YA and Beyond discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,495 (1495 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

message 1: by Kourtni (last edited Feb 23, 2012 09:21AM) (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Okay I may be totally crazy but I didn't see a topic for TV shows. So I've created one because there are a few that I am completely addicted to that I would love to discuss. Here's whats on my TV agenda here lately:

Once Upon a Time - Absolute favorite right now!
Hart of Dixie
New Girl
Revenge
Biggest Loser
The Secret Circle
Grimm

I was watching The Voice and American Idol regularly, but my wonderful hubby decided cable was too expensive and cancelled it. And they are not on Hulu...Sad face :(

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 6961 comments Mod
Hello Kourtni! I never watch tv so I have nothing to contribute - hahaha!

I watch and love the first 4 shows you listed. I don't watch The Biggest Loser but my friend LOVES it. I tried Secret Circle as you know and I think it is not for me. I have watched all the eps of Grimm but so far I am indifferent to that show.

As you know I am loving Hart of Dixie right now. I also love Castle, The Middle, Modern Family, Parks & Rec, Switched at Birth, Downton Abbey. Southland is my #1 favorite right now. Glee is hit or miss the last year or so. I am also very much enjoying The Voice. Wow! That is a lot of shows.

message 3: by Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (last edited Feb 23, 2012 01:21PM) (new)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments Oh lordy! I need to list the TV shows I watch?!

All the Real Housewives shows
The Good Wife
Once Upon a Time
The Lying Game
Pretty Little Liars
Secret Life of the American Teenager
Southland
The Middle
Modern Family
Switched at Birth
Glee
Revenge
The Vampire Diaries
Grimm
Survivor
The Voice
American Idol
Jersey Shore
Real World
Ridiculousness

Now, let me just say that I started watching Jersey Shore because I liked it but now I just watch it because my son does. It's boring to me now. He also got me hooked on Rob Dyrdek shows and I *heart* him now. He is a good laugh.

Used to watch The Biggest Loser but it got to be too long of a show and interfered with other shows. LOL! I know that I'm forgetting some shows that are on hiatus right now. I love Bravo.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments OMGosh! Look at that list! I couldn't see it when I was typing it.

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (closer2coma86) | 9 comments Can't deny that Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, and 16 and Pregnant are my gulity pleasures. Besides those, the only shows I watch are The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, and The Vampire Diaries.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments Oh! I forgot Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant. I watch those too. *gulp*

message 7: by Heidi (new)

I don't watch Secret Life but the main actress was fantastic in the movie The Descendant's. I am not into reality shows (except ones where they have a talent like The Voice or Sing Off).

message 8: by Kourtni (last edited Feb 24, 2012 07:30AM) (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Wow Shannen! That is an impressive list LoL!! OOoOo I need to add some...

Castle (The last two episodes were nail biters!)
Ridiculousness (I love Rob Dyrdek too Shannen!)
Parenthood
*cough*Jersey Shore*cough* - Some of them are actually funny and its fun to watch the others act like idiots.

message 9: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments I can't stress how upset I am that I can't watch The Voice and American Idol anymore. I love my singing shows. :'(

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments Oh, I watch Parenthood too. Thankfully, they don't all have the same season run or I would have to really pick and choose. I record all of them and skip through all commercials so that cuts down on viewing time. ;) I love TV.

So far, The Voice isn't impressing me this season but we'll see once they get their teams all chosen. American Idol is another story though. They just picked their final 24 and I love so many of them. One of them is from Portland so I'll be cheering for her.

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Why can't you watch them Kourtni? I watch the Voice online. I am so over AI. I forgot Parenthood too!

message 12: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments The Voice is online? Well I will have to watch it on my computer then! Maybe I can find American Idol too.

Parenthood is the only show I have to wait for my hubby to be home to watch. He loves it as much as I do, which is weird for us! We mostly don't like the same TV Shows. He usually only watches car shows and sports....

message 13: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments My close friends have been trying to get me to watch Vampire Diaries, but I can't bring myself to do it. Twilight ruined me for on-screen vampires. Does anybody watch it/ like it?

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Kourtni my hubby only watches certain shows with me too (Southland, Mad Men, Friday Night Lights, Breaking Bad). I watch the Voice on Hulu while I work (I minimize it and check the singer briefly). NBC also has full episodes. Go there now and watch them so we can talk about it! I think they are all really good this year.

message 15: by Heidi (last edited Feb 24, 2012 09:55AM) (new)

Kourtni wrote: "My close friends have been trying to get me to watch Vampire Diaries, but I can't bring myself to do it. Twilight ruined me for on-screen vampires. Does anybody watch it/ like it?"

