Haha its cool

message 23: by Cassie (new)

Cassie I can't wait for summer vacation. I want more time to read and less time doing homework.

message 24: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Its the best part of summer

message 25: by Cassie (new)

Cassie I know! I'm getting all excited just thinking about it. But unfortunately school isn't over. But only six more papers and seven final exams and I'm finished:)

message 26: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
WOOO! Thats...a lot but still

message 27: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Yeah but it's okay, it's alot better than where I started so just one thing at a time. Are you doing anything exciting over the summer or are you the typical American teenager?

message 28: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
I am hopefully working at a lab, going to a conference thing for people who want to be a doctor eventually, and volunteering at leaky con

message 29: by Cassie (last edited Mar 21, 2012 07:31PM) (new)

Cassie That's awesome and defiantly not typical. Mine is going to be busy. Its not that we have a lot of exciting extraordinary things going on, it's just we have a lot of little things.

message 30: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Haha typical isn't something I do :) what are you doing?

message 31: by Cassie (new)

Cassie A few camps, a couple of trips to Tennessee maybe go to the lake one weekend and a VBS. That's it I think.

message 32: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
That sounds like fun

message 33: by Cassie (new)

Cassie It is:) it's just kind of typical. I need ideas for my sixteenth birthday. And ideas?

message 34: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Idk. Harry Potter marathon? Lazer Tag? Paint Ball

message 35: by Cassie (new)

Cassie The last two sound really good. I'm not into Harry Potter, although it wouldn't be a bad idea if I was. I don't know. I have friends who don't get along with other friends and that makes it difficult to have a party. I want everyone to get along, not be fighting all night long. Hmmmmm I might ask for a kindle fire. It would make reading books that much easier.

message 36: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
See I like the idea of a kindle but I really like to hold my books

message 37: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Yeah I'm the same way. The only plus is that I could have more than one book with me at all time, and normally the books are cheaper which means I can get more. Then after I read them, the ones I like I can go buy the real book for myself. I'm afraid though that everyone is going to start using e-books instead of real books and real books are going to disappear.

message 38: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
I just use libraries

message 39: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Ah well I like those too. Oh I don't know what I'm going to do:/. I only have a month and some odd days to decide though.

message 40: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
I haven't had a birthday party in years... :)

message 41: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Really? Well then what do you do for your birthday?

message 42: by Alex (new)

Alex Next time you come to Jackson we will have one

message 43: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Pretty much nothing. And Alex that'd be so fun!

message 44: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Wait do y'all know each other?

message 45: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Yes we do! Alex and I go to the same summer camp, and are in the same youth group.

message 46: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Oh hey thts so cool!

message 47: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Wait is there a Jackson, Louisianna (I know I seriously just misspelled that) too? I thought there was only one in Mississippi.

message 48: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
He lives in Mississippi I live in Louisiana. Our camp is in Mississippi, its for Jewish kids in the south (yes we do exist :) )

message 49: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Aha! And that's really cool:) I've never met anyone who is Jewish. I guess I have now!

message 50: by M (new)

M | 76 comments Mod
Haha I don't know if met is the right word but you now know two Jewish people

« previous 1