Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Fangs

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Teresa Where are the fangs? They never show fangs. Why is that?
They fight and show blood, but no fangs. I don't get it.
Responses people.

message 2: by Ria (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ria they don't have fangs...

Jacob Not all vampires have fangs. But not all vampires sparkle like some jewels.

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles they have regualr teeth. well, not regular, perfect

Teresa Jacob wrote: "Not all vampires have fangs. But not all vampires sparkle like some jewels."
The sparkly thing is a tad too much. That is a little immature.
What I mean for biting their victims. They need fangs for that, right?

Jacob Why have fangs when you can sparkle so much that you can blind your enemies and then finish them off? :D

Jk.
Yes, I think fangs would be much more scarier. Although, some people are born with canine-like teeth (my brother, for example) and that looks like fangs. But if I had fangs, I would be scared for my fangs. In the movies, they seem so brittle. Like you can just snap them in half. But i still like fang vampires. Better than Mr. Sparkles.

Tricia The way I understand it is that Meyer's vampires do not require fangs because their teeth are razor sharp. If you have read the books, or seen the first movie or the third movie (where they show Jaspers scars... I think it is the third) they show/describe cresent shaped scars and bites, like what an actual bite mark would look like. So rather than having to suck blood from two little puncture wounds they inflict a full bite and feed from that.

Teresa Jacob wrote: "Why have fangs when you can sparkle so much that you can blind your enemies and then finish them off? :D

Jk.
Yes, I think fangs would be much more scarier. Although, some people are born with cani..."

I agree with you. Fangs are much scarier, but not only that, but more realistic.
Like, let's say: "The Lost Boys" with Kiefer Sutherland, they all had fangs. It's just retarded the way Stephanie's thinking is. Teeth marks not fang marks. Just laughable and retarded.

J.D. Field If you think about it for a moment, biting with all of their teeth would be super difficult and leave a nasty mess. They'd have to really bite down hard to get all their front teeth in, then they'd leave a massive hole in whoever they bit...

message 10: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Feb 25, 2012 04:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog I think it makes perfect sense. Their teeth are razor sharp, just not fang-shaped. That would cut into a person's skin just find without having to bite super hard. Its totally believable. Even for it to apply to ALL their teeth. No one's teeth are perfectly flat, they have points. If those points are especially sharp, they make the breach of the skin, and the rest follow easily. Especially once you add a paranormal element to it.

Tricia Stating that Meyer's thinking is "retarded" is a bit harsh and do not believe such deragotory language is necessary. There are a lot of books and movies about vampires and with all of that media there are a lot of interpretations. Only because some interpretations are mainstream or more popular do we have what we consider a "realistic" vampire or what we accept as traditional vampire lore. I urge you to take a look at this website that compares many different factors of movie and television (which are often based on literary works) vampires, you may be surprised to find that the premise of Meyer's vampires are found in other places as well. The only thing that really differs on most occassions is her explanation of how these things are possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

their fake vampires. only cool vampires get fangs, not lame ones like these

Kirby twilight vampires don't leave their victims alive, so it doesn't matter how large the wound is.

Annabel ♥ vampires don't always have fangs.

Delaney what has vampires become of these days?!

Diane LOL. I can't believe that people think fangs are more "realistic" (with vampires being fictional and all). xD
I read that vampires didn't even have fangs in the oldest myths.

Kirby wrote: "twilight vampires don't leave their victims alive, so it doesn't matter how large the wound is."
That's a good point. :)

message 17: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Their teeth are strong, they dont need fangs

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ i was just thinking about this, actually. but i have read that some Vampires don't have fangs, in some series vampires always have fangs and in others-like in 'Evernight' and the 'Chronicles of Vladimir Tod.' their fangs enlarge when they are hungry. the bite mark on Bella's wrist shows a full set of teeth, so i don't think they have fangs, anyway.

Morgana_lefay @Thomas: (actually out of topic) mountain lion is a cougar not actual lions and cougars are in america
But I think that in quite few books you can find some inconsistency

Diane Morgana_lefay wrote: "@Thomas: (actually out of topic) mountain lion is a cougar not actual lions and cougars are in america
But I think that in quite few books you can find some inconsistency"

Cool, I didn't know this, thanks for letting us know.

Jessi Kelsey wrote: "their fake vampires. only cool vampires get fangs, not lame ones like these"

HEY! The Cullens are cool! And there isn't such thing as vampires, so how can you have a fake mythical creature....?

KareB LOL...I think it's really funny that I bothered to read all of the replies in this discussion. Stephenie was inspired by a dream she had. I doubt she took her story totally to heart and really doubted anyone else would either. She's been interviewed and said she doesn't even consider herself a "professional" yet. As far as fangs go, that would be pretty conspicuous if they had fangs. They do whatever they can to look as normal as they possibly can. Besides, we all have k-9's. Haven't you ever seen a toddler bite someone and leave marks? That's a baby...imagine if you had the strength of a a vampire. LOL

Smash I was thinking the same thing. to eat like an animal you would need animal adaptions. But i thing Stephanie Meyer was just trying to stray off the path of old legends that portrays them a hideous beast and have them really look like gorgeous gods.

Haidi Jessi wrote: "Kelsey wrote: "their fake vampires. only cool vampires get fangs, not lame ones like these"

HEY! The Cullens are cool! And there isn't such thing as vampires, so how can you have a fake mythical c..."

Exactly, Who said there was a hard and fast rule as to what a vamipre should or should not be.
There is no rule out there in the world of writers that says, "if you write about vampires then they must have ....."

Thats the beauty of fiction and fantasy, you can make it as crazy as you like.

Gemma Newey They don't have fangs - I believe it's what makes them look more human and draws more people too them - the whole looking, smelling and sounding good to draw their unsuspecting victim to them! But remember they have unbelievable strength and are basically like stone (at least that's what the films make them look like - shiny rocks in human form) so why would they need fangs, the have the strength to do what they like!