I watched the first two seasons on Netflix and liked it more than I thought I would. This season (3) has not been as good IMO. Knowing you I think you would like it.

message 16: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments I would SO watch The Voice right now but the company I work for has banned all the good websites (Facebook, Pinterest, Anything with video).

I guess I will give in and watch an episode of Vampire Diaries. If you liked it (Vamps and all) then I should love it!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments Kourtni - I love Vampire Diaries but you need to watch two to three episodes to give it a fair chance. Damon has tons of sex appeal and Stefan is pretty easy on the eyes. ;)

message 18: by Heidi (new)

Kourtni watch the voice at home and come back then!

message 19: by Bridget (new)

Bridget  (bridgethw) | 52 comments *I guess I was having an operator malfunction today when I posted this on the wrong discussion :-O * Any how moving on... I fight for DVR time constantly so I have resigned myself to finding more shows my kids and I can watch together. Especially once I found it hard to enforce an early bedtime with our busy school/sports/homework/family time schedule. Lots of half hour shows. I totally gave up on Parenthood too- not enough comedy to it.
#1 Fav-Once Upon A Time
Jane By Design
Switched at Birth
Suburgatory
Glee
New Girl
Raising Hope
30 Rock
Grimm
Fringe
The Middle
Modern Family
Survivor
Pan Am
AGT
Terra Nova
Vampire Diaries
Greys Anatomy
Revenge
Amazing Race

Oh and I started Smash this month too. Its only been a couple shows, so far its like Glee after graduation.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Bridget I thought you were just so in love with these shows you put them in the Love thread :) I started Smash too and so far I like it. I love all the comedies you mentioned -- do you watch Parks & Rec at all? That is probably my favorite comedy right now. I haven't been watching 30 Rock this year because it is no longer on Hulu Plus (boo!) so I am holding out to watch them all on Netflix later.

message 21: by Heidi (new)

I am so sad not to be able to watch Downton Abbey or OUAT tonight. Anyone watching the Oscars?

message 22: by Bridget (new)

Bridget  (bridgethw) | 52 comments Heidi wrote: "Bridget I thought you were just so in love with these shows you put them in the Love thread :) I started Smash too and so far I like it. I love all the comedies you mentioned -- do you watch Pa..."

I do watch Parks and Rec. I LOVE Rob Lowe...ever since Sodapop Curtis. I love comedy, I also like Cougar Town and Happy Endings. I never remeber Hulu... but watch netflix often to catch up or get hooked.

message 23: by Heidi (new)

Bridget wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Bridget I thought you were just so in love with these shows you put them in the Love thread :) I started Smash too and so far I like it. I love all the comedies you mentioned -- ..."

I like Cougar town too (penny can!) - If Happy Endings was on Hulu Plus I would watch it, but alas it is not (even though all the other ABC comedies are!)

message 24: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments So I didn't do a whole lot of reading this weekend but I did a LOT of catching up on some TV shows.

I'm a little over halfway through the first season of Vampire Diaries (there are a lot of episodes in one season!) and I LOVE it. Before I started watching I didn't see the reason for all the hype about the vamp boys, but now I think they're delish!!! Funny how that happens.

I caught up on The Voice and WOW! There are a few people that are absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get to the battles!!

Oh and I have seen the first few episodes of Smash and I really like it too. Good stuff!

message 25: by Heidi (last edited Feb 27, 2012 08:52AM) (new)

Yay Kourtni! We are a lot of like when it comes to tv then :) I think the Voice has even better people than last year! Where are these people coming from? I always make fun of Glee for having too many talented kinds in one area but perhaps I underestimate the amount of great singers out there.

Glad you liked VD -- I knew you would. I was surprised you were not already watching it to be honest!

Smash is def. growing on me. How can you not love Debra Messing? She rocks!

message 26: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Oh man! I had no idea what I was missing not watching VD! I am hooked for good.

Glee does have quite a bit of talent, but I have been pretty disappointed in the show lately. I watch purely for the music now.

And I agree! Debra Messing rocks the cat box!! BTW I don't like the girl who got Marilyn. Booooo.

message 27: by Heidi (last edited Feb 27, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

Kourtni wrote: "Oh man! I had no idea what I was missing not watching VD! I am hooked for good.

Glee does have quite a bit of talent, but I have been pretty disappointed in the show lately. I watch purely for t..."

I think the point is that we don't particularly like Ivy so we root for the girl Katherine McPhee plays
(I would have never thought I would be rooting for K. McPhee after Idol!)

