Romance Audiobooks discussion

Audiobook Discussions > The lost Suzanne Enoch books narrated by Tavia Gilbert

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) It looks as though a number of Suzanne Enoch books narrated by Tavia Gilbert are missing - from Audible, from Amazon, from Harper Audio. We discovered this on our Introductions thread. I have copied that discussion over here to get your attention and see if you all know where these books are?

Angie:
Tavia - I just wanted to say that you are my absolute favorite narrator when it comes to European historicals. I'm sure you get a lot of praise for the Jeaniene Frost books, which I love too, but maybe not for your historicals since you've only done a handful. But those Suzanne Enoch books that you narrated couldn't have been done better by anyone. Your accent is perfect. You do the male and female voices both superbly. You bring the right amount of energy and youth to the stories that the genre needs. I am anxiously awaiting the other Suzanne Enoch books that you have narrated. Hopefully they will come out very soon. Thank you for all the hard work you put into making these books come alive the way they do.

Tavia:
Her books are ridiculously fun! Some of the most fun books I've narrated, actually! I'm delighted that you have enjoyed them. Perhaps I'll get a chance to narrate another someday.
Happy listening, Angie!

Lea:
Okay - I looked and can't find an Enoch book narrated by Tavia. What am I missing?!

Tavia:
I've done The Rake, London's Perfect Scoundrel, England's Perfect Hero, Always a Scoundrel, and The Care and Taming of a Rogue. I'm not sure why they're not on Audible. I don't see them either. I did them for Harper.

Lea:
Well, darn. How are people purchasing these? I can't find a hard copy on Amazon either.

Tavia:
Maybe directly though Harper?

Lea:
This is certainly a mystery. I can't find them at Harper Audio either. How long ago did you record these books Tavia? And Angie, where did you obtain your copies?

Tavia:
I did them just last winter. It's a shame they're not out in the world! I had a great time, and I do think they're so fun to hear!

Angie:
Wow, they are all gone. I managed to get The Rake, The Care and Taming of a Rogue and Always a Scoundrel last year. They had London's Perfect Scoundrel up, too, but I had just recently read it so decided to get it a little later, but by then it was gone, along with The Rake. The other 2 were still there just a couple of months ago. I wrote Harper Audio last year to see what was going on but never got a response.

Lea:
Angie - did you buy through Audible or did you buy hard copies?

Tavia:
Did you try contacting Audible directly? Their customer service might be able to investigate. Hmmm...

Lea:
I'm taking this part of the thread over to its own thread on our Goodreads group to see if we can get some help there.

Tavia:
The Goodreads Disappearing Audiobooks Smackdown Posse?

message 2: by Dee (last edited Feb 23, 2012 09:53AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments would it be worth contacting harperaudio?

ETA - just sent an emails - let's see what they say ;)

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments I sent a message to Harper audio last year through their site, but never heard back. Maybe someone here knows a better way to contact them. I also wrote Ms. Enoch about it but didn't hear back from her either.

message 4: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments I was able to purchase Tavia's Always a Scoundrel from Audible. A few weeks ago I suppose. But how strange!

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Tavia, didn't I read on your website that you had done even more S. Enoch books - Reforming the Rake, A Matter of Scandal, Meet Me at Midnight, By Love Undone, and another one, I can't remember? I've just been dying to hear all of them.

message 6: by Angie (last edited Feb 23, 2012 09:59AM) (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments I was doing a Google search and I found a link to two of them on Amazon. It says they are not available in your area. You can listen to the samples.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&k...

