Gay Science Fiction discussion

Introductions > Anne Tenino

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Okay, I've been avoiding doing this. I suppose it's time.

For some nutty reason, I volunteered to be a guinea pig for a group author discussion in June. I have a new book coming out in my Task Force Iota world—Turning Tricks—at the end of May. I hope no one kills me. I sort of rewrote my series arc and had to write a direct sequel to 18% Gray rather than the next in the series I had promised. In other words, TT features the same mc's as 18%.

For now, I'll tell you that it heavily features the medical/cybernetic sci-fi elements, and there are some new plot elements you'll see in the rest of the series.

Should I do a group giveaway for the discussion? Technically, I'm supposed to do GR giveaways a specific way, but I might be able to work around that. I'd like to offer a chance at a freebie to anyone in this group who is interested in the discussion.

message 2: by Cleon Lee (new)

Cleon Lee | 8 comments Anne wrote: "Okay, I've been avoiding doing this. I suppose it's time.

For some nutty reason, I volunteered to be a guinea pig for a group author discussion in June. I have a new book coming out in my Task F..."

Hi, Anne! I'm so excited to see 18% sequel is out soon! :D

message 3: by LenaLena (new)

LenaLena (marilenalena) | 7 comments This question is rhetorical, yes?

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

message 4: by Charming, Order theorist (new)

Charming (charming_euphemism) | 787 comments Mod
A group giveaway would be awesome!

I, for one, am not at all disappointed to learn this next book is a sequel.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments All right! I'll figure something out, then, and announce details here.

BTW, if I haven't announced a giveaway by the end of April, someone might want to remind me...

message 6: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (mm_reads) | 168 comments Mod
This is totally awesome!!

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments I'm kind of looking forward to it, even. LOL

message 8: by D (new)

D Wow! Just WOW, Anne! I'm currently reading 18% Gray for the A-Z Friends Challenge and Team Bingo. "Survival of the Queerest" oh hell yeah! Thoroughly enjoying the book so far. It would be fantastic to see a sequel come from this book.

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments You are so in luck, D, because there's a sequel coming out in May—near the end, I don't have an exact date yet, but I'll post it when I do.

I'm really glad you're enjoying it! I love hearing that from people. :-)

message 10: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (mm_reads) | 168 comments Mod
Oh, Anne, that's exciting you're nearly done!

message 11: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) Great stuff! Marking my calendar!

message 12: by Jambrea (new)

Jambrea Jones | 14 comments OMG! I can't wait. I loved the first two mcs so alls good!!! :)

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments I can't wait either! And I'm so not promoting, because I'm trying to finish another book and I'm being lame...

message 14: by Jambrea (new)

Jambrea Jones | 14 comments lol When is it out again? I need to make sure I get it. And I need to re read the first one so I'm ready! lol

message 15: by L-D (new)

L-D (lannie95) I will need to do a re-read also I think!

message 16: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments It's out next Wednesday the 30th.

message 17: by Jambrea (new)

Jambrea Jones | 14 comments WOOHOO!!!!!

message 18: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Okay, I don't normally do this, because I like to keep the Chicks & Dicks somewhat separate, but today the post we have up is important to me. It reminds me of a different time in my life, and it's extremely real if you know what I mean. So, check it out: "The Darkest Hours" by Gary @handovertweets http://chicksndicks.blogspot.com

message 19: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Hey, there's a pretty substantial excerpt on the Dreamspinner page for Turning Tricks, so I thought I'd direct everyone there. http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

You have to click on "expand" on the right side of the screen to see the excerpt.

message 20: by LenaLena (new)

LenaLena (marilenalena) | 7 comments They don't do pre-orders? Bastards. Making my life more complicated.

message 21: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Marleen wrote: "They don't do pre-orders? Bastards. Making my life more complicated."

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer...

message 22: by LenaLena (new)

LenaLena (marilenalena) | 7 comments Please publish everything you write from now on at Riptide, yeah? Easier for me.

message 23: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments LOL Well, I can understand. I do really like the Riptide functionality, both for authors and readers. But since I started this series with Dreamspinner, it's likely I'll do the whole thing there.

Did I tell you guys I might have Laslo & Logan's book out in November/December?

message 24: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Okay, I reblogged a post that went awry, and anyone who wants a little bit of history on Turning Tricks can check it out on my site: http://annetenino.com/2012/05/27/i-di...

message 25: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Release Day! And it's even 20% off at Dreamspinner Press today http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

And yeah, I'm posting the exact same announcement everywhere... I'm lazy?

message 26: by Jambrea (new)

Jambrea Jones | 14 comments lol! I got my copy this morning! :) Woot. Still re reading the first one right now. :)

message 27: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Jambrea wrote: "lol! I got my copy this morning! :) Woot. Still re reading the first one right now. :)"

Have fun, hon!

message 28: by Paws (new)

Paws Apparently lazy works! ;)
Buying it now.....

Oh! And I'm in the middle of reading Frat Boy & Toppy now, and loving it!

message 29: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Paws wrote: "Apparently lazy works! ;)
Buying it now.....

Oh! And I'm in the middle of reading Frat Boy & Toppy now, and loving it!"

Lazy always works for me...

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself with that one, it was fun to write. And, you know, kind of hawt. ;-)

message 30: by Cleon Lee (last edited May 30, 2012 07:56PM) (new)

Cleon Lee | 8 comments Anne wrote: "Paws wrote: "Apparently lazy works! ;)
Buying it now.....

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself..."

Kinda? kinda? :P

Anyway, congrats on the release! Of course you need some proper cake, and since we're in sci-fi group, NASA cake seems appropriate...;)

message 31: by LenaLena (new)

LenaLena (marilenalena) | 7 comments Ahhhhh. The space shuttle penis cake. A classic!

message 32: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Cleon wrote: "Anne wrote: "Paws wrote: "Apparently lazy works! ;)
Buying it now.....

I'm glad you're enjo..."

That booster rocket, it's so . . . powerful looking. Like it has a lot of thrust capability.

Can you imagine if someone made a cockring that looked like a space shuttle? I love that!

message 33: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Hey All! I'm blogging at Dawn's Reading Nook today, and among other things I'm talking about scifi romance fans. http://dawnsreadingnook.blogspot.com/...

message 34: by Charming, Order theorist (last edited Jun 06, 2012 01:01PM) (new)

Charming (charming_euphemism) | 787 comments Mod
Anne wrote: "Hey All! I'm blogging at Dawn's Reading Nook today, and among other things I'm talking about scifi romance fans. http://dawnsreadingnook.blogspot.com/..."

Yes! This is the map I wanted to see. I am adding it to the other thread too.

message 35: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 197 comments Charming wrote: "Anne wrote: "Hey All! I'm blogging at Dawn's Reading Nook today, and among other things I'm talking about scifi romance fans. http://dawnsreadingnook.blogspot.com/......"

Cool! I should have thought of putting it there.