I powered through the first two seasons of VD before Christmas this year so I could watch the reruns of season 3 during their hiatis. I missed a few shows from earlier this year but am pretty caught up. I am not loving season 3 like I did the first two seasons.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments I knew Kourtni would love VD! All the guys on there are beautiful!

I watched the first three episodes of Smash last night and although I love Debra Messing, I don't know that I can put up with the two Marilyns.

message 29: by Heidi (new)

I actually like the rest of the cast more than the two Marilyn's. That sneaky assistant is going to cause problems I tell you! I love the dynamics between Debra and her partner -- they are cute together (professionally speaking of course).

message 30: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Oooh yeah Ivy is her name. I just despise what she did right before she got the part. It may not have been the reason she got it because she was good, but still, yuck.

message 31: by Heidi (last edited Feb 27, 2012 09:35AM) (new)

Kourtni wrote: "Oooh yeah Ivy is her name. I just despise what she did right before she got the part. It may not have been the reason she got it because she was good, but still, yuck."

I have to say even though that guy (Derek) is an asshat I have a little crush on him too -- must be the accent. I really like the relationship with Karen & Dev - Dev seems like a really good guy so I hope it stays that way!

message 32: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Yeah I have a teeny crush on Derek as well :) I can't STAND the assistant dude either. Bleh!! (I'm so bad with names)

message 33: by Heidi (last edited Feb 27, 2012 11:43AM) (new)

Kourtni wrote: "Yeah I have a teeny crush on Derek as well :) I can't STAND the assistant dude either. Bleh!! (I'm so bad with names)"

I am bad with names too - I check IMDB! Speaking of IMDB - I just checked and the guy who plays Derek was on the BBC show Couples. I knew I recognized him. He was much nicer on there.

message 34: by Heidi (new)

Loving the Voice each week. Adam seems to have the best team so far (again) - Christina has such an eclectic group this year so she may have a keeper too. Loved her duet tonight.

message 35: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Haven't seen The Voice yet this week! I've been so stinking enthralled in Vampire Diaries I haven't watched or read anything else. BTW I am on season 2 now and I am in looooooove with Damon. Poor tortured and completely amazingly gorgeous Damon...*sigh*

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments LOL, Kourtni! Yep, hard not to love the guy. I don't think there is a guy on there that I don't love in some way, shape or form. Love the girls too except maybe not Bonnie. She annoys me for some reason.

message 37: by Heidi (new)

Kourtni wrote: "Haven't seen The Voice yet this week! I've been so stinking enthralled in Vampire Diaries I haven't watched or read anything else. BTW I am on season 2 now and I am in looooooove with Damon. Poor t..."

I knew it! I told you you would like it. I powered through seasons 1 & 2 in like two weeks myself.

message 38: by Heidi (new)

Shannen I am liking Make it or Break it now. I am on episode 11 of season 1.

message 39: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Yep, most of the boys are pretty delicious. :) Caroline is really the only one who annoys me. I used to like Bonnie a lot, but shes getting all angry and vampire hatery on me.

message 40: by Heidi (new)

Caroline has turned into a favorite of mine so hopefully she will grow on you. Bonnie is now my least favortie person (except another character that you have not met yet).

message 41: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments I'm catching up quickly! And I think after the events in the episode I just finished I'm about to like Caroline a lot more. ;)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments I'm with Heidi. Caroline is one of my favorite characters and I scream at the TV every time I think they are going to kill her off. I think I know the other character Heidi is talking about I'm not sure.

message 43: by Kourtni (last edited Feb 29, 2012 07:52AM) (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Alright, who is this character I haven't met that you don't like? I must know.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments I think it's a woman who was introduced this season. Can't remember her name but that might be who Heidi is referring to.

message 45: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments I still have about 10 episodes left in season 2! I'm about to meet Claus(sp?).

message 46: by Heidi (new)

Shannen (Is it March 23rd yet?) wrote: "I think it's a woman who was introduced this season. Can't remember her name but that might be who Heidi is referring to."

Her too (the doc - right?) -- but Klaus is who I was talking about!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 1094 comments Yes, the doc. But Klaus would have been my second guess!

message 48: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments They keep talking about Klaus, but I still haven't met him. I guess I don't want to now!

message 49: by Heidi (new)

I kind of have a crush on the actor who plays Klaus because he has cute dimples and an accent, but his character is evil!

message 50: by Heidi (new)

Parenthood was awesome this week. SO sad it is done for the year :(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 29 30