I also followed a link to the Audio Book Store, but the page is no longer available.

message 7: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments She might have given an limited audio license that ran out. I don't remember my contracts, though I'll go check later,but sub-rights usually have a time limit and unless they redo the contact with (usually) another advance then they no longer have the rights to the books.

message 8: by Tavia (new)

Tavia Gilbert (taviagilbert) | 53 comments Angie, my website is really pathetically out of date - over a year since I updated it substantially. (I'm working on a new site that will be launched this spring, so stay tuned...) Originally I was contracted to do 10 Enoch titles, and then the contracts fell through for some of them. I was not sure at the time why. Sometimes that just happens. So there may be more listed that what I actually did. I believe I did at least four, all recorded last year at about this time. I wish I knew more about where they disappeared to! When I am next in touch with my publisher at Harper, I'll ask her. It's so nice that you're all interested, and that you enjoy the work. I would love to give you more to listen to!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

*pops out of the blue*

Hey all ^^

I want London's Perfect Scoundrel and I can't find it >< What's Harper audio thinking??

message 10: by Tavia (new)

Tavia Gilbert (taviagilbert) | 53 comments I checked with Harper about a month ago, and they said that there are rights issues with the agent keep the books out of circulation. I'll see a bunch of people from Harper soon, and I'll check with them again. Sorry for the long wait! Hope they get released.
: )

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

That's great to hear ^^ Can't wait :)

message 12: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Two of these books are available on Overdrive through the Free Library of Philadelphia - London's Perfect Scoundrel and The Rake. Anyone can sign up for a library card. It's $35 a year for non-residents. They have a pretty good selection from what I've seen so far, so that price for one year isn't bad at all. Here's the link if anyone's interested.

http://www.freelibrary.org/

message 13: by HJ (last edited Oct 13, 2013 04:00AM) (new)

HJ I've just searched for Suzanne Enoch in Audible UK and was amazed that I couldn't find any audiobooks for her. I Googled and found this thread. Is there any more news on this, please? She's one of my absolute favourite authors and it's infuriating to know that some of her books have been recorded but that we can't get hold of them!

message 14: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Hj wrote: "I've just searched for Suzanne Enoch in Audible UK and was amazed that I couldn't find any audiobooks for her. I Googled and found this thread. Is there any more news on this, please? She's one ..."

I wish that we had found out something since this thread was created, but they still haven't shown back up anywhere. Audible in the US has all four books in the Scandalous Brides series. These are put out by Tantor so they are on CDs. Is there a way for you to get them where you are?

Thanks for resurrecting the thread though. Maybe it will get someone's attention and let them know that we really want these books made available.

message 15: by HJ (new)

HJ Thank you for replying. The ones I really want are the earlier books, the very ones which Tavia recorded.

message 16: by Tavia (new)

Tavia Gilbert (taviagilbert) | 53 comments Hj wrote: "Thank you for replying. The ones I really want are the earlier books, the very ones which Tavia recorded."

Great news! I just heard from Harper that these books will go back on sale this fall, so if you check back periodically, they'll soon be available. Hope you enjoy them!

message 17: by HJ (new)

HJ Tavia wrote: "Hj wrote: "Thank you for replying. The ones I really want are the earlier books, the very ones which Tavia recorded."

Great news! I just heard from Harper that these books will go back on sale th..."

Excellent! I even sent an email to Suzanne Enoch via her website but haven't heard back yet, so thank you for letting us know.

Do you know: will Harper sell them through Audible? If not, how will they be sold?

Thanks again.

message 18: by Tavia (new)

Tavia Gilbert (taviagilbert) | 53 comments I suspect they will be available through Audible, yes.
: )

message 19: by HJ (new)

HJ Excellent! I'll keep checking there. Thank you!

message 20: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments I just checked and Audible has put 2 of these back up on the site already. They have The Rake and London's Perfect Scoundrel back up so far.

message 21: by HJ (new)

HJ Yippee! My two favourites after Lady Rogue. Off to Audible right now.

Thanks Angie!

message 22: by Janine (new)

Janine (j9koucheki) | 15 comments The only one in The London Rake series that I've never been able to find is London's Perfect Hero. I'd give anything to find that one in audio format. I've read it several times! Love it!

message 23: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Tavia said that she recorded England's Perfect Hero, so maybe it will be released soon on Audible along with the other two that are still missing. I've been waiting on it for the last couple of years.